Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Settle for Mediocrity

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:)

Go to gym 5 times a week. Get built. Take roids.
Grow your hair. Spike your hair. Highlight your hair.
Dress like a soap opera artist. Dress like a punk rock bass player.

Read the newspaper. And think that you're politically articulated.
Watch the Discovery Channel. And think you're clever.
Read the bible. And think you're spiritualized.

Be Zen. Everyone's Zen nowadays. They've all read the same email.
Maybe a Power Point file.
Make Power Point files. And distribute them to your friends.
Forward every piece of mindless crap you receive.

Brag. All the funny guys who get the ladies brag.

Listen to rap music. ' cos ur wuan of da bros
Listen to Queen. Because you're sophisticated.
Watch every chick flick that comes out in the movies.
Dream about the Matrix and the Lord of The Rings.

Get a job. Make decent money. Buy a car.
Get a girlfriend. Go out with her on the weekends.
Try to f*ck her as often as possible.

Never miss a game of your favorite team.
Help your young brothers with their homework.
Go to college; in hopes of getting a good job and getting rich working for a company... or investing in the stock market.

Have a pet. Name it with three-lettered names, like Ted, Tod, Rod, Dal
Drink your a$$ off
Smoke some cigarettes. Life's too short to be wasted.

And when you see the crazy man asking for quarters in the corners, help him, to make your karma better.

Congratulations ! You're now socially viable!

:)

BBB

Last edited:

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:) I like it, my comments later. But first.

I am curious BBB, what realisation led you to post this?

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If that is right, I'd rather be wrong.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to add... There's more to living then the stuff you list. I find your list ridiculous. Not dumb or un thoughtout just ridiculous.

I'm sorry but I am too busy living to take the time to "act". i'm not going to do anything on your list until I damn well feel it will be productive of my time.

"Act politically articulate. look clever".. Um... Please.

As Yoda said: Do or do not, there is no try.

I will eather be well informed and knowledgeful of politics or not. I will eather be naturally clever (or build it up) or not.

I DO like how well you illustrate that everything on this site should be taken with a grain of salt. Your list is probably the perfect life for some imaginary person or perhaps even yourself, but it is far from tolerable to me.

There is more to life then ****ing my gf as much as possible. There are better things for me to do then brag. My money is better spent elsewhere then on the poor **** on the side of the road begging for money instead of doing something about his case. Et cetera.

Your list may be a mockery, or may be serious so just in case it's the latter, this is what I think about it.

That is a crappy life.

Lik

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LikRetsam
I'd like to add... There's more to living then the stuff you list. I find your list ridiculous. Not dumb or un thoughtout just ridiculous.

I'm sorry but I am too busy living to take the time to "act". i'm not going to do anything on your list until I damn well feel it will be productive of my time.

"Act politically articulate. look clever".. Um... Please.

As Yoda said: Do or do not, there is no try.

I will eather be well informed and knowledgeful of politics or not. I will eather be naturally clever (or build it up) or not.

I DO like how well you illustrate that everything on this site should be taken with a grain of salt. Your list is probably the perfect life for some imaginary person or perhaps even yourself, but it is far from tolerable to me.

There is more to life then ****ing my gf as much as possible. There are better things for me to do then brag. My money is better spent elsewhere then on the poor **** on the side of the road begging for money instead of doing something about his case. Et cetera.

Your list may be a mockery, or may be serious so just in case it's the latter, this is what I think about it.

That is a crappy life.

Lik
What's more to live then ?

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure it's a mockery (note the title.)

Parts of that list are in my life, but only the ones that make my life fuller. For instance...

-I have a girlfriend, and "try to f*ck her as often as possible," but that's because she's completely unlike anyone I've met. I don't keep her around for the sake of keeping her around-she adds an element to my life that almost no other girl I've known yet can. She stimulates me in more ways than one.

-The Discovery Channel's okay, but the History Channel is where it's at. Modern Marvels, Mail Call-that stuff's the shiznatbambizzle.

