Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She says I'm overconfident for her

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This girl I was texting with with light playful banter as I always do and usually get a good reaction responds with:

"You're a little overconfident for me"

At this point I could care less as seeing she's not for me so I have some fun with it:

Me: Sorry. I know you wish you could control me a little :-/ its cool. Plenty guys out there for that! :)

Her: No..just don't like guys who are rude and obnoxious. There's a lot to be said for chivalry

Me: Hey don't attack me because you lack a sense of humor ;)

Her: I don't lack one..mine's just evolved past 4th grade

Me: That's so cute you tried to insult me. You're waaayy too overconfident for me I think. Lets be best friends :)

I know most of you will say I should have just responded "K" or just went NC but I legit don't care what this girl thinks of me with her stilted unattractive personality.

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't say anything insulting or rude. Just simple playful banter. Didn't make sexual references or anything.

She had mentioned she was dating someone after I texted asking if I just saw her leaving CVS (girl looked just like her) she replied no but wanted to let me know she has been "sort of dating someone" so I replied "to help you get over how cute and charming you thought I was? Well that's good ;)"

Then the overconfidence statement was said.

With 98% of any other girl that I communicate with like this they just get into the fun and respond back with something just as playful like "yes you were just too cute and I had to accept you don't want me :("

ronniel

Don Juan
Reaction score
You came off as insecure. ****y and funny is good at the beginning of an interaction.
Then, you should build some rapport.
Lesson for next time.

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ronniel said:
You came off as insecure. ****y and funny is good at the beginning of an interaction.
Then, you should build some rapport.
Lesson for next time.

Rapport was built when we were talking at first. We stopped talking for a couple months until today. It was basically a dead end with her and I didn't care. Was just having fun, entertaining myself mostly. She seemed too uptight and its part of the reason things fizzled out originally.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you kind of went douchetastic there.....and she got you pretty good. I think I'd leave this one alone and learn your lesson.

ronniel

Don Juan
Reaction score
after a couple of months rapport was lost. it's basically a clean state.
you overplayed this

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to win her over, or to turn the situation around.

Again entertaining myself. Could care less what she thinks or how I came across.

PlayHer Man

Banned
Reaction score
I like the way you handled it tryst type. :up:

Funny how she went from calling you "over confident" to flat out insulting and shaming you. In all relationships.. the woman will try to gradually gain power by lowering the man's self-esteem.

A man who is too confident is intimidating. She was trying to cut you down to size via head games. All women do it. ALL.

What's awesome about being a DJ / Alpha is recognizing it when you see it and not letting it affect you or throw you off balance.

Nice job.

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PlayHer Man said:
I like the way you handled it tryst type. :up:

Funny how she went from calling you "over confident" to flat out insulting and shaming you. In all relationships.. the woman will try to gradually gain power by lowering the man's self-esteem.

A man who is too confident is intimidating. She was trying to cut you down to size via head games. All women do it. ALL.

What's awesome about being a DJ / Alpha is recognizing it when you see it and not letting it affect you or throw you off balance.

Nice job.
Thank you!

And that's exactly what I sensed and responded accordingly and for my entertainment which is how I am from day one with all my interactions with women.

I knew she was trying to gain power, I recognized it. Been there before. She was mad that it didn't phase me :)

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of girls go right to Kill Mode at the very first sign of you not being a complimenting AFC orbiter. They hate the fact that you are not an ass kisser and look to call you names to try to knock you into saying 'sorry' and to resume kissing their ass twice as hard. They become very frustrated when you don't. Angry. Evil, even. Call it Anti-Game if you will. These girls will settle for nothing but a beta, chump-diggity AFC to feed them attention and ego pumps.

She seems like one of those and I like that you fücked with her. Hath she been a cool chic from the get-go you would of not needed to resort to these shenanigans.

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
A lot of girls go right to Kill Mode at the very first sign of you not being a complimenting AFC orbiter. They hate the fact that you are not an ass kisser.
I've noticed, are these girls trying to gain control or just like afc guys?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. if you didn't care what she thought you wouldn't be posting this on this forum don't kid yourself.

2. you came off as trying way too hard. ronniel is correct.

3. if that is the way you normally act, then you don't have any game. what you have is a tool that you are overusing. if this is how you entertainyourself, frankly you suck.

look, think of game like a toolbox. there are some times when you need to use a hammer. there are sometimes you need to use a socket wrench, there are sometimes when you need to use a screwdriver, there are sometimes you need to use some wireplyers. Game is a set of tools, not A tool. and having game is the ability to know when to use what.

what you are saying is "i don't give a **** if the there is a nail hanging out the wall, if the board is 5 inches thick, or whatever, I"m going to use my hammer to do everything and if the the hammer doesn't work, than the board just sucks at life" j

Kent Syndrome

I call this Kent Syndrome because this reminds me of my old business partner, whose name is Kent. Watching him with women was like watching a bad train-wreck in very slow motion. He had a very strong personality. I liked that above him. He was a Type A guy. I liked that about him. But he tried way too hard with women and he always came off as creepy and obnoxious. He didn't know how to do sutble things like change the tone of your voice when you crack a joke as to hint that you aren't serious. moreso than anything he thought he was god's gift to mankind and could not resist talking about himself around women and women, all of them, despise that, regardless of who you are. they don't give a ****.

