Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Shoes are soooooo important" She says...

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the big deal on shoes? I am talking to this girl I work with yesterday and we are watching TV and some fashion thing comes on the news and it shows all these different guys with designer clothes and SHOES on. These guys are definately not great looking, average at best but this girl I am hanging out with tells me they are hot BECAUSE they are wearing nice shoes. She'd talk to them just because of the shoes they are wearing (if they were wearing sneakers she wouldnt).

She goes on to tell me how she loves going to Montreal because all the guys there wear "$200 pair of shoes, at the minumum" and they are all hot because of it. This girl is NOT a gold-digger by the way. She tells me her best friend (who is hot) feels the same way. So I ask another girl I work with (HOT) if shoes make a difference and she says "hell yes they do."

I didnt ask what shoes we are talking about here but apparently they are designer shoes and I know nothing about them. Now, I am inherriting a few pairs of alligator shoes from a millionaire distant relative of mine that passed away recently. Actually I'm getting pretty much his whole wardrobe because I'm the only guy in the family his size (no i'm not big, I'm 6'1 170lbs). So these are gonna be some sweet ($$$$) shoes but it's not like I'll ever have an occasion to wear alligator shoes. I cant wear them to a bar or club can I? lol. He wore them to all those rich-people balls and meetings I assume.

So what do you guys think of this whole shoe ordeal and what is a good web-page to check out some of these designer shoes these women are getting wet over?

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women are crazy..im not about to drop $200 on shoes to impress a bimbo

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
women are crazy..
I agree. But apparently having nice shoes gives some guys the edge. I mean I work out very frequently to have a nice body and I sure as hell dont do it solely for myself. So what is the difference really?

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOmen are big on shoes..I dunno why ..I suppose its a sexual turn on for them for some reason..especially buying themselves shoes..

maybe their erotic shoe fetishes..pass on to guys? who knows..Ive never worn anything more than $125 (shoes) and Ive never had women comment on my shoes..but I will wear a $10 shirt..and get positive feedback

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drex
What is the big deal on shoes? I am talking to this girl I work with yesterday...
You didn't grill her? You missed a perfect opportunity man! (Not an opportunity with those girls, but an opportunity to LEARN.)

You should have said:

"OH! You think those guys are hot just because they have nice shoes?! What if you hooked up with one of them and seen him barefoot? Would you dump him? Do you make your boyfriends keep thier shoes on when you have sex? Kinky!"

"Would I be hot if I had on nice shoes? What if I were to go buy $500 shoes? Would you f*ck me? Would you be mad when I left to return my shoes to the store after we did it?"

"If a girl had on a pair of expensive guy shoes, would you be attracted to her? Are you attracted to shoes in general? Do you get hot when you see the leather glistening? Does the smell of the foot arouse you?"

etc., etc., etc....

By asking them these constant questions, continuously prying at thier thoughts, maybe you could have found out something? Maybe shoes aren't the issue, maybe there is something more important?

Never NOT question a statement made by a woman, for many of them, you need to do the thinking FOR them.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't think of many situations in which it's appropriate to wear alligator shoes, unless you're also wearing a pink fur coat, a boa, a feather with a hat in it, and carrying a pimp stick. Go to a club dressed to the nines, and wearing $50 sketchers. You're lucky if they let you stand in line. In Miami Beach, bouncers are trained to look at your shoes. Based on the cost of your shoes, they decide whether to let you in or not. Clubs exist to make money, and $450 Prada shoes mean that you have money to burn. Shoes make or break the outfit.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true...women dig a guy with nice shoes. Many of you fellas feel that this is a stupid point. But, its just like any other area in your life that you will be judged with. Being overweight, having a bad hair cut, having bad personal hygiene...it all reflects your character.

Having a nice, clean pair of shoes that aren't scuffed up, have been stepped on, have holes in them, or are brown when the original color was white shows that you have a little class.

Having a specific type of shoe can also give you a sense of style without talking. I own 2 pairs of Air Force 1's, 2 pairs of Retro Jordans (10 and 13), and a pair of new Jumpman Trunners. I always get complimented at the mall, work, or when I'm out when I wear nice shoes.

BTW, I'm not all HIP HOP, BLING BLING, HOLLA ATCHA BOY. I wear the dress casual Kenneth Coles, Diesels, Steve Maddens, and other dress shoes when appropriate.

Whatever your style, keep em clean and unscuffed. If you think this is retarded, then think of an ultra hot woman wearing cheap perfume...the stentch may make you think twice about approaching regardless of how hot the woman is....I think you catch my drift.

HeyPretty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some chicks are shallow. Ignore, move on.

When you're in bed, it's not you're gonna look at the guy's feet and go "Oh, christ. Where'd those hot shoes go? I'm all dry now."

You can't shag comfortably with shoes on.

If you can, you're a hooker.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol @ icepick. I need to think like that more often, funny stuff.

Hypnotiq: good info, though I would not consider buying as many designer shoes as you have listed I think I might search for a reasonably priced nice pair of shoes that I could wear casually with a pair of jeans but also to a nice club. Any suggestions are welcome!

spanky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women just like shoes. That's just how it is. Approach a woman and check to see how long it takes for her eyes to wonder to your Mike and Ike's. Usually within the first minute.

