Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Say No to Facebook !

georgie24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If your in LTR status or hunting to build one make sure she isnt a facebooker.... it takes 2 to build and maintain a homefront. Do you want her taking pride in the homefront or living on FB ?

I speak from experience, FB has absolutely no place in the begining phases of building LTR's !

Its either she picks the homefront or FB!

be smart men

PokerInTheRear

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just became 'friends' with my ltr on facialbook. God I pussed out! She kept bugging me about it and I finally caved.

Total bull**** - going to deactivate my account.

I read your other post, what happened with you two and the Facebook thing?

PokerInTheRear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, get your age showing on your profile.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
HOw can these biarches have 455 friends?

Young Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on you gen. Under 28? Probably were in college when it was college only and not everyone on earth. Over 28? Outside of getting in touch with and keeping up with old friends outta state, pretty stale.

Fingerling

Don Juan
Reaction score
totally agree, my girlfriend was on it all the time. so it was either me or FB. she went for me, but i was surpised at the decision.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If your girlfriend is on FB all the time, it's either because:

- You made a crummy choice for a girlfriend...a vapid flake who's only good for pump-n-dump anyway, or...

- You're so boring that she'd rather be on FB than with you

Either way, you fail. :p

TomSwift

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't get all the facebook hate, but maybe it's because I'm old and don't use it "properly" enough. Can someone give some good examples of why they would avoid FB? I get the part about someone spending all their time on it, and I guess I wouldn't date a girl who spent such an imbalanced amount of time on ANYTHING (FB, TV, etc.), but what else specifically? Are you just insecure that she has so many "friends" or is using it as a tool to get other guys?

I dunno, help me understand.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I promote parties.
the more friends I have the more my parties have exposure.
its a good side thing, i get to meet tons of women.

Rounder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Abnormal amounts of FB use is a red flag in my book. Many of these girls are attention *****s and it's just another avenue for them.

My girl was my dance teacher and she "friended" me long before we got together. I enjoyed her posts, she is an intelligent, outgoing, positive woman, and FB was part of the reason I became attracted to her. She posts status updates most everyday and posts pictures a couple of times a week. She posts pictures of us, of me, our horses, our dogs, our garden, etc. It's within the realm of "normal" use and I'm cool with it.

Everything in moderation is a general rule of thumb for me.

There are men and women I've unfriended due to their repeated obnoxious posts and constant activity on FB.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are single, in my opinion the best thing you can do is get off Facebook if you're on it. Unless your account is completely information-free, it removes a lot of the mystery and allows too many people to peer into your lives. Not to mention it wastes your own time.

I have nothing against connecting with old acquaintances, but that gets old quickly. Meanwhile, as a Facebook "user," you are not a customer. Rather, you are an asset for the company to use as leverage as it rakes in billions from advertising. What amazes me is how people on Facebook (and not just teenagers) think nothing of "liking" a corporation, thereby advertising it for free. Time was, being a corporate tool was frowned upon. So was volunteering private information. No more.

Of course, what you're getting out of it is "connections." If you really think this enhances your happiness, more power to you. I find it overrated. My wife and I have both been off Facebook about a year and we don't miss it. I do maintain a page for my website (using a generic account) but based on my blog stats, Facebook has a minimal impact on traffic. Yes, blogging can be construed as a "time waster" too but I love to write, and prefer to operate a largely one-way conduit of information that I think others might find entertaining or useful. (I.e. not inane status updates.)

As far as meeting women and getting laid, again I think its impact is minimal. You still need to go out and meet women in the field; online resources are just one tool in the toolbox.

Lastly, not to get political, but let's put to rest that Facebook and/or Twitter somehow fomented revolution in the Arab world. Protests and coups happen because of circumstances. Maybe social networking helped, but in Egypt those sites were shut down and people still found a way to communicate and organize. I find it laughable that Facebook is given so much credit for world events. Give me a break.

(No one here has claimed that - more a criticism of what I've read in the news.)

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me of all the old timers that said texting has no place. Now it does. Recoginize that facebook is a tool, your use could help or hurt. My facebook account was started before facebook owned facebook.com, and i haven't really used it that much. Usually I tell chicks I don't have one, but I could be putting a facebook profile to good use.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a facebook and my relationship status is on there. I dont really care, to be honest, it was just one of those things that happened. I removed my "single" tag, she changed hers to "in a relationship", so then I had to...lol the whole thing just sounds gay when I type it out. Probably because it is :rolleyes:

I've been toying with just getting rid of it for months now, but I keep staying on because I get a lot of joy out of roasting my friends and their dumb status updates. I think not having one is a smart idea, but if you do have one just be really careful of what photos get tagged of you and what people post on your wall. Your job, your school, your gf(s), all have eyes.

TomSwift

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly I really would love to know how y'all have been burned by being on Facebook. I use it, I like it, my friends and I can keep in touch in creative ways....then again I'm not addicted to it nor is my girl addicted to it, maybe a shared link here and there and a status update every few days.

What am I missing? Why do you guys think it is so awful?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Facebook or don't Facebook, whatever you do, do it because you want to and not because of what a pickup forum tells you.

I don't Facebook myself, but practically every girl I know does. It doesn't bother me any one way or the other, it's certainly not a dealbreaker.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women that use facebook/twitter are in the same group as young men that sit around at net cafes playing video games on a friday and saturday night.

On a side note I'm typing this up from a net cafe as I don't have adsl set up at home right now, place is packed with young people yelling and screaming about some lame video games.

Think about it, does the rest of the world really care about what you do every minute of your life or want to know what you ate for breakfast etc.

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can spot those attention ho's a mile away. They have 50+ pics taken in a mirror with their phone wearing some low-cut shirt. Then about 50 comments from FB male orbiters saying, "You look good girl. How come you never call me?"

Knight's Cross

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Facebook is here, you can blast it, join it, or just ignore it. That said, my own opinion is to ignore it. Career wise it's not a good option for me. Dating wise, it's easier to remain a challenge if you don't have a Facebook page. You are an unknown. That always works to your advantage. As far as it being a bad predictor in a woman, anything that's addictive is a bad predictor. Too many shoes, eating issues, 5000 friends AW behavior. They're all bad omens.
KC