Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Short Dudes!!!

Swampcamel

Don Juan
Reaction score
MAN, tough ****. I'm 5'8'', and it's just harder work. Here are the things I've been suggested, and some of the things I've noticed...

FIRST, gotta work out. I've also got a hyper-metabolism, and the stuff in the fitness/diet thread's been good but it's just SUCH a long and somewhat expensive road, so I'm a couple months out from getting from 120 lbs up to a recommended 140 for my height. I'm still really fit, my body works great for me, got abs and strength and speed, but I think it puts off a girl in a huge maybe self conscious way when you're smaller than her in either dimension (width, length). She doesn't like thinking about her waist size being bigger than yours.

So, that'll help, but I'm impatient in the meantime. Savoy advises wearing tall shoes, get an extra inch and a half or something. I don't really know about this, have any height-lacking DJ's tried this out in the field? It's probably fine for initial approaches as they probably won't notice immediately, but does it say something about your comfort and confidence levels with who you are if you're going to that kind of effort? Feels clownish to me, but I guess I could just try it and see how it goes...

In sets with taller, bigger dudes, more emphasized body language seems necessary for controlling the frame. Tall people just generally pull focus with more ease, so it's not enough to match what they're putting out, you have to show more energy to draw the focus. Volume and emotive behavior are good, but any one can easily match it and interrupt, talk over, so the right gesturing and posture are super important for these larger sets that you don't outright physically dominate in basic presence.

An interesting part of being shorter is that anyone that is close to the same height (which is going to be the vast majority of girls) will have a much easier time noticing what your eyes are doing. Eye contact is more intense and also more important at this altitude. People don't naturally look down or at the ground, you relax your eyes at your height, so if a tall guy isn't looking at someone in the set, it's more natural than a shorter person who has to pretty intentionally avert his gaze to avoid looking at someone's face. A tall guy can look up during a conversation as if his face is resetting to the more relaxed state, but when a short guy looks away, it's requiring more effort instead of less to do so. So, never drop your eye contact unless you're allowed the distraction.

If sitting in a set, take up as much space as possible. Spread them legs, cross no limbs, and if you're resting your arms, only have one arm rested forward so you take up more space depth-wise. Sling the other one over the back of your chair or something, or just keep it hanging to the side. If standing in a set, don't let the tall dudes have any elbows in front of you. You already lack the mass to fill up as much of a girl's periphery as you can, so any amount someone is blocking will make you next to invisible. Establish your position early on in the set with as little distance from the person across from you as you can. Taller dudes will take advantage of any space you allow to push you into the beta spot of the circle, and it's not hard for them. So don't give 'em the space.

Also, in a standing set, don't stand right next to any of the tall people and give people the juxtaposition. If you're standing across, never lean in when talking to the tall dudes. They often will lean in and slightly bend over when you're speaking if across from you, which lowers their perceived dominance in the set while increasing yours.

Well, that's what I got. I'd love any more ideas as it's a tougher game.

Hiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
LIFTKITS: Height Increasing Insoles
Life's short, you don't have to be.

Good tips. Agree with more emphasized body language. All the shorter guys I know who are good with women do this.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when you're short you will come across as less threatening to people. One could use this to their advantage in making others comfortable around them.

I've noticed two common trends with very short guys (<5'6"): they either become tough guys or become charming and liked by all (think Danny Devito).

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Wear like ten pairs of thick socks.

Keep a brick with you to stand on or knock someone out with.

Seriously,

Work out, try some lifts in your shoes, stand up straight don't slouch.

Don't come off with a Napolean complex. People notice that immediately.

Have some body to your hair.

Look, dress and groom your best.

That's about all you can do besides being truly confident.

Most Marines are short. There's a lot of short people who've accomplished a lot.

Short People Randy Newman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'8" is the average height of the american male. if a girl is taller then that (which alot are these days do to hormones) then they are what I call Trampazons. the tall women can't find any men because the stupid short girls have them all. true story.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never had any problems as a fit short guy (5'8). Was never built or strong, but still got way more attention and approaches than other guys... Even tall, buff ones... Which just pissed them off, and resulted in a lot of bullying / competing. I was even shy and passive... But I had a "sexay" face, took extreme care of my appearance, and was a social beast.

The looks made up for any other faults. If you don't have that, and are short, you're at an extreme disadvantage. Fortunately, women are shallow, and care about looks more than anything. If you can beat other men with that - you have it made. But if you're below or on the same level, you're probably screwed. You need to stand out and be above them in some way. Being socially adept and highly likeable is also a huge plus (ie, an appealing personality)... Both combined just kills the competition.

