Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Seduction techniques are pure bull****

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All they do is give the illusion that you are a person of interest, or to use the seduction community's term, that you are "higher value". However, I much prefer really being of "higher value", not just projecting the illusion of it.

There used to be a time when I worshiped those tips and techniques. I learned them, applied them, tried to perfect them. True, they work to some extent, and they might be good if you're interested in speed seduction, but in the long run, they do nothing for your character's improvement. A Chinese proverbs says: "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." This is a good analogy to this thread. The fish is the seduction techniques. It will be useful, but only in the very short term. That's why I won't deny that it is good for speed seducers, since they are all about short term. They might also be good when you are new to the game, since they serve as a foundation. However, if you're in it for the long term, whether self-improvement or looking for a long term relationship, seduction techniques won't be very useful.

Like I said at the start of this post, seduction techniques are an illusion. An illusion of higher value. Instead of giving out that illusion, why not truly become higher value? In this specific case, by higher value, I mean such things as learning self-respect, become a better person character-wise, take charge of your life, etc. Seduction techniques are good for those that lack just that, self-respect. For those people, what seduction technique teaches is a breakthrough. For them, it is important because it is a base on which to build the foundation. However, it must be just that, the base. When the base has been built, it is time to move on. Learn true self-respect and become a better person, don't just fake it through seduction techniques. Let me give some examples with the most commonly used and suggested techniques:

****y and funny: The whole concept of ****y and funny is, well to be both ****y and funny at the same time to become more appealing. However balance is important. Too funny means you look like a clown, and too ****y means you sound like an arrogant jerk. Neither is recommended.

Wait 3 days before contact: One you get a girl's number, a golden rule is to wait a few days (3 days being the magic, most used number) before contacting her.

Don't shower with attention: Don't give a girl all your free time, don't return her calls right away, don't answer her texts right away, etc. This shows that you are a busy person.

Don't put women on pedestals: Similar to the one above, it simply means not to put women as your number one priority or to basically worship the very ground they walk on (such thing to avoid are undeserved and frequent gifts, compliments, etc.).

Neg hits: This one my explanation my be slightly off as I am not too familiar with it. The point is to do a subtle insult, or a negative statement, meant to lower a girl's esteem of herself by pointing out her flaws. By doing so, she won't be inclined to think she is better than you.

That's just to name a few. These are the illusions. ****y and funny gives the illusion that you are fun (even though it is perhaps not natural to who you are to be ****y and funny), the waiting gives the illusion that you are busy, the showering of attention and pedestal gives the illusion that you aren't desperate while the neg-hit is simply giving the illusion that you aren't affected by her good looks and social status through a subtle (in my opinion) form of bullying.

Now let's say you have become a much better person, have self-respect, expect to be respected by others, got your life together and have plenty of hobbies, maybe a career that's keeping you busy, or school, or neither but keeping busy through hobbies. Let's re-visit these techniques and tips.

****y and funny: If you are living a fun and interesting lives, constantly trying new things, challenging yourself, pushing yourself and experimenting, you will be interesting and appealing. Maybe not through the perfect combination of ****y and funny, but through other means. ****y and funny isn't for everyone. For some, it comes naturally (like me). For others, it doesn't. However, there are other ways to make yourself interesting. Make your life more interesting, and you will naturally have a more "interesting vibe" to yourself. You will be more fun and more pleasant to be around, without needing to be ****y and funny.

Wait 3 days before contact: Personally, I am constantly busy (school, work, yoga, friends, wall climbing, hiking to name a few)... My schedule is planned roughly a week in advance, sometimes more. If I get a girl's number, I won't call her the next day. Not because some website told me to. Simply because I am genuinely busy and I know I won't be able to see her until, most of the time, at least 4-5 days to a week after I met her. If I know I will only be free in a week, why would I call her the next day to make plans for something that will happen in 8 days?

Don't shower with attention: Again, if you are genuinely busy, this shouldn't be an issue. You shouldn't even have to think about it. If a girl calls and I miss it, it's for a reason, and for that same reason that I won't call back right away. Not because I want to pretend to be busy. I won't be constantly calling or texting because I don't want to appear desperate, but simply because I got better things to do.

