Shaving body hair

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not see a forum dedicated to looks so I'm asking here. If this doesn't belong in the DJ forum please move where appropriate.

So now to my question. I have a lot of body hair, not too bad but definitely noticeable. I want to start shaving all of my body hair off (arms/shoulders/chest/stomach), but the problem is when I do it itches like hell when growing back and it leaves a slight rash where I shaved. For testing, I did not shave my whole body, just my chest area. I am unsure if I will have these problems in other areas as that's the only part of my body I have shaved so far.

Any advice about this? What can I do about the rash and itching problem?

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am pretty sure there is something you could use... Bikini Zone is 'for women' but works beautifully. I am not sure if there is a 'man specific' product you can use...

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're a man, why would you want to shave your body hair?

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women secretly find things like chest hair attractive.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
... And some women dis-like hairy chests.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I shave my body hair shorter with clippers so that there are no red marks or anything. I don't try to shave it all the way down. It looks better that way.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Click here

No rash or itching.
I have one of those and while I haven't gotten rashes before, there is definitely itching, especially if your body/skin isn't used to being shaved in that area.

I'm a pretty hairy guy myself, but I've learned to embrace it. A lot of women like it (even if James Bond himself is now without chest hair). The only thing I'm still concerned about is the hair on my back/upper shoulders since there's more of a stigma associated with that than chest hair.

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
can i recommend waxing. Nothing beats it and the hair grows back thinner, while you can be hair free for up to 6 week, realistically probably 4. If you are not able to do it yourself, you can get it done at a salon. so it hurts while your getting it done, the pain is over very quick, and then you have weeks of fun using body chocolate and all sorts....hmmmmm

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The itching may be helped by exfoliating in the shower. (using a washcloth or similar thoroughly to rub dead skin off) But I'd just say trim it shorter... Unless you're covered in hair like Borat, I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'd say as many women like au naturale as they do shaved men... and most in the middle won't care either way.

Waxing? :crazy: Have you seen the 40 year old virgin? Though, it is really the only long term solution if you want to look like you just stepped off the set of a bowflex commercial. :p

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HardTimes said:
Sorry, I did not see a forum dedicated to looks so I'm asking here. If this doesn't belong in the DJ forum please move where appropriate.

So now to my question. I have a lot of body hair, not too bad but definitely noticeable. I want to start shaving all of my body hair off (arms/shoulders/chest/stomach), but the problem is when I do it itches like hell when growing back and it leaves a slight rash where I shaved. For testing, I did not shave my whole body, just my chest area. I am unsure if I will have these problems in other areas as that's the only part of my body I have shaved so far.

I shave my face, underarms, chest, and groin area. I extremely dislike body hair and cannot stand having it.

I use a Fusion Razer with Axe Body Gel for myself. I shave once a week and then reshave. It works pretty well.

comic_relief

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mothballs said:
The itching may be helped by exfoliating in the shower. (using a washcloth or similar thoroughly to rub dead skin off) But I'd just say trim it shorter... Unless you're covered in hair like Borat, I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'd say as many women like au naturale as they do shaved men... and most in the middle won't care either way.

Waxing? :crazy: Have you seen the 40 year old virgin? Though, it is really the only long term solution if you want to look like you just stepped off the set of a bowflex commercial. :p
Hasn't hurt my sex life with women. It actually helped :up:

comic_relief

radiodude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HardTimes said:

I have a fair amount of body hair (not all over) and it never hurt me in any way with the ladies.

Do what you want to do but I wouldn't shave anything if I were you.

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
I make no secret about it, I LOVE a man with body hair... it's something I find incredibly sexy.

I wanted to mention this in my initial reply, but I didn't want to come off as a goon. LOL ;)

Werman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
... And some women dis-like hairy chests.
These women are called lesbians.

I'm one hairy SOB. My back, shoulders, and chest are covered like Borat. What I do, and I have gotten nothing but compliments from several ladies, is get my back/shoulders waxed and use clippers to trim my chest/stomach while using a slightly longer guard on the "treasure trail."

Waxing does hurt. Especially the first time. However, if you react the way Steve Carrel did on the 40 year old virgin, I'm sorry, but you're a pu$$y. I can back up the earlier claim that the hair will grow back a tad thinner, and you will have at least 6 weeks of being slick as a baby on the body parts you get it done on. It's well worth the pain and $.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Werman said:
These women are called lesbians.
True, but turn those women to bi-sexuals and go to town with a couple of those "lesbians." :up:

comic_relief

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never shave my body hair. In fact, when I was a young teenager, I was really worried because I didn't have any body hair yet.

When I got hair on my chest I felt like a man. It's a mark of male-ness.

So why anyone would want to shave it off is beyond me. Whatever girls would reject you because you have a hairy chest I wouldn't want anyway. that's ridiculous.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think some body hair is fine. Chest hair signifies masculinity. Though I think hair in other locations doesn't help. In my case, I also get hair on my stomach and my leg hair tends to get too long. So I use the Body Groom® to shave off the stomach hair and trim the leg hair. I also whack the weeds if the bush is too big.

In the end I'm left with a thin amount of hair on my legs, arms, chest, underarms and head. Everything else is smooth.