Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sex & Christianity

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe The Homophobe

I guess you are mad because I said homosexuality is wrong :D
i guess you'd expect me to get offended and cry out "no, im not gay" but im not an insecure loser like you are. I have as much respect and love for gay people as i do for straight ones.

i don't have love for limited minds however.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Egoist
i guess you'd expect me to get offended and cry out "no, im not gay" but im not an insecure loser like you are.
There goes the "insecure" line. I didn't think it would take you that long to throw it out there :rolleyes:

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but there were plenty of times in human history where we were a lot less conservative then even now.. its not just the clothes..
I can't disagree with you. The point I was making is that anything written or recorded will reflect the society it was written or recorded in. The bible is no exception. Neither are Sears catalogs, photographs, wax cylinder recordings, paintings, etc etc etc.

IM0001

Don Juan
Reaction score
no

we all should know jesus didnt wright anything in the bible. many other men did. now saying it was translated to the times, why do so many other books around the same time from all over europe have bits and pieces to prove events and whatnot happened. heck even the actual landmarks moses wrote about after egypt, still exist. even the charred mountain that somehow has melted and burnt rock with no flamable chemical, impact point, or volcaino in site. the bible is true and is prooving itself more and more every day. people just dont want to believe it because it tells them what you might be foing is wrong. thats why God gave us the ability to choose. (and if you dont think the bible predicts anything then read revelations and tell me it doesnt sound like its talking about whats going on in the world today.) The hurricanes, earthquakes, european union...

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21
just dont forget its 2005.

if we wrote a bible today...our great great grandkids would believe it..

like people believe that bible

food for thought

He has a point there...

blueangel83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a female and was a Catholic school girl for most of my life. I also had a very sheltered upbringing.

When you are sheltered you tend to want to be free and do EXACTLY the opposite of what you have been taught. So I was a good girl who turned into a sex freak.

I was coerced to confessing my sins in church by family members for committing fornication (I lost it at 18) WHICH WAS NOT BAD!!! unlike some 13 year olds. :rolleyes:

I do believe in God and Jesus Christ, follow the teachings of the bible, and continue to attend mass in church every sunday BUT also continue to commit fornication. But I'm guessing that as long as I remain humble and respect everybody that God would forgive me.

IM0001

Don Juan
Reaction score
the bible is not saying you will go to hell because you have sex outside of marrage, but you are playing russian roulet with your life or the chance of creating new life. then abortion comes in which i do believe is a sin.

uzio

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blueangel83
I do believe in God and Jesus Christ, follow the teachings of the bible, and continue to attend mass in church every sunday BUT also continue to commit fornication. But I'm guessing that as long as I remain humble and respect everybody that God would forgive me.
Stockholm syndrome to the max.

Way to go gal...

Anyhoo - if you read the bible well enough you will notice, that actually the first time you are having sex = you are marrying the person in question.

Just ask yourself - now many wedding ceremonies are there in the book?

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by IM0001
the bible is not saying you will go to hell because you have sex outside of marrage, but you are playing russian roulet with your life or the chance of creating new life. then abortion comes in which i do believe is a sin.

I dont know all about big pits of fire and brimstone-I dont what lies ahead for me in the afterlife-if there is one-the way I figure is like this:If you are virtuous human being who brings positive energy to this world then you're fine-premarital sex a sin? Man if people think that the world is crazy now you can only imagine how crazy it would be if no one had sex until marriage-billions of dollars will be lost rioting in the streets-suicides will occur more often...utter chaos..The bible is out of date needs to be re written for today's society.

"Turn Fear Into Curiosity"

IM0001

Don Juan
Reaction score
ya maby, or maby we would be better off since we could have all the sex we want but since its only in wedlock we wouldnt know any different. it may sound omish but think of how messed up our youth are today and how many unexpected pregnancies and std's there are. i want sex just as much or more then the next guy but lets hold off something else special for marrage other than just the financial benifits.

SparkleMotion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
Before the 1980s, sex before marriage was majorly frowned upon. Unwed women who got pregnant went into hiding for the nine months, and then gave the baby up for adoption to hide their shame. Living common-law was dirty.
Yes it was frowned upon by the 'heads' of the society. But that didn't mean it didn't happen all the time. Look at some statistics from the 1950s for example, kids were having pre-martial sex all the time. And since they didn't have things such as sex ed, they would get pregnant from unprotected sex. Except they would quickly marry before the baby popped out.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Morals are created for the benefit of religion and society FIRST. Sexuality morals are created for the stability of family and to promote propagation of the same faith. It's a self-serving mechanism. You can choose to be part of the system and live in the artificial framework, or see things for what they really are. If you want to act for societal and religious good then follow the predefined frameworks. If you want to act and live for yourself embrace the power of stepping out of predefined frameworks.

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am both a practicing christian, and to a certain extent a DJ. All of you saying that christianity is wrong without offering any proof don't bother. You are fishing for attention, find it elsewhere. If any of you have good points, then well done, believe what you want. I personally was not morally strong enough to wait for marriage, my convictions weren't deep enough. I really like sex. But i seriously admire those who do, and wished more people did. The are truly impressive and the world would be better off if sex was confined to marriage.

