Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Shag's Lifting and Diet Journal.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today--

Pulldowns 2x10 115lbs
DB Rows 3x5 55lbs each
Curls 1x12 20s
Deadlifts 1x5 165
Squats 3x5 180

lots of PRs today. Should I work rows for reps now becuase the DB increments go in 5's from now on instead of 2.5....? I did 3x5 this time but I'd rather be moving up weightwise, I could switch movements maybe?

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome bud, it looks great :D

Maybe try barbell rows if you wanna progress then? (underhand to use more weight)

-shaun

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shags - if you feel strong move up to the next DB increment. No need to change the movement 'in case' you're not strong enough to progress. And if you get 3x3 who cares? The overload (even lower rep) may well lead to more rapid strength gains.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 16, Day 1:

Dips 1x8 w/ 20lbs, 1x8 w/ 25lbs
Incline Smith Press 3x5 100 pounds
DBMP 2x8 27.5s
Tri Pulldowns 2x10 45lbs
Abs

I think I might be hitting triceps a little too much but that's just me. I might start doing only ONE set of tricep pulldowns, it seems excessive to have FOUR exercises that all hit the triceps pretty hard, which might explain why my MP's and Pulldowns are moving slower than everything else. Either way things are going well.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
keep at it man and keep that eating up

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
On the advice of someone from IM, I think I'm going to cut the Tricep Pulldowns out completely.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today:

Pulldowns 2x10 120
DB Rows 2x8 55s
Curls 1x15 22.5s
Deadlifts 1x5 175
Squats 3x5 185

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today--

Dips 2x8 +35lbs.
Inc Press 2x5 1x4 105 lbs
DBMP 1x 6 1x 5 30s
Abs, 2x6 40lbs upper, 2x10 17.5 lbs lower

I think between heavy deadlifts (for me anyway) and the MP's, my traps aren't getting enough time to rest... they are progressing SO slowly and never feel ready to work on Mondays...

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shags - I always found that I could never press maximal weights with my shoulders because I had just done bench + dips. My solution was to move shoulders to leg day, but that isn't really an option here. But since shoulders get a lot of work from dips+bench, and with your steady progress on the MP, your shoulders are still growing.

Everything's looking good :)

-shaun

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read an article on IA about 3 on 1 off, so I'm going to take next week off and come back with slightly rotated lifts, just to keep things moving (what I was doing was working, I just want to keep switching it up).

Dips
Incline DB Press
BB Military Press
Abs

Pull Downs
Hammer Strength Rows (Low or High?)
Curls, different type
Deadlifts
Box Squats adjusted reps for DLs and Box Squats, not 1x5 and 3x5

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shagnscoob said:
(what I was doing was working, I just want to keep switching it up).
shags - that is the reason your press isn't moving. upper body moves progress much slower than lower body. you cannot change things up constantly and expect to see progress. choose something, stick with it for at LEAST six months, and then gauge its success.

reading is all well and good but stick to the basics. my advice to you: stop reading IA's or any other site, get on a routine and eating plan, FORGET ABOUT IT and find something else to do instead of reading about lifting. just eat and work out as an 'aside' to the rest of your life and you'll see the progress.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahaha alright, then I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

My form--

2 Dumbbells with the handles paralell with my body, so my hands face in front of me, held about where my chin is except a little more than shoulder's width apart and then I push up and bring my hands in.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shagnscoob said:
Hahaha alright, then I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

My form--

2 Dumbbells with the handles paralell with my body, so my hands face in front of me, held about where my chin is except a little more than shoulder's width apart and then I push up and bring my hands in.
Dumbbell exercises are very hard to progress on consistently. Change the rep range to 8-15, you may find gains more forthcoming in this range. Most db exercises are better higher rep, in general.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today--

Pulldowns 2x10 125
DB Rows 2x10 55s
Curls 1x9 27.5s
Deadlift 1x4 185
Squat 1x5 195 2x5 190.

ALL PRs. My grip gave out on DL after 4 reps, plus my back was a little tight from the way I slept last night I think. Generally not a great workout, I wasn't feeling it. I had only slept for a few hours last night because of a huge test. Tonight I'm getting BIG sleep though. How should I start training my grip? seems pathetic to only get to 185 before I have grip issues.

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shagnscoob said:
Today--

Pulldowns 2x10 125
DB Rows 2x10 55s
Curls 1x9 27.5s
Deadlift 1x4 185
Squat 1x5 195 2x5 190.

ALL PRs. My grip gave out on DL after 4 reps, plus my back was a little tight from the way I slept last night I think. Generally not a great workout, I wasn't feeling it. I had only slept for a few hours last night because of a huge test. Tonight I'm getting BIG sleep though. How should I start training my grip? seems pathetic to only get to 185 before I have grip issues.
Use an alternate grip on the deadlift (baseball grip) when your start to lose grip.

-Mehdi.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today--

Dips 2x8 40lbs
Inc Press 2x5 1x2 110lbs
DBMP 2x8 30s
HEAVY Abs
Static Holds with 70s

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last week of the twice per week routine--

Dips 1x8 1x7 (RP) 45lbs
Inc Press 1x5 115 1x3 110
DBMP 1x10 1x8 30s
Tri Pushdowns 1x10 45
Abs like CRAAZY

DJStrawberry

Don Juan
Reaction score
check out anabolicreview.com ...go to their forum section and read about dieting/lifting. It is the best site on body building that the web has to offer. I assume you are wanting to bulk up. Read the Nova's Bulking thread in the diet forum. It will give you a great idea on how much food you should be consuming.