-I don't miss many Jazz games. I love watching them play, because they have a style dissimilar to any other team in the NBA. It gets lonely as a Utah Jazz fan...:)

-Who doesn't help their younger siblings?

-I'm going to college to gain knowledge, and for the challenge. I don't need it to get a job, because I don't want one.

-My dog's name is Dammit.

I think I understand what BBB is saying here, though it can often be hard to tell (a compliment.) The list is how to be the perfect sheep-how to blend in with the rest of the crowd. It's basically an instruction manual on how to become "popular," just like everyone else. By doing that, you gain acceptance from the rest of the herd, and become "socially viable." A sarcastic how-to.

Or maybe it's just a rant. Or maybe it's a joke dressed up as something insightful, to throw guys like me off. Or maybe I'm just babbling on, as I tend to do.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me.... more to life... Is NOT settling for mediocricy. It's not blending in with the crowd. It's being my own person.

Sure everybody is "unique" in the sense that their chromosomes are unique but are they really?
I look around my highschool and I see groups of 4-5 people walking around... All the same people... A mere reflection of the other. A good example is how 1 has a certain way of saying "Hi!" and the others shortly after copy.

There is more to life then settling for what society tells you too. I have absolutly no interest in following the rest of the crowd. I have interest in becoming much, much better then the crowd.

I enjoy my life because I do what I enjoy. I chose what I like and I do it. I do not do something because the guy next to me or the president is doing it. I will not masturbate because it's "cool" . I will not watch that idiotbox you call a tv to "fit in".

It is not their world that I must fit in to, it is in mine that they must.

Everything you list is created by society. It's what society tells you to do or what society does. The only thing remotly different is sex and even that, you manage to fit in the social theory behind it: sex is life!!!! Get as much sex as you can or else you will die!!!

We live in a world full of wonders. Full of other beings and creatures. I can enjoy that world because I enjoy it alone. I have a lot of friends at school yet I still take walks alone when it's a gorgeous day. My peers shudder at the idea of doing anything out of the norm. By norm, I mean what society has taught them.

I live my life and I am free. Simply because there are no chains on me. I do my thing and wear what I want. I am not afraid to walk outside in rainbow shirts. I am not afraid of what other people think. I am not bound to the same fate as everyone else and I certainly am not here to fake my happiness to please others.

What is there to living? To be happy. I do that by pleasing myself. I do that from not falling in line with all the other sheep. And that's all they are, sheep. Sometimes in wolves' clothing. I was talking with the biggest alpha male at school and turns out, he is 100% p*ssywhipped by his ex of 3 months. He, the "alpha" male, cries over her in PUBLIC. That is a fake. I am no fake.

I don't need a girlfriend to live and be happy, I don't need a tv to live and be happy, I don't need a million dollars to live and be happy. To be happy, and happiest I have ever been is to be free. Free from the chains and other prisons set upon me by outside forces. That is why I am not bound to a religion. I will do what makes ME happy. I will not follow values that are deemed worthy by another.

To live, to be happy, to be my own person. To breathe, to feel, to live life to the fullest. To reach every place, attain every goal, overcome every bump in the road. To not regret. To be a man. To lead the life I choose.

Lik

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still haven't seen something concrete.
Cause, you know, even the "alternative" people follow certain trends and habits...

And why are you so worried about it? Why such need to be a non-conformist?

An self-assured hedonist is still an hedonist nonetheless...

Think about it...

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
:) I like it, my comments later. But first.

I am curious BBB, what realisation led you to post this?
I could give you an easy answer, that is seeing all my friends being engulfed by this prescription I've wrote.

Or I could give you a real answer... Arrogance and a Restless Heart...

Choose what you prefer ;)

BBB

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly what you just said. All your friends engulfed by that. I changed. I sought self improvement and here I am. I now look at my friends and they are boring ****s. Same thing over and over. Talking about the same old joke for hours. Nothing funny ever happens anymore because they are ALL the same. And they won't even go out on "adventures" to get good laughs.

