she asks 'what do you do?' but I am unemployed

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I met this girl the other day and we have had a text exchange, that goes something along the lines of:

me: 'hey plumbum, I had a gtreat time with you at ......the other night, it would be nice to see you again, by the way, what sort of animal do you think would make a better pet, a turtle or a duck?

her: (about an hour later) I would go for the turtle, as I am scared of things with wings!

I decide to wait an hour for my reply back to her...

She texts me again 20 mins later

her: 'I had fun too, we should meet up x'

Im thinking great, its on!

I reply about 20 mins later: 'Ha, I was leaning towards a turtle actually! We should definitely meet up!Do you like red or white wine?'

THEN SHE WAITS TILL 11.30 THE NEXT DAY TO TEXT ME THIS

her: 'are you at work today? what do you do?'

The thing is, I am not working at the moment, so I don't know how to reply. What should I say?

Also, on the night we met we made out a lot, but right at the end she said that she was MARRIED (she is young, early 20's) and that she couldnt come home with me, but that I should take her number. It seems she is interested in me, and I'm definitely interested in her. Before anybody gives me a guilt trip about married girls, I would like to refer you to what we know about women and how they will cheat if they get a mind to, and if not with me, she'll probably cheat with somebody else.

I am wondering if she is asking this because perhaps she will invite me round while her husband is at work?

Anyway, I havn't decided what to do yet, and whether I will take this any further or not, but it is interesting me. I am thinking of saying that I work from home on the net or something, to keep my options open.

What do you guys think?

dark god

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
first off if shes cheating on hubby what the flying fvck difference what u do for a living should matter? I would remind her of that. Let me see if i got this straight: she wants to qualify her side piece? ppffftt. fvck it keep it simple tell her ur self employed. This broad doesnt have the right to interrogate u like that if shes looking to fvck around on the side.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, it's kind of a shame the consensus here is that you have to lie about being unemployed. The way the economy is right now it should be no surprise if someone is unemployed. But yeah, it's not likely to impress girls.

This broad doesnt have the right to interrogate u like that
I don't think this is an interrogation. It's just one of those "getting to know you" questions that everybody asks, probably sooner rather than later. I'm surprised it didn't come up earlier. In fact, it's probably the first thing people will ask you: "What do you do for a living?".

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Lol, it's kind of a shame the consensus here is that you have to lie about being unemployed. The way the economy is right now it should be no surprise if someone is unemployed. But yeah, it's not likely to impress girls.

I don't think this is an interrogation. It's just one of those "getting to know you" questions that everybody asks, probably sooner rather than later. I'm surprised it didn't come up earlier. In fact, it's probably the first thing people will ask you: "What do you do for a living?".
Very true as I get asked this all the time. I just ell them that I'm still employed with my previous company.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tell her you do anything you want to tell her as long as it is not too much of a lie. also dont get involved with a married woman more than a few times of sex. it can get really complicated and is not worth it.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you kidding me??????? you guys wait 2-3 hrs to reply to each other text msgs... that is sick sick sick sick...this relationship is not going anywhere. She already doesnt respect you..

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you've already made it up in your mind to fool around with a married woman, so why not just lie? It's only one more thing. Be warned though: sounds like she wants to line up her next man and you're in her sights.

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Prodigy746 said:
Are you kidding me??????? you guys wait 2-3 hrs to reply to each other text msgs... that is sick sick sick sick...this relationship is not going anywhere. She already doesnt respect you..
who cares about whether or not the b1tch respects him, its not like he wants a relationship with her. All he wants is some married pu55y and he's out.:cool:

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prodigy746 said:
That has nothing to do with lack of respect in my book. I have a lot of female friends, and from what I've heard of them, it's part of the SMS etiquette. Just like we shouldn't respond directly to their messages when we receive them(because it makes us come off desperate), they have the same: They don't want to come off needy.

It's a normal part of flirting.

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Da Realist said:
Dude, you've already made it up in your mind to fool around with a married woman, so why not just lie? It's only one more thing. Be warned though: sounds like she wants to line up her next man and you're in her sights.
Yes, this is what I too was initially afraid of, but then I started thinking, if she is married then she will not be able to get out during the evening and stay over because her old man will realise something is up! So I think it is highly likely that she was sniffing around to see if I could meet her during the day, her message was 'Are you at work today...what do you do?' SHE WANTS TO KNOW IF IM FREE TO PARTY DURING THE DAY.

This theory was kind of confirmed when I asked her to meet tomorrow and she said she could only meet me daytime, not evening. Hence I think she may be down for a daytime fvck.

SandHawk said:
That has nothing to do with lack of respect in my book. I have a lot of female friends, and from what I've heard of them, it's part of the SMS etiquette. Just like we shouldn't respond directly to their messages when we receive them(because it makes us come off desperate), they have the same: They don't want to come off needy.

It's a normal part of flirting.
Very true Sandhawk, this is how I see this too. I don't think it is a lack of respect, most girls I have known are like this - its a gamey little thing that they do to show that they are 'busy' and that they are not sitting around just waiting for us to text - remember, girls have been reading cosmo for a lot longer than we have been reading about game. I just ensure to text back around about the same amount of time that she leaves...occasionally sending a fast one just so she don't realise what i'm doing.

Thanks for the replies guys. Also, yes 'thedude', I will definitely be hitting this a handful of times and then I will most definitely be out..

Cheers!

Oh, by the way, I ended up telling her I have my own business and that I work at home so I have flexible hours!! She then asked what business it was, but I said she was being nosey and that I'd tell her in the flesh when we meet. I will say I work online, probably web design, or advertising or something, I'll say I'm just starting it up and don't want to talk about it in accordance with a rule of successful business that I read in a book. HA HA! If she keeps prying i'll just ****ey and funny the hell out of her!!!!!

Mr.Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, when I met her we made out heavily in the club and afterwards, do you think I should go for the full on kiss as soon as I meet up with her like with a girlfriend?

Also, I have arranged to meet her in my local area, how do you guys think the best way to approach 'comming back to mine' would be? Come back for a movie? come back for coffee??

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Dammit, just lie! She just wants to know how much money you make. And the b**ch is deceptive! That's more reason to just lie or use a witticism.

Case closed.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you actively looking for job? Highest level of education?

If you're a college grad looking for a job, it's a crappy economy right now and she should understand.

If you're 40, live at home with your mom and have been unemployed for the last 10 years that's a different story.

Either way, don't lie/ avoid the subject for too long. It will come out that you're unemployed, so be honest now (just put a positive spin on it) before you end up being exposed.

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This chick just told you she was married, and you're worried about what you should tell her that you do for a living?

What is it with some of you people and married women, anyway? Are there no normal single women where you live? I'm not getting up on any kind of moral soapbox here either. I'm just saying unless you are into unnecessary drama, I do not understand the logic of fooling around with a married woman.