Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

shauny's training

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sup lads, I'm gonna be logging my training here from now on. :)

Monday 17 March

Squats 65kgx1, 1, 1
50kgx8
52.5kgx6

Pulldowns some weightx7
heavier weightx5
even heavier weightx3

Barbell rows 52.5kgx8, 7
55kgx5

Ez-bar curls whateverX8, 7

The pulldowns don't have weights next to them because the machine I was using has the weights wrong.

I've done 75kgx1 on squats before but I had to take like 3.5weeks off after that, so I'm building back up. These felt *heavy*.

Bodyweight is about 163-166lbs.

Thanks for reading

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
Bodyweight is about 163-166lbs.

Jees man, you've packed some size on. All that Beer catching up with ya? I remember the 110lbs guy coming to me for adivce :)

Are you still following Efforts workout? If not, I can highly reccommend the West Side Barbell routine, packed me 10 kilos on in about 3 weeks or something daft.

(oh yeah, and I'm DEFINITLY in Leeds next year ;))

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh I was going to say, last time I remember you were in the high 130's/low 140's, great job- unless you have developed a beer belly :D Let's know the truth!

I want too see a 100kg squat by the end of the year dammit! That is a challenge :p

Good luck with it,

Quagmire

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Tom (Wescott) was a lot of help when I was 110lbs actually, lol. Can't believe I weighed that a while ago :D

Quag: haha, welllllllll, I have more fat on me than before, probably like 14-15%, not too great, but I'm not a fat slob. No one really notices. Yeah I reckon I'll have that squat in 4 or 5 months, what ya reckon? I think I started at something like 30kg and a lot of my progress from there was 1 step forward and 1 step back because of various things (things I can't be arsed getting into).

And Wescott doesn't count as a human/someone to race against...he had a 150kg squat after about a year of training :D (at 160lbs bodyweight)...f*cking gay :p

Hey Tom, why you coming to Leeds?

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
Yeah, Tom (Wescott) was a lot of help when I was 110lbs actually, lol. Can't believe I weighed that a while ago :D

Quag: haha, welllllllll, I have more fat on me than before, probably like 14-15%, not too great, but I'm not a fat slob. No one really notices. Yeah I reckon I'll have that squat in 4 or 5 months, what ya reckon? I think I started at something like 30kg and a lot of my progress from there was 1 step forward and 1 step back because of various things (things I can't be arsed getting into).

And Wescott doesn't count as a human/someone to race against...he had a 150kg squat after about a year of training :D (at 160lbs bodyweight)...f*cking gay :p

Hey Tom, why you coming to Leeds?

Thanks for the kind words dude ;), told you you'd know more than me before long.
I'm coming for two reasons. The first being Uni, the second being you've assured me there's plenty of girls there. I hope there a fitness first so I can carry on my training *crosses fingers*

And in my opinion, if you dropped to 5RM's, you could be sqautting 100kg in about 2 month, tops.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Thanks for the kind words dude ;), told you you'd know more than me before long.
I'm coming for two reasons. The first being Uni, the second being you've assured me there's plenty of girls there. I hope there a fitness first so I can carry on my training *crosses fingers*

And in my opinion, if you dropped to 5RM's, you could be sqautting 100kg in about 2 month, tops.
Oh aye mate, the place is f*cking chock full of fanny ;) I'll tell you about the inside job on MSN tomorrow if you're on.

lol you pansy, fitness first...there's a decent uni gym for 90 quid a year. Get your ass in there and train with me! ;)

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thurs 20 March

Flat DB bench 25kgsx2
22.5kgsx6, 6
20kgsx7

Pulldowns "even heavier weight"x4, 4
lighter weightx6

Dips
Bodyweightx4, 4

Barbell rows 55kgx6, 6
50kgx9

DB shoulder press 17.5kgsx3
15kgsx7, 6

Rest-paused set of cable curls and tricep pushdowns

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool...shaunuk has a journal now ;)

Coming from 110 to 160 is giant leap. Good for you!

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't do any training at all last week because I was working down in London for the computer security company that pays me.

I reckon the week off did me good, I'm stronger now, even after laying off for a week.

31 March 2008

Pulldowns "even heavier weight"x5, 4
"lighter weight"x5

Squats 65kgx2
67.5kgx1, 1
55kgx5
57.5kgx3

Barbell rows 57.5kgx5, 5
55kgx6
50kgx8

EZ-bar curls whateverx6, 6

PR's on everything basically, except curls maybe, who knows/cares :)

I'll mention again that I've called the lat pulldown weight "even heavier weight" just so everyone knows I'm referring to the same weight done in recorded workout number 1. On the stack the weight I'm using is labelled 87.5kg, but I don't think it's that heavy...Probably more like 75kg (or a bit under).