I do not wish to become a replica of some one else, I wish to be my own person. Why?
Because I believe there is more to life then your list and society's habbits.
Why?
Because being a fake will work towards others, but in the end you are screwing yourself over.
Why?
Because happiness comes first and foremost from within.
Why?
Because placing your happiness in others or seeking it from others is a sure way to get blown apart.
Why?
People are fickle. You can not trust others to make you happy just as you wouldn't trust a candle to stay lit in a hurricane.
Why?
People also seek happiness from others and so, this is just a big circle that turns and turns with the next person looking to the one before to make them happy. In the end, no one is happy.
Why?
They are in Blindsight. They do not see what is happening. And if they even see just a bit of the prison set upon them, they tell themselves it is okay. That they enjoy this life.
Why?
They are afraid of being alone. Another idea society put in their heads along with "the one". they are afraid of being forever alone (which in their mind sounds more like unhappy then alone. It is a common blief that being alone means being sad)

Enough with this. It continues.

You want something concrete, but how to formulate such an answer, the answer to the question "what is there to life" in words? Words do not have the capacity to explain why I live or for what I live. The feelings, the rush.... the power that comes from within and spreads....

You must feel it to understand it. Best I can do to clarify that is for you to go watch the movie equilibrium.

Lik

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not about trends, fashions or condom mentalities (use it and throw it away).

It's not about what you name your dog, its about how you treat it, how you love it, or how you don't.

It's not whether you showup at the gym 5 days a week, because I certainly know some that do (including myself) -- its about what you do in the gym. You can stand around and socialize with your friends or you can be destroying your body. By that I mean, killing it and ressurecting it.

That lovely quote from the overrated movie Fight Club: "Self-Improvement is masturbation. Self destruction is the answer."

That is, of course, another topic -- as the intentions of 'Tyler Durden' (Pitt) were not to improve 'Jack' (Norton) but to ultimately make him indifferent to everything. Sorry Hollywood, wrong again.

Then I watched the movie "Waking Life" which was rather good. Mental masturbation to the extreme, if you will.

Nothing in that movie was really to pratical. It had some nice insight, and was visually pleasing -- but I found myself intellectually unsatisfied. There were no conclusions, no plot, just meanderings.

We are the product of our environments, granted. I am not a human being, to paraphrase one of my favorite comedians, Bill Hicks: "You're not a person until you're in my phonebook."

I am still the product of my parents, a reflection of my upbringing. I am still a growing plant, just as all of my peers are.

I am a branch on a tree, with a few leaves growing but nothing of any significance my own.

Disregard everyone else... They're only going to stop you from acheiving your goals.

Being better than everyone else is a joke. No one's better than the community, thats an ignorant western thought.

Is the group more important than the individual? The society over the member?

Or is it the other way around?

This post is really just an arrogant person looking down upon common perception.

Do whatever you want to... that is the only answer.

Do whatever pleases you, that is the only path.

Do what makes you happy...
And die.

We all want to die, anyway, so make sure you do it. Life is just a prerequisite to death.

Don't fail. Pass the test.
Let it be.

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly.

The 'ideal life' is only for the 'ideal person'.

The ideal person doesn't have a brain.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe, i got some Daoismic ideas myself, but hah, i know nothing, right? ;)

BBB, stop mocking the society, you choose your own path, so enjoy it instead of ridiculing others.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
BBB, stop mocking the society, you choose your own path, so enjoy it instead of ridiculing others.
My question is, who are we to judge what is right or what is wrong? By statistics? A DJ gets 99.74 times as much girls as an AFC. Is DJ better? Depends what goal you seek to attain.

Your friends' goals are to fit in. To be "cool". To be the norm... Who are you or I to judge which system is better, ours or theirs?

