Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shedding my AFC ways - my confession

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to post this because I feel like I took a big step last night of leaving my AFC ways behind me.

My ex-wife moved out in June of this year and our divorce was final in September. About 4 to 6 weeks before she moved out I started sleeping with a 24 y/o (she will be known as M from now on). I continued seeing M throughout the summer and she was the only woman I was interested in. I knew I was limiting myself but the sex was incredible and I was content with the situation.

I work in Springfield, MO but live in a town about 10 miles south. M also works in Springfield but her financial situation is such that she cannot afford an apartment. She was practically living with me (huge mistake I know) for about 3 months. Her only other place of residence would be her parents who live nearly an hour away. Since she's spent 5 to 6 nights a week with me she's had quite a few of her things in my house.

The last 6 weeks I've really wanted to start dating other women and I've done just that. As I've done so I realize I was hanging on to M out of fear.

Spinning plates is the answer. As other opportunities became available my desire/need for M dropped dramatically.

The last few weeks I've talked to M and told her she could not stay at my house as often. Her things in my house presented a huge problem for me though. Last night we talked again and I told her that she and I never got much of a chance to "date". I told M I still want to see her (and I do, the sex is incredible and she is freaky as hell) but we went from hiding our relationship to almost living together. I've felt suffocated and the desire for space.

Last night I told her that I still wanted to see her and stay over a couple of nights a week but I needed her to remove all of her items from my house. I allowed the situation to continue out of fear. I've wanted her to be a plate and not a fixture in my house.

I've grown over the last few months and I've realized how important it is to spin plates. My fear over losing M almost ceased once I went out with another girl.

I'm posting this because I feel the need to "confess". I was an AFC while I was married and I continued that by allowing M to stay with me for so long. I would never have come to these decisions or realizations without the help of the people on this board. Reading about other people's situations and giving some advice on a helpful direction is rather easy for me, but when I am analyzing my own situation I let emotions get in the way too often. Spinning plates makes it easier to form an objective opinion rather than let your heart get in the way.

I am very thankful for all the help I've received and for time that some of you take to post quality material.

I have never felt better about my life or myself. I'm more confident than I've ever been. My journey is far from complete and I am going to challenge myself daily to face my fears.

The worst part - I'm furious that I'm 34 years old and coming to these realizations.

Thanks for reading.

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Went out last night man - getting my feet wet. I did go after the sexiest girl in the bar - maybe not the best looking, but my wing and I agreed the way she wore her dress was just HOT!

It was a great opportunity but my timing was a bit off and the situation ended up ugly - My wing and I noticed her and then a couple minutes later she had 3 guys practically pushing themselves on her. She kept backing up and her body language was not positive with any of them. I almost walked up to her right then to whisper in her ear. Apparently she had a BF there and he took issue with her talking to them. He berated her in front of everyone.

She walked outside and he followed. I walked out to go to my Jeep and listen to what was going on. He turned and went back inside. Soon as he did I walked right toward her and said "You look incredible tonight, that green in that dress is amazing on you" - she had watery eyes and looked right at me and was smiling, we exchanged a few more comments. I gave her a half hug and said "What's your name?" She said "Amy" and I put my hand out and said "nice to meet you Amy, let me get your number so I can talk to you again" She said "I want to but he's coming soon" - she was visibly scared and at that he walked out the door and I walked back inside. The guy was pissed - who knows what it could have turned in to - he looked like it could be go time at any second - she was f'ing sexy, so much that I had to try, I didn't care if it went up in flames, it was worth a shot. He pushed her in the car and they left.

Another little hottie I flirted with and got a pic with - this girl was beautiful. I think she was with someone so I didn't push it, but probably should have.

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I've asked for a Flip for Xmas - I think it can open up doors in different ways than just a camera. I'm anxious to see some of your FRs with 1 of those, should be great!

Confirmed - I'm getting a Flip for Xmas - bahahahaha!! Can't wait to try out that bad boy!

Last edited:

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
puma183 said:
Great job Rounder! Let your story be an inspiration to us all.
Thanks man.

M texted me today - I talked to her briefly yesterday and haven't seen her all weekend. She is upset and taking this kinda rough. I used this opportunity to say this is exactly what I can't have. I can't have the pressure or responsibility of a relationship.

I told her I still want to see her, but it can only be a couple of nights a week. She is the best sex I've ever had...not ready to give that up yet. In my eyes she's basically a FB but she doesn't realize that yet.

Had date #3 with another girl last night - went to eat and then brought her to my house. Things went well. She mentioned again that she wonders if I'm a player - she said she thinks I have a manual or something because I say all the right things at the right time etc, haha!