You don't need to compete on their level (ie, being a tough guy), because you really can't. Just play to your strengths. At the same time, don't be a weak pushover, and know how to assert yourself, and have sufficient self-esteem and respect, or prepare to get trounced. Most people assume you're weak because you look non-threatening on initial glance (ie, easy prey). Don't allow or tolerate any BS or disrespect.

Being short was never really a flaw, or something that held me back. Or even really came into the picture at all. Was NEVER rejected for being too short (but was for being a sissy *****).

The problem was always with other men - not women (although getting more attention than them didn't help)... Namely in the form of bullying and down-sizing. I find to just ignore the "tough guy", competitive (insecure, jealous) *******s. Men only ever got in the way, held me back, tried to keep me below them, etc. Having them around, and being a social, popular guy didn't help **** with women (as far as attracting them). In fact, all they did was compete, ****block, and sabotage, and just make things harder. Especially around good-looking women; even so-called best friends would do it. Plus women always wanted 1 on 1 time - away from all the groups / friends. So, screw other men.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
i'm around 5 foot 8, girls never really looked at me until i started lifting. Now I get stares, actually one girl said she would never go for me because i was "too big" for her liking.

Short guys like us need to workout. You ever see a tall guy who is kind of big? He looks goofy. You ever see a short guy with a wide back, wide chest, slim waist and nice legs? Those guys get looks. Air go, i dont mind being short

IronDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Checking in at 5'7". I usually don't have issues with my height, but sometimes a girl will make a comment about it. I feel like it's just a Sh*t test when they do it, though.

Hiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tom Cruise
James Dean
Daniel Craig
Sylvester Stallone........ all shorter dudes.

For the record, 5'8" isn't too short. I knew a guy that was 5'4". Owned a business, successful, but you could tell the height thing was still an issue. Never left home without his cowboy boots...

quagland

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'6". It is a disadvantage but I've pulled quality over the years. Tall blondes, short brunettes. My ex wife is gorgeous. I just have to work harder and pay more attention than say someone like me but 4" inches or taller.

Sir_Laid_A_Lot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Swampcamel said:
MAN, tough ****. I'm 5'8'', and it's just harder work. Here are the things I've been suggested, and some of the things I've noticed...

FIRST, gotta work out. I've also got a hyper-metabolism, and the stuff in the fitness/diet thread's been good but it's just SUCH a long and somewhat expensive road, so I'm a couple months out from getting from 120 lbs up to a recommended 140 for my height. I'm still really fit, my body works great for me, got abs and strength and speed, but I think it puts off a girl in a huge maybe self conscious way when you're smaller than her in either dimension (width, length). She doesn't like thinking about her waist size being bigger than yours.

So, that'll help, but I'm impatient in the meantime. Savoy advises wearing tall shoes, get an extra inch and a half or something. I don't really know about this, have any height-lacking DJ's tried this out in the field? It's probably fine for initial approaches as they probably won't notice immediately, but does it say something about your comfort and confidence levels with who you are if you're going to that kind of effort? Feels clownish to me, but I guess I could just try it and see how it goes...

In sets with taller, bigger dudes, more emphasized body language seems necessary for controlling the frame. Tall people just generally pull focus with more ease, so it's not enough to match what they're putting out, you have to show more energy to draw the focus. Volume and emotive behavior are good, but any one can easily match it and interrupt, talk over, so the right gesturing and posture are super important for these larger sets that you don't outright physically dominate in basic presence.

An interesting part of being shorter is that anyone that is close to the same height (which is going to be the vast majority of girls) will have a much easier time noticing what your eyes are doing. Eye contact is more intense and also more important at this altitude. People don't naturally look down or at the ground, you relax your eyes at your height, so if a tall guy isn't looking at someone in the set, it's more natural than a shorter person who has to pretty intentionally avert his gaze to avoid looking at someone's face. A tall guy can look up during a conversation as if his face is resetting to the more relaxed state, but when a short guy looks away, it's requiring more effort instead of less to do so. So, never drop your eye contact unless you're allowed the distraction.