A side note on texts: A lot of people say "don't answer right away when she texts you!", to which I answer: Why not? The whole point of a text is to give an alternative to phone calls when your busy, so why not go for it when you can do it right away?

Don't put women on pedestals: This is where self-respect kicks in. If you have any sense of self-respect, you simply won't start worshiping women. They won't seem like the holy grail, but simply as regular persons. You don't need to fake this mindset through various techniques, it's only natural.

Neg hits: This point is to lower the value of a girl considered high value to show that you are not affected by her looks and social status. However, if you have self-respect and if you live an interesting and fulfilling live, whether the chick is an average-looking bookworm, or an extremely hot babe with a high social status, this should not change anything to you. It should not change the way you view them, it should also not change the way you act around them. After all, in the latter case, you are living an interesting life, and you do not lack self-respect. If the girl isn't interested in you, or looks down on you, simply walk away and find another girl who isn't a stuck-up *****.

Again, these are just five hand-picked examples. However, the concept remains the same. I have said it before, I will conclude with it again: Techniques gives the illusion of being a better person. Instead of focusing on learning these techniques, why not become a better person right away?

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post

Kind of lame that there are no replies, to this, I can't disagree, I personally believe the techniques are training wheels which IMO do serve their purpose, most of them are so guy's don't become needy, and such, and most important a challenge i.e. high value. Women don't want a guy that's "easy" women are like men in the sense that they want what they can't have

shiv u dont mind if I quote you in my blog do you?

terran2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's pure bullsh!t, they are a starting point, a way to break stupid patterns that guys have developed over the years. Just as they were a starting point for you.

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Solomon said:
Great post

Kind of lame that there are no replies, to this, I can't disagree, I personally believe the techniques are training wheels which IMO do serve their purpose, most of them are so guy's don't become needy, and such, and most important a challenge i.e. high value. Women don't want a guy that's "easy" women are like men in the sense that they want what they can't have

shiv u dont mind if I quote you in my blog do you?
Nope, not at all, go ahead

terran2k said:
I don't think it's pure bullsh!t, they are a starting point, a way to break stupid patterns that guys have developed over the years. Just as they were a starting point for you.
That's what I explain in my post... The title was just to grab people's attention :p

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you saved me the hassle to write this all myself. I sort of had a post in the making that's basically saying the same thing, but it was in a rough draft state. I can just scrap it and bump your post.

Cheers bro!

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you just say all of the 'techniques' were bull****, and then agree with them all?

And your wrong about what you said in ****y funny paragraph, story telling ability is more important than the story.

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
Did you just say all of the 'techniques' were bull****, and then agree with them all?

And your wrong about what you said in ****y funny paragraph, story telling ability is more important than the story.
Yeah ****y and funny is the one I had the most problem with, since it's kinda hard to classify, sort of a technique but at the same time it's a mindset and also a way of acting. The point is, for some people it's natural, for others it isn't... If it isn't natural for you, don't fake it, there are other ways to be interesting.

And re-read my post you will see why I call them bull**** but still agree to some extent. By the way, I see growing pattern... Of the last three posts you try to call me out on what I am saying, when the answer to your question, or accusation, or whatever you want to call it, is in what I wrote. Read more carefully what I write before you comment dude.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No i meant this paragraph:

If you are living a fun and interesting lives, constantly trying new things, challenging yourself, pushing yourself and experimenting, you will be interesting and appealing. Maybe not through the perfect combination of ****y and funny, but through other means. ****y and funny isn't for everyone. For some, it comes naturally (like me). For others, it doesn't. However, there are other ways to make yourself interesting. Make your life more interesting, and you will naturally have a more "interesting vibe" to yourself. You will be more fun and more pleasant to be around, without needing to be ****y and funny.
I cant recall any other thread. If i keep calling you out you must be doing something wrong.

I know what your answers said because i read them. What im saying is first you claim its bs but then agree with them. It doesn't matter what justification or rationalization you do really.

I wait a few days before i call because its how i do it. If she asks me why i waited i'll tell her i was busy, but in reality i was probably just waiting. Why go so hard to make yourself believe it, because you are so scared of succumbing to 'game'? Everyone has tricks up their sleeve, including guys who dont know about any community and, worst of all, girls.

