Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shezz's Health and Fitness Journal

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'Ere we go.

1. There's no foods that DIRECTLY burn fat persay, but increasing your metabolism through a high protein diet and plenty of green/white tea means you'll be burning more calories and indirectly burning fat through metabolic rate.

In addition, keep your carbs low GI (oats, wholemeal bread, oats, brown rice, oats, wholemeal pasta, oats), restrict the number of simple sugars in your diet and avoid improper food combinations which could lead to adipose deposition, e.g. processed food, junk food etc. I'm not saying cut these out because if I do you'll feel as if you're abstaining and as a result crave them more.

2. Cardio is for fitness and bodyfat control, your sessions should NOT leave you exhausted. Save training to failure and beyond for the weights.

3. Pushups and situps are only a warmup to heavier exercises so no, unless you're some sort of army buff, do not do these to the point of muscle ache (if at all).

Your diet is bad, not enough meals, hardly any protein, and not enough EFAs - you're spot on with the water intake though.

I'd also advise you to take one complete day off per week, preferably a day you're not working.. let your body recharge and recover fully.

And you really have to ask yourself this, you're doing fairly intense cardio (football) 5 nights a week, is jogging really necessary at all? Seems to me like it's your diet which is making/keeping you fat. I'll bet that once you eat properly the football'll lean you down a treat.

My recommendation is to drop the jogging and start eating better. See where you are in 3 months time and make modifications as needed.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are 6'3 (190 cm), 170 lbs (77 kg or so) and want to cut up?!?! to a fùckin 155 or so?!?! man, i weigh 11 stones and i'm just 175 cm (6 inches less than you)... i look better than average and my shoulders are broad... plus i have extremely skinny legs...

you would have a body slightly above average at 185, why do you want to cut up, if you're 170?

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to have a belly sticking out when i weighed 130 lbs a year ago. i don't know why, but it went away when i reached 145 lbs, even though my bodyfat went from 8% to 11%... just to let you know that it's unlikely that your gut is due to fat

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you drinking a lot btw?

Cos if you are, that could be causing your gut as much as your poor diet is.

And you probably need to give more detail on the football that you're playing before anyone can say how much cardio you need to do - e.g. out those 5 sessions a week, how many of those are 90 minute matches?
And whats the nature and intensity of your other sessions - ie. is it serious training or just knocking about, and do you play in goal for all of them?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More food in general, possibly more meals.. and you'll need more than just one Cod Liver Oil pill to get the dose mate.

Count your protein grams, they should be at least 1.5g per lb bodyweight. You should include more fat in your diet, much more fat, especially if you're after bodyfat reduction and muscle gain.

Some sort of structure to your routine would be advisable, or at least note your weights and try to beat them each time.

A bit more organisation, basically, I can't fault your enthusiasm though. :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, to build muscle you need a calorific excess.. getting these extra calories from fat rather than carbs means there's less chance of fattening up thanks to the way insulin works. Plus, fat is an energy source for the body - if you give the body a steady source of energy from fat it'll consider fat an energy source like glycogen and be inclined to burn bodyfat more readily instead of holding onto it. Because of lower carbs (but not low enough not to function properly) glycogen will be pushed first into the muscles where they're needed most and less likely to go into adipose.

High protein, high fat diets preserve and build lean tissue; high carb diets tend to increase bodyfat as well.

You need 5-6g of fish oil a day for optimum benefits. I guess your caps are 1000mg (1g) right? Then take six a day and screw what it says, lol. If you want to lean out you could up the dose even more.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe you need 1-2g of omega3s daily (I could be wrong but I doubt it's less than 1g) - your capsules have about 120mg each.

Try an increase dose and see how you like it.. I've taken as much as 10g omega3s and had no ill effects from it.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Olive oil, flax oil, fish oil, nuts, nut butters, avocadoes, egg yolks.. some saturated fat is also necessary, you get this in red meat, cheese, etc.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's a shame that tuna is only available in sunflower oil......cant somebody of the H+F start a new business which sells them in healthy fats?:p

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double
it's a shame that tuna is only available in sunflower oil......cant somebody of the H+F start a new business which sells them in healthy fats?:p
Who says sunflower oil is unhealthy!? I drink the stuff!