Everything's going pretty good. Wednesday's gonna be chest/shoulders/tri's. Until then, take it easy ;)

shaun

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was worried you had decided against logging, do much partying heh :).

Keep it up, lets see that 100kg...

What are your deads at?

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
I was worried you had decided against logging, do much partying heh :).

Keep it up, lets see that 100kg...

What are your deads at?
Squats and rows had left me feeling pretty fatigued lately over the week so I dropped em for a few weeks. I'll do heavy rack pulls on friday probs :)

Uh, yeah, I was deloading...and for safe measure I added in 12cans of Heineken a night... :D (need those carbs and protein)

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wed 2nd April

Flat DB press 25kgsx4, 3
22.5kgsx5

Dips BWx5, 4+3 negatives, 4+3 negatives

DB shoulder press 17.5kgsx4, 3
15kgsx5
12.5kgsx5 (lol, was getting fatigued by this point)

Pushdowns 35kgx9, 8, 8

Good session today, gained 2 reps on the DB bench and reps on everything else, it went really well.

Just getting back into dips because I haven't done them in a while, last time I was doing them (a while back now) I was doing like 5kg on the belt for 6 or 7 reps...but I'm quite a lot heavier now so I'm happy doing BW at the moment.

cheers,
shaun

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jus wondering do u alternate this every week or and do the chest and triceps twice a week on week 2, or is it always 2 days a week back and legs?

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, as the routine is, I'd start next monday as chest+shoulders+triceps and therefore do chest+shoulders+triceps twice and back+legs only once that week. But time impedes me sometimes meaning I can only get into the gym twice a week sometimes so on those weeks I'd go back+legs and then 2nd day I'd do back+chest.

Also, most of the time on friday I only end up doing back+biceps and not legs because they're still sore from monday (lol, amazing recovery ability eh)

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday 4 April

Pulldowns "even heavier weight"x6
"even heavier weight"+1.25kgx5
"even heavier weight"+2.5kgx3

Barbell rows 60kgx3, 3
57.5kgx6, 6
55kgx7
52.5kgx9

Ez-bar curls bar+15kgx7, 6+4 negatives

Cable curls 25kg, 1 rest-paused set, 22 reps off 3 rounds.

Hamstring work

I was feeling too beat up to do deadlifts today, my chest/tricep are very sore. I ended up doing a bit more volume on barbell rows and put some hamstring work in (lying leg curls)

About the pulldown weights, supposedly my last sets would be 88.75kgx5 and 90kgx3, but they weren't, the labels are messed up on the machine. Heaviest set must've been like...75kg+..maybe getting close to 80kg.

PR's on everything.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats on the PR's.

Get some GHR's going for those hammies!

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
shaunuk said:
lying leg curls
For hamstrings alone, they are amazing aren't they.
PS: I just realised you reverse pyramid everything just like I usually do, did you get this idea from me or from Quag/forum?

MM

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
For hamstrings alone, they are amazing aren't they.
PS: I just realised you reverse pyramid everything just like I usually do, did you get this idea from me or from Quag/forum?

MM
Yeap, they feel good for sure :)

Well, I usually reverse pyramid when I've done some heavy sets with low reps. The lighter sets are for some volume. So on the rows I did 135x3, 3, so I reverse pyramided down with some lighter sets. The idea seemed kinda intuitive to me but after seeing various guys on here doing it (or just doing backoff/backdown) sets in general, I started using it.

I sometimes pyramid upwards if I'm doing an exercise that I usually do heavy but I'm getting towards the high end of my rep range (like on pulldowns)

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tues 8 April

Pulldowns 88.75kgx6.5
90kgx4, 4 (again note, these can't be the real weights, just what's marked on the machine

Squats 70kgx1, 1 (+ 1 negative on each set)
55kgx7

Barbell rows 60kgx5, 5
55kgx9

Some bicep work.

I think I might've found the perfect routine, I'm making really good size and strength gains every week. I'm switching to a DC routine (rest-pausing etc) prescribed by EFFORT soon tho.

Everything felt good, I'm feeling significantly stronger every week. Bodyweight is about 164-168lbs, 5"8.5.

shaun