Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sexual Ornamentation (creationists not welcomed)

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evolution!

That grand controversial theory is the one and only reason we are all here. The desire to pass our genes on to the next generation. Those that disagree with this, read no further, as this is the inspiration for my post.

To select a mate is to select a person whose traits we wish our offspring to have. Whether we know it or not, we are at this site in order to attract the mate whose traits we find most desirable for our offspring. In order for accomplish this task, we as well must possess traits which they wish their offspring to have. But that is in no way a limit for selection of a mate. There is another factor which must be added to that function. Sexual Ornamentation.

Think, my friends, of the peacock, whose grandoise tail is able to attract mates of its own species. Now some of you might ask, What good does a peacock tail do for getting me laid? Its not the tail, but what it is there to act as! We also have our own forms of the peacocks beautiful tail.

Music, Language, Art, and yes even Sports are all forms of human sexual ornamentation.

Evolutionists have for years theorized the reasons humans have evolved such abilities and traits as mentioned above. The reason is quite simple, as aides for attracting mates. Yes, just as the canary sings its song, the pianist plays his, the poet recites his sonnet, and the artist paints his painting. These though are forms of ornamentation which take much skill to perform. there are also MANY ways for you to ornament yourself without putting in much effort.

All of these i believed have been covered in previous threads with the topic of Uniqueness.
Yes, being Unique CAN be a form of sexual attraction, but hardly always.

Dress
- You guys better have this one down already.
Never wear plain clothing. Try wearing bright(not blinding), or deep colors most of the time.

Hair
- This i must say is a subject i have yet to achieve in, but ill get there. You dont have to necessarily wear a unique hairstyle, but one that is suitable for your face. Put in gel, but careful, not too much.

Dance
- Well obviously dancing is a major physical ability you wanna get. Dancing displays not just sexuality, but health as well.

Sports
- Become good at a sport, it really doesnt matter which one, just try to be good. I rock at hacky sack

Speech
- Look up defintions to words whose definitions you dont know. A large vocabulary is definitely a good thing to have.

There are others but im lazy and tired so to wrap this up im going to end with a quote from Darwin.

"Nor must we overlook the probability of the constant inculcation in belief in God on the minds of children producing so strong and perhaps an inherited effect on their brains not yet fully developed, that it would be as difficult for them to throw off their belief in God, as for a monkey to throw off their fear and hatred of snakes." - Charles Darwin

[This message has been edited by Jester (edited 04-08-2002).]

Pancho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh..are you a scientist dude?

I dont want to be a rain on your parade, but I think a lot of people tend to make references to Darwin and Biological concepts, when a lot of these things, to real scientist...(of which i am one) is just a bunch of psuedo-science. A lot of the previous knowledge regarding sociobiology have more or less been descridited, including, to a large extent, observations of non human socieites (i.e peacocks) to justify and reinforce our own, more complex society. Heh...even a lot of the theories concerning ornamentation and coloration.

But, what the fvck, dont let it bother you...your post is good and makes some sense. Heh..im just trying to be smart mouth bieatch

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well im 16 so im not a scientist quite yet lol.

Ok even tho the guy that just replyed appears to be very smart dont jump to conclusions just yet.

His reply is just another example of the conceited opinions we have of ourselves. We just arent that special. In many aspects our DNA is identical to many many different species and only varies in very small degrees. Ornamentation to attract mates has NOT been discredited in any way and if you say it has i would like something to back that up.

dude, humans use ornamention, of course its not the same as other species but its without a doubt there i mean wtf do you think lipstick is, rofl.

so in conclusion, bull****.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Jester, I don't think it really matters what one believes to apply your concept. Whether you believe that we evolved from apes or that God plopped a couple of all species onto the planet to compliment and appeal to each other...it's essentially the attraction factor you're talking about. Humans and animals choose their mates as they do in part by what appeals to them and in part to accomodate the survival of the species. I don't believe that people create art thinking it will get them laid, though. Sometimes people just do things because it makes them feel good. Bodybuilding and primping is a whole other ballgame, though. Men and women do things to make themself look more physically appealing to the opposite sex in order to attract a mate. When a woman puts on makeup, does her hair and shows cleavage she is saying "I am a female." so men will notice her. When a man develops his body, does physical things (yes, sports), stuffs his hand down the front of his pants while holding the remote in the other hand (hehe) he is saying "I am a man" to get noticed by the opposite sex. With people, these are more cultural things. How else could you explain why women would put many gold rings around their neck and endure a horrible amount of pain, and disfigure their body just to be attractive?

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, there are many cultural variations, to ornamentation, but you would be hard pressed to find a civilization in the entire history of homo-sapians that didnt value the listed topics.

Music
Art
Language
Dance(sport is too loosely defined)

if u can come up with one then more power to u , but i dont think thats gonna happen.

BTW, it does matter if you believe in evolution or not because evolution is how we obtained the capacity for those topics.You could still use the principles of course, but hey im an ******* .

Shadow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've posted but your post was so thought provoking I had to reply.

I agree with Wyld that it doesn't matter what you believe to apply your concept.

Being an ex-creationist [I'm more agnostic now -it means I believe there's something out there, I just don't know what] and familiar with its dynamic [boy don't I sound all puffed up] even if we were put on this earth by a divine force, our Creator would have inherently designed in us these traits to attract a mate.

In essence it all boils down to our gut instincts: to eat, sleep, hunt [now replaced by sports], and reproduce.

------------------
It's not who's wrong or right, but who's stronger.

People don't get what they deserve in this life.....they get what they take!

Confidence is a socially acceptable insanity

Those who did the greatest things in history were seen as being mean; the rest failed - Machiavelli