Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sexual: Summer Lean Muscle Program

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GOALS

Maintaining/Growing Current Muscle
Defined Abs
Balanced Nutrition
Finding a Suitable Workout Routine

DIET

MEAL ONE – 7AM
Large Eggs
Turkey Bacon
Oatmeal
Fruit

MEAL TWO – 10AM (snack)
natural peanut butter
whole grain bread

MEAL THREE – 1PM (pre-workout)
Protein Powder

MEAL FIVE – 3PM and 4PM
After training
Post-workout drink (creatine monohydrate, HQ protein, glutamine)

An hour later
chicken breast
frozen peas

MEAL SIX –7PM
1 can of tuna
Lettuce
Serving of almonds

MEAL SEVEN – 9PM
Casein
natural peanut butter

Various Extra Supplements - Fish Oil, HQ Multivitamin, Sampling Redline Diet Pill

Approx. Totals from FitDay
Calories - 3,184
Fat - 100.8
Carbs - 264.1
Protein - 298.1

NEW WORKOUT ROUTINE
Searching...

Comments
If any seasoned lifters disagree with my nutrition, I'd love to receive constructive criticism.

I recently lost 15-16 lbs from 215lbs down to 200lbs. I did this through 5 sets of 10 reps for each muscle group, hitting all upper body Monday/Thursday and all lower body Tuesday/Friday with 10 minutes of circuit boxing or jump rope if I wasn't too tired.

Beginning Photo

I believe that I should be lifting heavier with lower reps--and I started to--but my routine was a crappy home-made alteration of Diesel's Workout.

I just went under anesthesia last week and I figured this would be the perfect time to make sure I'm on the right path to growing lean muscle mass for the summer. I've done the "on-and-off" bulking phase for too long, and even though I will not gain muscle quickly, I'd like to produce a better athlete's build.

*As a side note, I have back problems, and I tend to have problems with dead-lifts, clean and jerks, and sometimes leg press.

As always, I appreciate you guys at sosuave.com for your input. I will continue to use this post as a progress log if nobody posts back. Thanks!

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're approaching this in a very smart way in that you're going after diet first and training second. Most people simply do not understand the importance of diet in achieving a lean muscular physique. The fact that you have your diet planned out shows that you're already ahead of the curve!

Diet looks good. The only criticisms I can think of is not enough attention paid to omega 3's. If you're looking for a lean muscular build the importance of omega 3's cannot be overstated. I'd throw organically milled flax powder onto your oatmeal (after you cook it), and incorporate it into your diet as much as you can. Also, increase your almond intake, maybe switch it in place of meal 2's peanut butter. For your post WO meal, I'd strongly recommend around 60 g of high GI carbs... maybe make a shake w/ your creatine/protein/fruit juice/glutamine. I've heard mixed opinions on bioavailability of glutamine mixed w/ other proteins... apparently there's competition for transport sites. I have no idea on this, just what I've heard. For your last meal, why not just take cottage cheese in the place of casein? It'll save you a lot of cash.

As far as training goes. I've always found that training w/ high intensity techniques works great for development of lean muscle. I believe the "metabolic shock" of high intensity training, especially w/ big movements really kickstarts fat burning. Again this is what I've noticed w/ myself. Your body could be very different than mine. Incorporate big compound movements like squats (do front squats if your back is an issue), rows, bench, chins/dips, military press, etc. I love super-setting these bigger movements w/ smaller isolation exercises. Personally love doing lateral/anterior raises after incline dumbell press, and posterior raises after dumbell rows. Experiment and see what works for lower body work as your back as an issue.

Maybe try and get into flag football, MMA, or some kind of cardio class/sport that involves high intensity interval work. Again, I believe this kind of training has a great effect on metabolism. Furthermore its a lot less boring than cardio! Joining some of those high intensity cardio classes at your gym is a great way to meet hot fit chics as well. Combining interval work w/ 2-3 sessions of low intensity cardio will work to reduce fat. If you're doing lots of cardio you may need to re-evaluate some components of your diet a bit.

You're on the right path... Just gotta see what combo on training/diet works best to give you the results you need.

Good luck!

