Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Scholarships for MBA

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'm about to begin my second year in Business and International Marketing in an Italian University. I've successfully completed the first year, so I'm thinking about what to do after I take my degree.
That's the situation: in Italy, you take your first University degree after three years of study; then, you can either find a job (but the 3-year degree doesn't really help more than a High School diploma: it should be the Italian equivalent of your Undergraduate Degree, but it's use is more similar to the Associate degree) or go on studying for another couple of years (and then you have a 5-year-degree, but, practically, it equates to a simple American Undergraduate degree, although it SHOULD be the equivalent of your Postgraduate). Only then, you are able to join an Italian MBA.

I think this is pretty stupid and I've found out that after completing the first three years, an Italian guy could study for an English Master's Degree (even the MBA's) or go to the USA, give some exams and then join an American MBA.

I'm thinking about this last option, but unfortunately your fees are extremely high (I've found out that you should take into account a $60K budget for each year you're there, for covering both fees and living costs).

Are there any scholarships for foreign guys that are given on merit?

Thank you all a lot

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you looked at any european universities? What's your gmat?

Also, go to gmatclub.com and ask the same question

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DrMetallica said:
Have you looked at any european universities? What's your gmat?

Also, go to gmatclub.com and ask the same question

I have never taken the GMAT so far, since it's pretty useless over here. I'll only take it when I'm sure that I'll study abroad. Is there any place over the internet where I can try it for free?

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DrMetallica said:
http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/...FreeGMATPrepTestPreparationSoftwarein2006.htm

Useless me arse. You need to take the GMAT. It is the world-standard for admission to an MBA programme

You didn't get what I said: the GMAT is pretty useless over here, meaning that the only Italian business school that asks for it is Bocconi, whose fees costs just as much as American universities': thus, I would need to take the GMAT only if I had enough money (or scholarships) to go to the USA. Got it?

benjiprice

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about to start my second yr of MBA. My school's budget is around 77K for the year.

There are two types of scholarships:
1. Scholarships given by or through the school: Check the school websites for this.
2. Scholarships given by companies or foundations of your native country.

Aside from that most schools have loan agreements with financial institutions. The interest rates are pretty low (prime for my school), you don't have to start paying until a few months after you finish and you have a long time to pay back (20yrs in my case).

Also, your chances of being admitted, especially if it's a top school are a lot better if you have some work experience under your belt.