Serious Relationship Problem

aussiegoat55

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So it's been a while since I've posted but now I have retured because I need help that's a more complicated than "I got her #, now what?

I'm in college and have been dating this girl for 3 months, things are starting to get serious as a meaningful relationship is developing. We're spenindg a lot more time together and although it seems too quick, I'm beginning to develop a matured love for her.

The problem lies here: I am transferring from the college I currently attend to another one a long ways away. Looks like we're going to break it off at some point because long distance is tough and I may become interested in some other girls at my next college. I know for a fact it's going to have to end and also she's said a few times she's afraid of losing me. I have not told her yet and have until I'd say June, which would be the very last minute.

Questions to ask: Let her know soon I'm transferring schools and keep the relationship going until I leave, make the most of the time we have? Prepare her? Or, tell her relatively later? Not tell her until later and try not to progress the relationship, i.e. don't progress the relationship to where there are strong feelings?

I care for this girl and she cares for me, and I know by telling her I'm going to devastate her. Just how do I do it without causing the most pain? Thanks.

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you state you care about her and want to minimize the damage you will no doubt cause, I say, tell her ASAP. She will resent you greatly if yo prolong it.

If this was just about sex, then obviously you can tell her later than sooner. That isn't the case here.

However, be prepared for her to withdraw and not be as sexually available (if you two have gone there).

moto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with purple......tell her asap...just imagined if she did that to you? how would you feel?