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet looks good. The only criticisms I can think of is not enough attention paid to omega 3's. If you're looking for a lean muscular build the importance of omega 3's cannot be overstated. I'd throw organically milled flax powder onto your oatmeal (after you cook it), and incorporate it into your diet as much as you can. Also, increase your almond intake, maybe switch it in place of meal 2's peanut butter. For your post WO meal, I'd strongly recommend around 60 g of high GI carbs... maybe make a shake w/ your creatine/protein/fruit juice/glutamine. I've heard mixed opinions on bioavailability of glutamine mixed w/ other proteins... apparently there's competition for transport sites. I have no idea on this, just what I've heard. For your last meal, why not just take cottage cheese in the place of casein? It'll save you a lot of cash.
I often switch my pre-workout meal with a Zero bar when I'm at work, which is filled with flax. I don't know if you saw the extra supplements list, but I take fish oil which has 900 mg total omega-3 fatty acids.... and 60 grams, huh? I thought that the body cannot process more than a certain amount of protein in a single serving? Also, the post-workout shake is with Amplified Wheybolic 60 protein, and I add 5g creatine monohydrate and (extra) 5g glutamine.... also, any suggestions on how to make cottage cheese taste better? lol because that is good advice on saving money.

Maybe try and get into flag football, MMA, or some kind of cardio class/sport that involves high intensity interval work. Again, I believe this kind of training has a great effect on metabolism.
I totally agree. I have so little time to spend with another extra-curricular activity, though. That's why I box after workouts, because the class was too long, even though it was an incredible workout and also relieved testosterone buildup in sparring.

------------

Thanks for the feedback! I found a substantial summer workout in GNC's monthly magazine, and I'll post it ASAP. This will be my last week only maintaining each muscle.

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't taken supplimentation in about 3-4 years so I may not rememer spevificly if it is these two suppliments...

... But I'm PrETTY sure that glutamuine and creatine should NOT be taken at the same time. They combat each other for transport.One should be taken pre-workout and one post. L-glutamune should be taken with a glass of juice, sugar helps it's transport.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was referring to 60 g of CARBS, not protein post WO. Make sure they're high GI carbs as your body will be able absorb them rapidly 60 g is around the amount in a pint of orange juice (I think)... just check the labels. Its VERY easy to get high GI carbs in our society! After a heavy intense work out your body will totally suck the carbs up.

I believe the current thinking in the field is the omega 3's derived from fish oils, namely DHA/EPA, are more potent and eliciting the beneficial effects of omega 3's than linoleic/linolenic acid found in flax. You're > 200 lbs and you're only getting 900 mg fish oil. I strongly believe fish oils should be viewed as a macronutrient. I'm about 5'8"-180, and I'm getting around 3-4000+ mg of DHA/EPA per day. Cost-co has a great high potency fish oil supplement. It gets you 600 mg of actual DHA/EPA per 1000 mg of fish oil per pill. I'd strongly recommend you increase your fish oil intake.

Hmmm... cottage cheese. Ive' heard people eating it with fruit, like maybe have an apple with it to dilute the taste? I don't eat is very often, but don't mind the taste, so not really sure what to suggest. Adding spices to it maybe? Lotsa possibilities.

lorekeeper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Respectfully--that's not true.

Cytosport Cytogainer contains glutamine and creatine...and it yields tremendous results:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/gainer.html
You're right.

but it DOES compete for absorption, so, so am I in a way :yes:

Looked it up, this is what I found:

Muscle cells do have what is referred to as a "sodium-potassium pump," a "valve" that allows certain nutrients to both enter and exit. Both creatine and glutamine enter the muscle cell through this pump, however, the actual mineral, sodium has nothing to do with that process. It is incredibly difficult (and by practical means nearly impossible) to overload this pump to the point at which glutamine and creatine would be competing for entry. Neither creatine nor glutamine needs to bind to a sodium molecule for absorption into muscle cells. Creatine binds to a phosphate molecule, which then becomes phosphocreatine. Phosphocreatine is stored in muscle cells to be used as an energy source. Glutamine is a free form, "conditionally essential" amino acid that is prevalent throughout the body. Glutamine is necessary for a variety of functions in the body such as tissue repair and cell volumization. Glutamine does not bind to a sodium molecule for absorption, and is readily utilized throughout the body.
sorry for the thread Hijack, was just throwing my 2cents in ;)

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lorekeeper, I'm not sure what the source of the article is but via classic, scientifically/physiologically accepted definitions, a Na-K ATPase (sodium-potassium ATPase) pump is simply a ion pump that re-establishes a resting membrane potential on electrically excitable membranes.

I think you might be referring to ion Co-transporters that use ion gradients as a source of potential energy for nutrient transport. There's one older study I looked at:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10383488

That does comment on the importance of Na+ gradients on creatine uptake in a rat soleus muscle model.

I think I may have originally been talking about absorption across the gut wall... as creatine, glutamine and peptides/amino acids from protein digestion are all made of or are amino acids and would thus have similar transporters.

Sorry to add to the hijacking!

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi: Yes, I have an adaquate leg workout. No flamingo legs. I guess the fruit was more for simple carbs and energy. I take oatmeal with water, and even though I believe I don't need so much, a half cup is a baby portion--I'll meet you at a cup maybe. I switch it up from spinach and peas every other night. Nice suggestion with Animal Cuts, but I'm good with these redline for now. Depending on the effects of my workout, I'll most likely use Oxyelite.

