Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should a bride be commended for selling her $12K dress to recoup the cash?

Danton1975

Don Juan
Reaction score
I commend a woman like that as she has quite a bit of common sense and I don't see the hurt in trying to recoup thousands of dollars on an item that 80 % of women won't fit any longer 5 years into marriage :)

I find from experience that the wedding dress is a bit of hallowed ground for most of the married women though. I thought about approaching my wife about selling it...but then I didn't because I didn't want to sound like a cheapskate. If she wants to keep it...F*ck it, let her keep it...it's her right after all. And yes, she does fit in it, 10 years after marriage so the argument may be: "As long as she fits in it, she should keep it :)"

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wedding dresses should be made as cheap and disposable as possible since they're generally a one-time use piece of clothing. Keeping the wedding dress is like keeping the first diaper your kid 5hits in; It's used, no longer fits, and it was used for a 5hitty purpose.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In India the practice known as dowry is widespread.

dowry is wealthy and property given to the husband by the wives family at the time of marriage.....this is because it was understood since ancient days that men needed tangible guarantees against the vacillations of women...and that a girls family risked ridicule if one of their daughters were to shame them in relation to her husband.

why have we not learned from the wisdom of the east?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd get married at the court house.

At the age of 54 a decade after world war iii and after 7 years of being annoyed to get married by my now 22 year old girlfriend and after the repeal of all the sexist laws previously making marriage ill-advised, I'd finally cave one morning and say "Put on your best sundress and let's get married this afternoon. Get dressed now or forever hold your peace."

She'd then gleefully get up and scamper nude off to get a shower for her big day, bouncing joyfully for my eyes on the way.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
So she only p!ssed away $6K instead of the whole $12K. She deserves a cookie! :crackup:
Haha, no sh1t. Sounds like all these people that buy a $35,000 truck because they get a tax write off. WTF, spend $35,000 to save $3,500???? I mean, you still spend $31,500!!

You can get a damn good wedding dress for $1,000, so I feel like you're a fvcking idiot if you spent $12,000. Just kill yourself now. Send me some of that disposable income become before you do though.