Teenage pregnancies and unwed mothers drop, leading to less welfare and unproductive members of society and delinquent children, bolstering the economy.
Far fewer STD's travelling around. That would make things like blood transfusions safer, less risk of accidental aids contamination.

Like I said, not for me (cause i was too weak) but i have the utmost respect for those who do. If i saw a guy making fun of someone else for abstaining, I'd friggin deck him, break his nose.

bullmoose

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blueangel83

I have consistently had mind-blowing sex with devout Christian girls who hold this exact belief. You go, girl.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that was pretty stupid frivolous...

really?

im right....so how am I stupid.

you believe in something that was written by humans with IQ's of 70.

im the stupid one?!

Reaction score
I have a theory on this. First, it's not just Christianity that's against sex. It's arguably one of it's most vocal opponents however, so, yes, it does deserve some special mention.

My theory however is that we, human beings are rational. Non-human animals aren't. They may exhibit signs of rationality, but, by and large the view of many previous cultures and belief systems is that what chiefly seperates us from the lower species is our ability to raise ourselves out of the state of nature - the Hobbesian hell, as it were. Guess what, sex is inherently animalistic, isn't it? There's no rationality in sex or in attracting women - which is why we often have so much trouble understanding it all.

So, where is this rant headed? Well, since many of these earlier cultures (look to the Victorians for instance) were so concerned with keeping themselves out of that dreaded state of nature, they eschewed anything remotely animalistic - especially sex. Sex is primal. Sex is barbaric. Sex makes us no better than the lowest of species right? Therefore it's something to be ashamed of.

What a terrible terrible attitude. Unfortunately because of the way we've developed as a species we're caught in a pickle. This aversion to sex has been so engrained in our psyche's that even now when we all know better than to say that sex is wrong or bad, it's still tough to rise above it.

Christianity (as a Catholic myself I know what of I speak) is an ancient organization, isn't it. Dates back 2000 years or so. So we're talking about an institution that has remained more or less unchanged for two millenia! Two thousand years ago we were obsessively trying to distance ourselves from the animals. That's just a reflection of that. We're special in God's eyes. We not only strive to be more, if we aren't more we're failing this creator. Therefore not only does sex make us animals - it makes us immoral. And it puts us all at risk in regressing to Hobbes life that's "Solitary Poor, Nasty, Brutish and Short". Of course we want to avoid that!

All hogwash of course. But I think it at least attempts to explain where we are, and why we're here.

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See I don't get it. The bible says that sex before marriage is bad, and yet it doesn't explain why - the reasons are left for the believers to figure out.

See that is like a HB who backward rationalise why she went out with a guy, or someone who figures out reasons why he has to buy a particular expensive car.

So why is sex before marriage bad? If it is between two consenting adults, and they are both single - there is nothing immoral about it.

Sex is something that is enjoyable, it is something fun and it is the ultimate expression of physical intimacy between two people. When you are engaged in sex, you are bearing to your partner your soul, you are at your most vulnerable. Why is that such a "bad" thing, why is it a sin?

The only explanation is that back in the medieval days, religion was used as a mean to oppress the common people.

I was raised a Catholic. I went to church, sunday school and even a catholic school. Everytime I raise questions about WHY we do things, I get guarded answers from priests and teachers. I get guilt trips from those people, saying that if I was a good Christian I would not question the Lord. I should be relying on my faith.

If the Lord is indeed the creator, why does he need his subjects to thank and praise him unequivalically all the time? Wouldn't you get sick of constant praising day in and day out?

Why couldn't you question the existence of the Lord? If he created humans to be rational and to be the rulers of the Earth, why are you not allowed to RATIONALISE his existence?

I see some radical Christian churches that say that they are the ONLY true church and that worshipping in all other churches will lead to hell, but if it is the same God, why would he punish his own people just because they believe a slightly different interpretation?

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Big Eee Zee
i am both a practicing christian, and to a certain extent a DJ. All of you saying that christianity is wrong without offering any proof don't bother. You are fishing for attention, find it elsewhere. If any of you have good points, then well done, believe what you want. I personally was not morally strong enough to wait for marriage, my convictions weren't deep enough. I really like sex. But i seriously admire those who do, and wished more people did. The are truly impressive and the world would be better off if sex was confined to marriage.

Teenage pregnancies and unwed mothers drop, leading to less welfare and unproductive members of society and delinquent children, bolstering the economy.
Far fewer STD's travelling around. That would make things like blood transfusions safer, less risk of accidental aids contamination.

Like I said, not for me (cause i was too weak) but i have the utmost respect for those who do. If i saw a guy making fun of someone else for abstaining, I'd friggin deck him, break his nose.
This is by far the most intelligent comment I have read here. Anyway, this topic is going nowhere... nobody is going to be able to prove that their way is THE right way. I still stand by my statement that the Bible, and similar moral code, is nothing but beneficial to our screwed up society.