Fuglydude: That's true about with the increased amount of omegas for the lifter. This diet isn't set in stone, and I will have servings of fish randomly. Nevertheless, it's in the back of my head now. Appreciate it. someone also suggested pepper on cottage cheese. Fekkin gross, lol.

Kudos to y'all with the collegiate depth. I'm starting to realize that unless such research is involved with your career, each answered question will lead to plethora of new scientific avenues. (For example) I have no room in this dome for an analysis of sodium molecules; I'm currently content with the practical functions.

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
APPROX. MEASUREMENTS
I purchased a measuring tape so I can begin to target weaknesses. I looked up a chart for measurement assistance, but I may have some of them wrong.

Neck: 15
Bicep: 15
Forearm: 13
Chest: 43
Waist: 33
Hips: 37
Thigh: 23
Calf: 16

(needs to be edited for precise measurement... or I'll come back and just repost gains at the end of the month)

Bodybuilding.com provided an "ideal measurement" chart based on your wrist size. I'm unsure of substantiality, but I wrote them in a practical fashion. Hips need 7 inches? Lol... and I thought I could simply cover the slack within my swarthy princesses. My neck looks fine now, but I don't want to be a turtleneck OR get five inches of bestiality. I'm a broad-shouldered ectomorph and my traps are longer than they are high--plus I think I incorrectly measured--but a few neck exercises wouldn't hurt.

Neck needs 5 inches
Bicep needs 2 inches
Forearm needs 2 inches
Chest needs 9 inches
Waist needs 3 inches
Hip needs 7 inches
Thigh needs 5 inches
Calf needs 1 inch

Last edited:

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember reading doing cardio+lifting is better than just lifting. Does playing basketball count? So if I life and play ball 3-4 times a week, that's as good as cardio for this purpose? I do not need to lose much fat, 2-3%

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Negative reps
** Pump sets: reps (15-20) with relatively light weight to increase blood flow
Giant set is a series of exercises performed back to back with little to no rest in between

DAY 1 WORKOUT: Chest, hamstrings and calves

Chest
Incline dumbbell press: 1 warm-up; 2 sets of 9, 7; 3 negative reps per set*
Smith machine incline press: 1 drop set of 10, 8, 6
Flat-bench dumbbell press: 3 sets of 10, 10, 8
Flat-bench dumbbell flye (wide): 3 sets of 10, 10, 8
Machine dip: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8

Hamstrings
Lying Leg Curl: 1 warm-up; 2 sets of 10 (plus 5 neg.), 7 (plus 3 neg.)
Seated Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10, 10, 8
Stiff-leg deadlift: 3 sets of 10, 10, 8

Calves
Calves off leg press: 3 sets of 15, 15, 10
Giant sets (3) with
Donkey calf raises: 15
Seated calf raises: 15
Calf stretch: 15

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DAY 2: Cardio and Abs

Abs
Machine ab crunch: 3 x 20
Oblique side crunch: 3 x 20
Leg raise: 3 x 15
Bar twist: 3 x 20

30 Minutes of Cardio

DAY 3: Back and Traps

Back
Wide-grip front pull-down: 1 warm up, 3 x 10, 18, 8
Bent-over barbell row: 3 x 10, 10, 8
Hammer machine high single-arm row: 3 x 10, 10, 8
Deadlift: 2 x 8
Reverse-grip pull-down: 3 pump sets

Traps
Close-grip upright row: 3 x 10, 10, 8
Dumbbell shrug: 3 x 10, 10, 8
High-cable trap pull: 3 pump sets

DAY 4: Cardio and Abs

Abs
Machine ab crunch: 3 x 20
Oblique side crunch: 3 x 20
Leg raise: 3 x 15
Bar twist: 3 x 20

30 Minutes of Cardio

This workout is kicking my ass. It's perfect! Already getting major results and comments. I'm trying today Gaspari Size-On while lifting for extra strength and stamina as my creatine support, and using MuscleTech NaNo Vapor as a pre-workout... just mixing up the products to test results. Of course I'm still using GNC Amp Whey 60 as my protein. I need 'em too, cause I'm exhausted, yet having trouble falling asleep. This is most likely because I'm studying late into the evening.