Call it mindgames, call it strategy, call it whatever you like. I call it playing it cool. Dont be weak and try to feed yourself crap, what an odd thing to do.:confused:

Big Overseas 1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know. Some tehniques seem to work, but nothing is better than becoming a natural though.

Reaction score
Let me play the Devil's advocate and neg your idea of "interesting and busy" life or even your exaggeration of it as "better life". Why do wall climbing, sky diving or digging wells have to mean your life is interesting? LIfe is short, and I have no time for useless interests as these. Atleast if you'd mentioned dance or singing as passions, I'd see the hotness of it. But wall climbing and lawn moving, nowhere hot. Isn't is wiser make women my exclusive pursuit in life, set up a passive income and even retire from day job for sarging 16 hours a day.

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AreYouSingleFemale said:
Let me play the Devil's advocate and neg your idea of "interesting and busy" life or even your exaggeration of it as "better life". Why do wall climbing, sky diving or digging wells have to mean your life is interesting? LIfe is short, and I have no time for useless interests as these. Atleast if you'd mentioned dance or singing as passions, I'd see the hotness of it. But wall climbing and lawn moving, nowhere hot. Isn't is wiser make women my exclusive pursuit in life, set up a passive income and even retire from day job for sarging 16 hours a day.
We all have different interest and different goals in life, hopefully someday you will realize that.

Why do wall climbing, sky diving or digging wells have to mean your life is interesting?

It's interesting if you really like it, and make it interesting. For you, it might be boring and a complete waste of time. For others, it's an interesting hobby. For others, it's a passion. Again, we all have different interest and different goals in life. It seems you are into dancing, so switch over what I said from wall climbing or hiking to dancing and singing.

Isn't is wiser make women my exclusive pursuit in life, set up a passive income and even retire from day job for sarging 16 hours a day.

If you want your life to be defined by women, I guess it is. Different interests, different passions, different drives.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They give you a starting block.
Of course the overall goal is to become a beter, more attractive, confident person rather than to project that image in order to attract women. But the chances are, when you put these techniques into practice, with success, that you will therefore become more popular, happy, higher in value etc.

TheBucketOfTruth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LuisGarcia10 said:
They give you a starting block.
Of course the overall goal is to become a beter, more attractive, confident person rather than to project that image in order to attract women. But the chances are, when you put these techniques into practice, with success, that you will therefore become more popular, happy, higher in value etc.
Yeah it's just a basic framework for people to reference and start out with so that they can try to begin from something rather than just having to figure it all out themselves.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seduction techniques are just ways of categorizing and describing stuff that some guys do naturally.

Some guys don't have natural game and have to understand what they're doing for it to work.

There's plenty of guys who've gotten laid/girlfriend/wife through seduction techniques, and thats some real ****.

Whatever you think about seduction techniques personally, you saying they're bull**** flies in the face of all the guys who've had success because of them.

Even 'naturals' use seduction technique, they/we just don't realize it.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shivastorm_88 said:
We all have different interest and different goals in life, hopefully someday you will realize that.

Why do wall climbing, sky diving or digging wells have to mean your life is interesting?

It's interesting if you really like it, and make it interesting. For you, it might be boring and a complete waste of time. For others, it's an interesting hobby. For others, it's a passion. Again, we all have different interest and different goals in life. It seems you are into dancing, so switch over what I said from wall climbing or hiking to dancing and singing.

Isn't is wiser make women my exclusive pursuit in life, set up a passive income and even retire from day job for sarging 16 hours a day.

If you want your life to be defined by women, I guess it is. Different interests, different passions, different drives.
Setting up a passive income as a person with no wealth to start with (no $1m plot of land, no strong assets) is extremely hard.

I have a working knowledge of finances and money flows, and generally you need an asset base worth 20x what your passive income (profit) will be.

Don't understand?

In layman terms, you need $1,000,000 in money-generating assets to live off $50,000 per year in passive income. ie. $1,000,000 in assets will net you $50,000 in after tax income (profit).

Want $100,000 in passive? Need $2,000,000 in revenue-generating assets.

