Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shogun gets robbed @ UFC 104!!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was complete bullsh!t man. I'm a Machida fan, but Shogun clearly won the fight. The UFC has turned into boxing. The judges are paid.

Im never going to bet on a UFC fight again. Even Goldberg and Rogan were dead silent for 3 seconds after the BS decision was called. Anyone else agree?

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest screw over in MMA history. If theres never been any appeals after any decision in an MMA fight, there should be one now.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't see the fight, but that's the buzz I'm hearing from everyone. Not one person out there is saying Machida won.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shogun clearly won rounds 2,4,5. Rounds 1 and 3 were close, but even giving these rounds to Machida Shogun still should have won. There was also a horsesh1t early stoppage in the Rothwell/Velasquez fight. Why doesn't someone fire that jackass Steve Mazzagatti? I've made up my mind, I'm not buying anymore UFC pay-per-views for at least a while.

HeyPachuco!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really? I couldn't get to watch the fight, but I was up late waiting for the review on Google. Apparently, they're saying Shogun didn't FINISH the fight. He just used kicks. Sounds like Machida was safely dominated in 4 of the 5 rounds by Shogun.

But hey, good reason I dont use ppv anymore!

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a robbery.

Both men, but mainly Machida, were fighting not to lose. Machida evaded a lot of strikes, but Shogun far and away landed the most strikes. Since there were no takedowns and no knockdowns, all the judges have to score from is the strikes landed and octagon control. It was close, but I had scored Shogun as victor by a couple points. I could have even understood a draw, but a unanimous victory for Machida was clear and definitive evidence of judging bias and politics.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand what people are so upset about. Leg kicks do not win fights, Rua should have ended that fight and he had 5 rounds to do it. He was scared to get in close for a takedown because if you notice every time he tried Machida nailed him with a couple of knees and a blow to the head.

Rua knew that Machida's legs were spaghetti he should have went all out on the last round. He had nothing to lose Hell Rua wasn't even banged up.

You go into a fight knowing that YOU have to beat the champion not he other way around. A Champion can afford to be safe he has the title, you as the challenger nees to take it.

Machida should have walked away with his title but yeah he didn't unanimously win that fight.........

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
women haze said:
I don't understand what people are so upset about. Leg kicks do not win fights, Rua should have ended that fight and he had 5 rounds to do it. He was scared to get in close for a takedown because if you notice every time he tried Machida nailed him with a couple of knees and a blow to the head.

Rua knew that Machida's legs were spaghetti he should have went all out on the last round. He had nothing to lose Hell Rua wasn't even banged up.

You go into a fight knowing that YOU have to beat the champion not he other way around. A Champion can afford to be safe he has the title, you as the challenger nees to take it.

Machida should have walked away with his title but yeah he didn't unanimously win that fight.........

I completely agree with you.

Lyoto To win the title by knocking out someone who was undefeated and then to lose it by to someone who leg kicks you the entire match is not worthy to be called the champion.

To be the champion you have to beat a champion which rua clearly did not.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UFC is becoming more like a Don King promotion with each event. One of the things I used to love about MMA was that it wasn't corrupt like boxing. Don't give me any of this Don King "he didn't finish" bullsh1t either. By using this excuse you're basically saying that you support decisions being rigged and irrelevant in title fights. The only reason Machida still has the title is because of politics to protect the champion. UFC now has a lame duck as their light heavyweight champ. Hopefully, Shogun now realizes that UFC title fight decisions are rigged and goes all out in the rematch.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EA Gold said:
I completely agree with you.

Lyoto To win the title by knocking out someone who was undefeated and then to lose it by to someone who leg kicks you the entire match is not worthy to be called the champion.

To be the champion you have to beat a champion which rua clearly did not.
Tell that to Lennox Lewis. He was a world champ without having a reliable knockout punch. Why? He jabbed people to death and scored points doing so. He wasn't entertaining to watch, but he had a solid strategy. Same here. Machida had some good hits, but Rua worked the match whether it was flashy or not. Maybe if Dana said you had to clearly dominate the champion, I'd understand and would actually agree. But why would you need judges or a point system? The thing is that I think Rua had enough points most rounds to be declared a winner, but the UFC changed the rules to suit the outcome instead of the outcome suiting the rules. I mean, I'm not a big shogun fan, but I think he should be the champ right now.

Inquisitus

Don Juan
Reaction score
women haze said:

Bulshyte, Machida was taken off his game by the leg kicks. He mounted a weak counter attack that did not hurt or endanger Shogun at any point in the fight.

Machida, on the other hand, was in danger of going down to leg kicks. His ribs were busted up, both his legs were bruised, and even his lips were cut. In addition, Machida ran while as he was attacked. It was Ok in previous fights because he was always able to counter or attack. This time, he couldn't land a good strike on Shogun, specially in the later rounds.

Shogun had some red ribs but that was it. On damage alone, Shogun should've won. Frankly, Shogun controlled the striking. He threw tit for tat and landed the harder, more damaging strikes.

Da Realist said:
but the UFC changed the rules to suit the outcome instead of the outcome suiting the rules.
Oh, the judges & referees for all UFC & sanctioned MMA events are provided by the Athletic comission, in this case the CSAC. They're not UFC employees.

Besides, Dana would've been happy for Shogun to face Anderson Silva in a future title fight.

EDIT: Dana also said he had Shogun as the winner.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Inquisitus said:
Oh, the judges & referees for all UFC & sanctioned MMA events are provided by the Athletic comission, in this case the CSAC. They're not UFC employees.

Besides, Dana would've been happy for Shogun to face Anderson Silva in a future title fight.

EDIT: Dana also said he had Shogun as the winner.
But imagine the money Dana could make by getting Machida and Silva to fight. Friends turned rivals and all that junk would make people tune in just to see what would happen.

Oh yeah, there are things called bribes.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Athletic Commission is corrupting MMA just like they were in boxing. They protect marketed fighters like Machida and Bisping and give bullsh1t decisions in order to toe the bottom line which is money.