And most big supermarkets do tuna in water, brine, olive oil, sunflower oil .. look out for John West or Princes as brandnames too, they do a whole range of canned tuna (and other fish).

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Who says sunflower oil is unhealthy!? I drink the stuff!

And most big supermarkets do tuna in water, brine, olive oil, sunflower oil .. look out for John West or Princes as brandnames too, they do a whole range of canned tuna (and other fish).
unfortunately the supermarkets over here dont have those brands. i've only seen sunflower and in water so far.

sunflower oil ain't unhealthy...but a bad ratio omega3 : omega6 IS unhealthy. and in todays diet the ratio is very bad anyway.....and sunflower oil only makes it worse.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double
unfortunately the supermarkets over here dont have those brands. i've only seen sunflower and in water so far.

sunflower oil ain't unhealthy...but a bad ratio omega3 : omega6 IS unhealthy. and in todays diet the ratio is very bad anyway.....and sunflower oil only makes it worse.
You should be supplementing with some form of omega3s anyway. Sunflower oil is a source of poly's and calories, not EFAs.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
You should be supplementing with some form of omega3s anyway. Sunflower oil is a source of poly's and calories, not EFAs.
poly unsatured fat acids are omega3 , omega6 and omega9(or is it 12?). so two of the poly's ARE EFA's. the problem is that it's about the RATIO of omega3 : omega6....it's not like you take 2g fishoil and then eat 100g omega6 and then you are fine of.....the ratio would be 1:50.....again it's NOT about the TOTAL amount of omega3 you eat, it's about the RATIO compared to omega6. but if you guys dont wanna believe it then fine, the world doesnt collapse because of some bad ratio of EFA's, but i have done my research on the topic.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omega 3 and 6 are EFA while Omega 9 is not an essential fatty acid since we have the correct enzymes to create it. I remember you raving on about the ratio about a year ago double and I looked it up and agreed. For the interested (can you spell flaxseed? ;):

"
These two types of fat, omega-3 and omega-6, are both essential for human health. However, the typical American consumes far too many omega-6 fats in their diet while consuming very low levels of omega-3. The ideal ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fats is 1:1. Our ancestors evolved over millions of years on this ratio. Today, though, our ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 averages from 20:1 to 50:1! That spells serious danger for you, and as is now (finally!) being reported throughout even the mainstream health media, lack of omega-3 from fish oil is one of the most serious health issues plaguing contemporary society.

The primary sources of omega-6 are corn, soy, canola, safflower and sunflower oil; these oils are overabundant in the typical diet, which explains our excess omega-6 levels. Avoid or limit these oils. Omega-3, meanwhile, is typically found in flaxseed oil, walnut oil, and fish.

By far, the best type of omega-3 fats are those found in that last category, fish. That's because the omega-3 in fish is high in two fatty acids crucial to human health, DHA and EPA. These two fatty acids are pivotal in preventing heart disease, cancer, and many other diseases. The human brain is also highly dependent on DHA - low DHA levels have been linked to depression, schizophrenia, memory loss, and a higher risk of developing Alzheimer's. Researchers are now also linking inadequate intake of these omega-3 fats in pregnant women to premature birth and low birth weight, and to hyperactivity in children.
"
----

Shezz, your journal is looking good. I'd suggest to keep away from the machines though and keep mostly to the free weights. I am sure a normal bench press will build you up better than a pec-deck will.

Looking forward to see your progress during this year even though I think 12 stones usually looks better on such a tall person as you and once you start at the gym there is noone who says "I am big enough" =)

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol lifeforce i can remember me raving on this issue too good old raging hardcore times =D

i guess my mom didnt take those fishoil caps back then.....and now she has to pay for it =)