I chose my path and here I walk it. That is the difference. They did not choose their path. They havn't given half second thoughts to who they are or what they want to become, where they are or why they are there. They do not walk their path and so can not fulfill their true desires. In a sense, your destiny, your fate... is completly written by you once you take it in between your hands.

Lik

bob246

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post but i dont know about the part about listening to queen, lol.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all runs around and around, but in the end comes to the same point of beginning.

The search for love. Everyone's looking for love. But love is something abstract. It's a feeling. Chemical reactions interpreted by foolish egos.

But what is love anyway? Hedonistic and Selfish?

Even selfless love... selflessness is the most agressive form of selfishness (some Tao Te Ching for you baby ;) )

I am aware that we're venturing into the realms of the metaphysical, thus many explanations fails to cover everything that we talk about.

But... how to know true love? If we're born ego-driven from day one... if most of the love we receive is also from ego-driven creatures?

Sometimes I may sound arrogant, but I'm not the kinda guy that sits around telling everyone to f*ck off all day. I try to help as much as possible, as many people as I can, with their ego problems. I feel it's my duty... as wicked as it seems...

And interestingly, I sense an uneasiness ... as hard as it is to reach it, with every new post I make, with every single conversation I have with random people at random places I get to it...

Why such uneasiness? Why such need to justify your life-long journeys for vanity, pleasure, "self-improvement" and love?

Not the I'm above anyone... I too have my silly attachments...
My likes for good music, good food and interesting events...
But...

Why haven't I met one person who's easy, content with trying to be One with the universe... and go with the flow...

Everyday, from the beggar to the Phd, the thing you hear the most is excuses.... justifications...
Justifying why the did X, why they need Y and why they believe is right to do Z.

People trying to prove theirselves to others, or to themselves, to avoid falling of the safe bridge of self-assurance...

And Love... love is always an easy answer....

BBB

Reaction score
Let me add another one....

EAT P*SSY AND LISTEN TO TOOL!!!!!!!!!!(no seriously, listen to Tool, the music teaches you to go out and THINK FOR YOURSELF!!)

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why haven't I met one person who's easy, content with trying to be One with the universe
Why would one want to be one with the universe?

Why haven't you seen some one who can masturbate with his feet?

Then you talk alot about "love" But what is love? What is life? What is death? What is fear? Why are you on this site?

Your posts fly from big topic to big topic and I can't possibly post ample information or opinions for each.

What is true love? To be utterly easy with another person or think? to be one with another person or thing?

The true Love, the link between you and something else, in utter serenity, is that what you seek? To blend in and fuse with something in a perfect product?

Anyways to your pre-dominant idea:

Why are we uneasy? why do we seek approval from others? Why are we afraid of messing up? Why should messing up even be bad?

Because we feel. Because we are content with being overtaken by emotions and to be "out of control" . To have a liability, something to blame when we fail. "I tried to approach her but I got so nervous I couldn't say anything!!"

I am the master of my body. When I choose to feel something, I will feel it. When I deem a person "worthy" I will open up myself and my heart to them. I can even control to an extent when my d*ck goes up or not. The point is, I can control my feelings until they become too powerful. Every now and then, I am run over by very powerful emotions and lose total control of myself as my mental logic no longer intervenes with my actions. But even there, there is nothing for me to blame. Why need blame?

As I am overun by thoughts. Thoughts of the meaning of life.... what is life? What is my purpose? What is fear? and so forth, I thank you for allowing me to do much needed deep thinking. And here I am, a changed person. I have discovered many many things throughout this conversation. Many things that I could possibly formulate but I believe that they are bound to me. And so may all who read this thread also be able to think about all this.

Who are you and what is your purpose?

Lik

Master Homer

Don Juan
Reaction score

Who are you and what is your purpose?
Lik
Read up on "existentialism"; you’ll probably study it senior year in English class for awhile anyways. Basically it states that life sucks and then you die, so stop looking for purpose and just live.