Anyway, wearing nice shoes makes me feel good so I like to wear them. Having broads admire them is an added bonus.

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by -HPNOTIQ-

Whatever your style, keep em clean and unscuffed.

So true, I totally agree.

hey, haha, you know how it is, some guys need shoes to "carry" the man.

I...

I float :D

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an analogy that might help you understand why women love shoes so much.

Do any of you guys like cars? Ever seen a nice sports car, like the new Subaru WRX STI? Now how would you feel about that car with a set of 15 inch wheels with cheap plastic hubcaps?

How would you feel about the same car if it had 20inch gunmetal rims with nice low profile tires?

Get the picture?

Jake

murid

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's pretty much a universal in most Western cultures that women dig shoes. Let us deal with it, grow up, and move on.

Men shine their shores, boys do not. This is something that got lost in the overall cultural shift during the last couple of decades, just like cuff links, all of the little things that used to define a MAN in the West. This shift in which men became lads or boys or effite pansies.

Well shined shoes scream "quality". Why ? Maintenance, its just like exercising, or brushing your teeth, decent, good, well shined shoes states that a man carries himself well. Not bling bling, but decent shoes that cost more than $70.00 cared for well say a lot. Particularly if you are young. I can't count the number of compliments I've gotten over the years because of my shoes. I never pay more than $120.00 for shoes, but I take care of them well. Chicks dig it, really, but I don't do it for them, I do it for me. Why?

Principle. Maintenance, that's what manhood's about in my book, you have to maintain.

Reaction score
You didn't listen to the lessons your mom told you. "Always buy nice shoes" Shoes show how successful you are in life. They take you on that path to success.

Plus women are trained to look at a man's shoes for this sign. It's a lesson I learned the hard way.

One time a few years ago. I had this old pair of favorite shoes that I like to dance in. I met these two HB's.. whom I later hooked up with (both for dinner, this was back when I was just a player). They both told me they almost didn't go out with me cause of my shoes....I later dated the tall blond one cause her objections to my old fav's were not as strong as the other ones.

But lesson learned. I went out the next day and started buying nice shoes, which I found to be better to dance in anyways. Now adays I never wear tennis shoe's out.

Bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: "Shoes are soooooo important" She says...

Originally posted by icepick
You didn't grill her? You missed a perfect opportunity man! (Not an opportunity with those girls, but an opportunity to LEARN.)

You should have said:

"OH! You think those guys are hot just because they have nice shoes?! What if you hooked up with one of them and seen him barefoot? Would you dump him? Do you make your boyfriends keep thier shoes on when you have sex? Kinky!"

"Would I be hot if I had on nice shoes? What if I were to go buy $500 shoes? Would you f*ck me? Would you be mad when I left to return my shoes to the store after we did it?"

"If a girl had on a pair of expensive guy shoes, would you be attracted to her? Are you attracted to shoes in general? Do you get hot when you see the leather glistening? Does the smell of the foot arouse you?"

etc., etc., etc....

By asking them these constant questions, continuously prying at thier thoughts, maybe you could have found out something? Maybe shoes aren't the issue, maybe there is something more important?

Never NOT question a statement made by a woman, for many of them, you need to do the thinking FOR them.
lol icepick... funny sh*t indeed. Thanks for reminding how much women don't make sense at all sometimes (or is it most of the time? :D )
Respect.

numlock

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shoes make or break an outfit

You don't need to spend $200 on a nice pair of shoes. Many excellent-quality, modern, upscale pairs of shoes can be had for less than $100

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NEWSFLASH: women are shallow. They judge you based on the shoes you are wearing. Good clothes/shoes will get you laid frequently. I found a pair of knock offs at Burlington, I got them on sale for 30 bucks everyone I know thinks I paid 150+ for them. Learn how to shop and find bargains. If you wanna get laid fequently give them what they are looking for: nice looking shoes.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
After getting snapped awhile back by an HB9 for my less-than-optimal footwear, I have to agree about the woman/shoe connection.

I have a theory on this. Women love to accessorize, whether it's jewelry, handbags, shoes, or hats. These days, women are traveling lighter -- hangbags have gotten smaller and hairstyles have replaced hats.

Hats were a big deal for women until WWII. But they started to disappear in the Sixities to the point where most women no longer wear them. That left a gaping void in terms of an accessory to fret over and shop for (the key word here is "shop"). Style hates a vacuum and shoes jumped in as the female fixation replacement for hats.

That said, and after my misstep with poor footwear on a date, I have at least two pairs of nice shoes in my closet.

suavedave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update on JGIRLTease

Well, I saw this chick today and guess what...

Started off well, and just fluffed for a while. But my guess was right. Goldigger. Or so I thought -- after we chatted I kind of got a weird reaction and she looked down at my shoes, up at me, and then left.

Shoes!

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never look at a guy's shoes. I would never base my opinion on him by his shoes... unless he was wearing like white sport socks with sandals in a bar or maybe black dress socks with sneakers... but it wouldn't matter what kind of sandals or sneakers he was wearing. This thread completely blew my mind. I only know girls who care about their own shoes.