DAY 5: Shoulders and triceps

Shoulders
Standing or seated dumbbell press: 1 warm-up, 2 x 9, 7 (plsu 3 neg reps per set)
Single dumbbell front raise: 3 x 10, 10, 8
Dumbbell side lateral (right then left): 3 x 10, 10, 8
Rear delt pull-back off pec deck: 4 x 15, 12, 12, 10
Cable rear delt pull-back (on bench): 2 x 12

Triceps
Close-grip tricep press-down: 3 x 10, 10, 8
Standing cable French press: 3 x 10, 10, 8
Lying French press: 3 x 10, 10, 8
Reverse dip: 3 pump sets

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DAY 6: Biceps, forearms and quads

Biceps
Barbell curl (wide grip): 1 warm-up, 3 x 10, 10, 8
Dumbbell hammer curl: 3 x 10, 10, 8
Preacher curl: 3 x 10, 10 8
Lying cable curl: 3 pump sets

Forearms
Wrist curl (off bench): 3 x 15, 12, 10
Standing reverse wrist curl: 3 x 15, 12, 10

Quads
Leg extension: 1 warm-up, 3 x 15, 15, 10
Machine squat: 3 x 15, 15, 10
Wide-stance leg press: 2 x 20, 15
Narrow-stance leg press: 1 x 10

I was crushed after this week. Regrettably (somewhat), it was my birthday this week. I went out Saturday night and drank when I should have been resting. This program is so intense that it saps everything out of you, but I was looking great after a mere week. I became sick for a couple days because of the shock to my immune system. I'll begin again soon after a maintenance round this week, and also I want to try and begin a boot camp consecutively. I met this Brazilian chick on Sunday and found out that I still had game after all this time studying... so I want to get back into dating again. No more whining and getting scraps!

waynejohn

Don Juan
Reaction score
A 1000mg fish oil capsule is about one-third omega-3. You want 3-5 grams of omega-3. That is about 10-15 capsules.

No one has mentioned this, but you only really need 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
waynejohn said:
A 1000mg fish oil capsule is about one-third omega-3. You want 3-5 grams of omega-3. That is about 10-15 capsules.

No one has mentioned this, but you only really need 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight.
This isn't necessarily true. It depends on the actual content of DHA/EPA per 1000 mg capsule. Assuming labels are accurate, my fish oil supplement of choice gives around 600 mg of DHA/EPA per 1000 mg capsule. Its a "super concentrate" formula... I only take 6-8 per day. Just gotta read labels to see how much actual DHA/EPA you have per capsule and dose accordingly.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
guys whats wrong with actual fish oil?

a couple of table spoons of cod liver oil is far more of the good stuff and doesnt involve taking a dozen tablets.. am I missing somthing?

Cure.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cure said:
guys whats wrong with actual fish oil?

a couple of table spoons of cod liver oil is far more of the good stuff and doesnt involve taking a dozen tablets.. am I missing somthing?

Cure.
Cod liver oil tastes like crap, I'd rather take pills. Cod Liver oil is pretty similar to fish oil, plus it has lots of vitamin A and D. Some fish oils capsules are also quite concentrated and let you know the actual amount of DHA/EPA per capsule. Assuming labels aren't false, you can get a guideline for how many caps to take based on your daily intake goal. I suppose you could do the same thing w/ oils, assuming consistent levels of DHA/EPA...

I just prefer to take pills.

waynejohn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Fuglydude. But it really doesn't matter how you get it, though. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are called essential fatty acids - you're body cannot make them on its own.

You have to consume them. Fortunately, you get plenty Omega-6 in your typical diet. Omega-3, not even close.

You don't need cod liver oil or pills. You could just eat a lot of fish and other foods with Omega-3, but supplementing makes life easier.

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
waynejohn said:

I haven't heard that (recently at least). For a normal person, 500-1000mg is the recommended amount. Perhaps a builder would need more, so 3-5g sounds logical. It can't hurt!

Yes, that is the right amount of protein needed. As an advocate of taking higher dosages to meet diet/lifting needs, I'd think you would also be pushing 1.5g/lb of protein. Sure the excess turns to fat, but I'd rather have more than not enough to grow, and burn the rest in my cardio.

From what I've read, building "lean muscle" sounds ridiculous in comparison to bulking and cutting--but I've always considered myself a pioneer ;)

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
waynejohn said:
No one has mentioned this, but you only really need 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight
So confident when he says this ;) and you know this how exactly? We have barely scratched the surface on how the human body works, it's way too complex to say "Your body only needs "x" amount" of this, well it's kind of out of left field. Each person individually has so many freakin' variables involved it's hard to say. A big strong guy who trains 5 times a week and does a sport. Is going to need a whole **** load of carbs+protein to sustain him optimally. The guy who trains maybe 1-2 times a week but sits on his ass watching tv most days is going to not need much.

I think beautiful things can happen for some if they experiment and push bigger protein intakes. This could be 1.5 grams X BW or 2. Some could do fine off 1XBW. Yet like I mentioned the person should experiment, especially when one is trying to gain muscle/strength.