If sitting in a set, take up as much space as possible. Spread them legs, cross no limbs, and if you're resting your arms, only have one arm rested forward so you take up more space depth-wise. Sling the other one over the back of your chair or something, or just keep it hanging to the side. If standing in a set, don't let the tall dudes have any elbows in front of you. You already lack the mass to fill up as much of a girl's periphery as you can, so any amount someone is blocking will make you next to invisible. Establish your position early on in the set with as little distance from the person across from you as you can. Taller dudes will take advantage of any space you allow to push you into the beta spot of the circle, and it's not hard for them. So don't give 'em the space.

Also, in a standing set, don't stand right next to any of the tall people and give people the juxtaposition. If you're standing across, never lean in when talking to the tall dudes. They often will lean in and slightly bend over when you're speaking if across from you, which lowers their perceived dominance in the set while increasing yours.

Well, that's what I got. I'd love any more ideas as it's a tougher game.
From my experience, there is no co-relation between "Height" and "Success with women". I am 5"5' and i've slept with 260 women so far. All you have to do is keep 1) Physically and mentally fit, 2) Display a lot of high self-esteem and confidence and 3) Dress well. As time goes on you will gain a lot of EXPERIENCE through your mistakes and add them to your ARSENAL.

Reaction score
The quick solution is to just date shorter than you. Height is a "relative" problem. You can always make more money or earn your way to a powerful position (destroys the perception of height).

I wrote an article a while ago on the research:

http://www.bodylanguageproject.com/articles/tallmen.htm

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I'm 5'10, it's above average for a UK male apparently. However I still think of myself as small, growing up I was always the smallest by quite a bit, it doesn't help that I'm not a gym-man either, I prefer to go with sports like football(soccer to you) and have a fairly athletic, yet still skinny frame.

My friends back home, most are still taller than me, some of my closest friends are 6'0+ with a couple being 6'3/6'4. Now to them I'm still small because I grew up with them and we have it in our heads that I am small.

Uni however is a different story, I still think I'm small, but nobody else does, I get your not that bad, but never small, if anything I put the idea into their heads. There's one guy who is the same height as me, and some of the girls refer to him as little, but not me. The difference between us? I walk with my head held high, I take up space when I sit down and I am pretty loud and vibrant in the social scene.

My height is no longer an issue, because I've accepted two things, thanks to both my friends at home and at uni. I am this height, I'm not going to get any bigger so why be fussed about it. Second, your posture, body language and social skills can make you look bigger/taller than you are if you really are that fussed about it.

Gunner

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm short too. I wouldn't recommend being "super built" to short guys though. When you're really muscular and wide it makes you look even shorter. I remember in college there was a dude exactly my height and everyone thought I was taller simply because I was skinnier. Until we stood next to each other and it became obvious that we were the exact same height.

Optical illusion.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The perception of height as being superior genes likely comes from our days as pre-historic humans, when most people were inbred, malnourished, and about four feet tall.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well either way, being short certainly doesn't help even today :) Though everybody's got a shortcoming they hate about themselves, pun intended. Some guys have low IQs, some guys have small wangs, some guys have high-pitched voices, some guys chronically sweat, etc etc etc.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir_Laid_A_Lot said:
From my experience, there is no co-relation between "Height" and "Success with women". I am 5"5' and i've slept with 260 women so far. All you have to do is keep 1) Physically and mentally fit, 2) Display a lot of high self-esteem and confidence and 3) Dress well. As time goes on you will gain a lot of EXPERIENCE through your mistakes and add them to your ARSENAL.
Well if you were 6' 5" maybe you could have doubled your count to 520!

So many BSers here lately. kind of sad really. To say height has no bearing in attraction is a lie. Women have said that they outright rejected short guys on that basis alone. And don't really care about the 'what women say' because this one is pretty cut and dry.

Not to say a shorter guy can't do good, but to lie about it is equally unhelpful.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6'5 and have had approximately one girlfriend. Am I perhaps too tall?

Reaction score
I was doing some research today...making a quick guide compliment to this big book...I forgot about this one which will give some tips on leveling the playing field. However, my overall contention is to just date girls a couple inches shorter. Yeah it shrinks the playing field, but there are still a crap load of girls 5'-6"-5'8" Generally girls will date right up to their own height and after that they feel insecure and so do their friends.

http://bodylanguageproject.com/the-...ad/environment-plays-on-height-and-dominance/

Brosy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I'm delusional but at 5'8 I've never considered myself short, nor been referred to as such. Height has f!*k all to do with anything in my experience unless maybe you are at either end of the extremes.

Now a girl over 5'8... you have a convo with her, so many I meet have a MASSIVE complex about it and think they are freaks.