Self-Defence With Cards

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been practicing card throwing and this ****'s actually pretty dangerous.

You could be like Bullseye from Daredevil if you practiced enough.

I actually cut someone yesterday and they were bleeding. If I threw it harder and hit somewhere else, like a jugular vein...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all in the wrist and getting good rotation. They will stick in styrofoam. A sheet of styrofoam insulation is an excellent target.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats about the dumbest thing i've heard today. Thanks for the laugh. Maybe try like magic wands and spells next time. You can be like harry potter! Or try to spin webs like spiderman!

Seriously though, i wish i could be there when you try to throw a card at some angry dude who's going to then proceed to bash your face in. After he stops laughing of course.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I'm making some neat tentacles out of some old tin cans. Let's team-up and take out Egoist.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nighthawk
And I'm making some neat tentacles out of some old tin cans. Let's team-up and take out Egoist.
Who'se the Egiost?

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
teehee, unless you actually HIT open skin, a 10 gram card ain't gonna do **** all to a person.

Why not use shurikens? Be a real deadly player. Jagged or sharp edges, even a sharpened card won't do much damage.

I'd love to see it do some damage though. Like breaking into somebody's house and throwing cards at them when they're in the shower.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ethnomethodologist
teehee, unless you actually HIT open skin, a 10 gram card ain't gonna do **** all to a person.

Why not use shurikens? Be a real deadly player. Jagged or sharp edges, even a sharpened card won't do much damage.

I'd love to see it do some damage though. Like breaking into somebody's house and throwing cards at them when they're in the shower.
it was unopen skin and i cut it. its very possible

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dirtyvibe
it was unopen skin and i cut it. its very possible
Never said it wasn't possible... I was saying it's next to useless.

How much movement is required to perform these moves? It's not only a flick of the wrist, there is preperation in grabbing the card first. You can hurtle them what? 30 feet with accuracy in a room with no draft?

Highly possible, but also highly improbable.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ethnomethodologist
Never said it wasn't possible... I was saying it's next to useless.

How much movement is required to perform these moves? It's not only a flick of the wrist, there is preperation in grabbing the card first. You can hurtle them what? 30 feet with accuracy in a room with no draft?

Highly possible, but also highly improbable.
i just threw one over 75 feet without any effort and i suck at it

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Accuracy, was what I was talking about, not distance... I can whip my hand fast enough to throw an edged coin across a bball court into a wall. Well I could 9 years ago, imagine what my accuracy and speed could be now.

The coin was at least 5 times heavier than the card, so I absolutely believe your claim.

It is pretty cool that you have interests though. Just don't talk about being able to hurt people with em, that is what we're laughing at.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
awwwlroighty than...

Do you know the physics behind your throws? Riding on air and gaining lift from the initial downward thrust from snapping your wrist is one of the key points of flicking a card... flicking a 1/8 lb metal disk that is larger and less malleable is going to cause difficulties... Try your windup tech. with those cards.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is this a joke? if you get in to a fight, i dont see how giving some one a paper cut is going to do you any good!

Mycroft

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one of my hobbies. Too pratice your grips and throws use hotel keys, then 2 cards stapled together, finally a singel card. Also, it helps in throwing other stuff like notebooks, novels, etc. You become very smooth around the ladies when you are putting stuff away.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Egoist
thats about the dumbest thing i've heard today. Thanks for the laugh. Maybe try like magic wands and spells next time. You can be like harry potter! Or try to spin webs like spiderman!
LOL!!!! :D