You don't have to talk about confidence, confidence is a by product of action. anytime you try to show confince in the form of words it will end bad.

let me give you an example last night i took this chick named amanda out for dinner. (yes my wife is that pimp where she let me take another chick out for dinner, it was for the girl's 1 year soberity anny). i thought it would be nice, i know she doesn't have a lot of money and she's going through some **** i figured i'd be nice. anyway , went up to here and i didn't ask her anything. i said hey after the meeting we are going out to eat. she said okay sounds good lol.

that's confidence. i KNEW she would say okay. even though i wasn't trying to **** her or anything (And make no mistake i could, she tried everythign short of blowing me to get me to stick around longer). I didn't have to ask her did she have plans, I assumed that she was waiting for me to ask hdr to go out to eat. i assume every girl i met wants to **** me. rightfully or wrongfully. and it shows in my actions, i don't have to say ****. i don't have to be ****y, i'm confident.

and when we were out i don't think i said 5 words about myself. i wanted to know how she was doing and how she was holding up and ****.

and to playermans point, here is the deal. you are making excuses for why you aren't getting laid. the girl i took out, i'm ont interested in her. she's got 2 kids, she's got a baby daddy in prison that reeks to me of someone with bad decision making skills. all on top of that i'm very very happily married. but i gurnatee you if i CHOSE to, i could **** her.

posters like warrior, myself, samspade, desi, we decide who we are going to **** and who we aren't 9 out of 10 times. we don't make excuses for not ****ing. if she's interested enough to go on a date with me, i' going to **** her eventually, more times than not. and if i don't **** her, it's because i deemed she's not worth ****ing.

that's game. this girl could have been ****ed and you blew it. and that's the bottom line. because you don't have game. you have a hammer. the reason i'm being somewhat harsh is because you need to be more introspective. the girl gave you a pretty ****ing imoprtant bit of info and instead of using it to your advantage to bed hb+s from here on out you are more concerned about procting your ego by saying she is the problem

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted it because I knew she was trying to gain control. She's one of like 3% of girls who react like this to my personality. The rest almost always respond well and engage me.

I've noticed they either can't handle it and don't like how that makes them feel so they try to turn it around or they want someone who's going to kiss their ass all the time.

I've been with girls who love it and see it as a challenge and its on, and the second I stop they lose interest. But this I see way more from quality, mature, secure women than the ones that only view me as "overconfident"

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tryst ... don't get defensive, and please try to take the criticism in a positive way.

Backbreaker and ronniel is right, your exchange sounds amateurish and insecure.

And for god's sake get rid of those smileys. What are they? Are they supposed to "soften" your tone?

Why are you putting them at the end of every statement you make like a little girl trying to be cute to daddy? ( This isn't personal , it just doesn't look right)

You were neither funny nor ****y in this particular exchange ( I am sure you have many other successful exchanges) , probably overdoing something ...

Try to figure that out whatever that may be , and tone it down for the next exchange.

Best of luck,

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tryst type said:
This girl I was texting with with light playful banter as I always do and usually get a good reaction responds with:

"You're a little overconfident for me"

At this point I could care less as seeing she's not for me so I have some fun with it:

Me: Sorry. I know you wish you could control me a little :-/ its cool. Plenty guys out there for that! :)

Her: No..just don't like guys who are rude and obnoxious. There's a lot to be said for chivalry

Me: Hey don't attack me because you lack a sense of humor ;)

Her: I don't lack one..mine's just evolved past 4th grade

Me: That's so cute you tried to insult me. You're waaayy too overconfident for me I think. Lets be best friends :)
I don't post in this forum, as I'm only 17(I just read since i can't really offer anything), but they way you handled this was just inspirational. :rolleyes:

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boilermaker said:
And for god's sake get rid of those smileys. What are they? Are they supposed to "soften" your tone?

Why are you putting them at the end of every statement you make like a little girl trying to be cute to daddy? ( This isn't personal , it just doesn't look right)
I use smileys to showcase (or try to) my playful/carefree approach. Without them what I said and do say would come across as WAY more offensive/angry.

Haven't you had a woman text you something that was meant to be playful but you misinterpreted it because of a simple lack of an emoticon?

The rules of "using emoticons makes you look like a whimp" do not apply in the texting realm unless you're saying something like "you're so wonderful I can't wait till we see each other again, you make me feel alive :)"

But to each their own I suppose.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally think there must be more subtle methods of eliciting sarcasm than simply using smileys.

A more serious tone, but a carefree backdrop ...

For instance:

Her:"You're a little overconfident for me"
You:" I know, right? I was thinking you are a little too judgmental for me."

Not saying, this would have saved the situation because I think this exchange was already brain-dead, but at least you have agreed and amplified without
looking like you're trying so hard.

Needless to add, this is my personal opinion/flavor ...