Want $1,000,000 in passive? Need $20,000,000 in revenue-generating assets.

That is rule of thumb for passive income related to real-estate. Cut the profit in half if you want somebody experienced to manage the properties for you, leaving you all the time in the world to stick your thumb up your butt or do whatever it is that gets you off.

If you educate yourself on tax laws, real estate management and rental property investment, you can have $1,000,000 in real estate money-generating assets within 10 years, and $2,000,000 within 15 years. That is the hard-work approach to getting wealthy.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shivastorm_88 said:
Again, these are just five hand-picked examples. However, the concept remains the same. I have said it before, I will conclude with it again: Techniques gives the illusion of being a better person. Instead of focusing on learning these techniques, why not become a better person right away?
You are confusing the issues. The techniques you described have to do with women and their emotions. There is no hard and fast rule how to get them and they are just some examples used to help attracting women.

Just because you can skydive and know 5 languages doesn't mean you can attract women. If you don't how to turn them on them, tease them, talk to them, play with them, you'll never get anywhere. Of course being well educated and well rounded helps, but it's not the answer. There are people out there who have made millions, can rock climb, can dance, have travelled around the world, have all their hair, but still don't know how to attract women.

Shivastorm_88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some good points, let me give my .02 cents

Quiksilver said:
Seduction techniques are just ways of categorizing and describing stuff that some guys do naturally.

Some guys don't have natural game and have to understand what they're doing for it to work.

There's plenty of guys who've gotten laid/girlfriend/wife through seduction techniques, and thats some real ****.

Whatever you think about seduction techniques personally, you saying they're bull**** flies in the face of all the guys who've had success because of them.

Even 'naturals' use seduction technique, they/we just don't realize it.
I'm pretty sure they do, and I'm also pretty sure they use them not because some random person on the web told them to be C&F, or because some other dude told them to Neg Hit, but only because it's the natural thing to do for them, and because it is part of their character. I'm pretty sure a "natural" never thought to himself: "Damn if I don't wait 3 days she will think I am desperate!", or "quick, gotta neg her to reduce her social value in order to raise her attraction!".

What I'm saying is that these techniques just give the illusion of something... Instead of working to perfect that illusion, why not re-create yourself in a way that you no longer need to project that illusion? Make it a part of you instead.

DonJuan11 said:
You are confusing the issues. The techniques you described have to do with women and their emotions. There is no hard and fast rule how to get them and they are just some examples used to help attracting women.

Just because you can skydive and know 5 languages doesn't mean you can attract women. If you don't how to turn them on them, tease them, talk to them, play with them, you'll never get anywhere. Of course being well educated and well rounded helps, but it's not the answer. There are people out there who have made millions, can rock climb, can dance, have travelled around the world, have all their hair, but still don't know how to attract women.
Of course a solid set of hobbies isn't enough, but it's always a start. More hobbies means you go out more, in theory you meet more people, you get more experienced in dealing with people (not just HB, but every kind of person). However, yes it is not enough. I have to re-phrase my statement a bit: Seduction techniques are pure bull****, but they can serve as a training wheel, just like the set of two wheels behind the small bicycle we all used to learn biking.

However, if you develop certain qualities through constant self-improvement, these techniques become meaningless and useless, or at the limit, natural to you in the sense that you no longer need to think about it when you use them, because it has become natural for a person with self-respect to put his priorities in front of women. It has become natural for a charismatic person to attract others (not just women) by the way he speaks, so that he no longer need to resort to C&F... Et cetera.

Of course what I'm describing isn't easy. It's a lot easier to master a set of techniques and use them in speed dating scenario. However, I personally believe that in the long run, it is so much better to learn to become a better person and get rid of these techniques, instead of trying to master them.

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seduction techniques get you in the door. Thats about it.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
occasionally i hear a good idea. I think the main trouble is that guys try to make their entire interactions with women "technique based" whereas having one or two interesting things to fall back on and 95% natural conversation would be a much better option. It's important to stay in tune with very basic social skills and not be a recluse IMO I've been too many depressed recluses come out of hiding armed with 6,000 internet techniques lol Join a club or something if you have no social life.