Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Saw Ex of 5 Years at Movies Last Night

Delly2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very interesting evening last night. I went to go see Harry Potter with this girl I have been dating on and off for years. So my ex of 5 years (of which I broke up with about a year ago) showed up with her now husband who she been seing for a year. When I told her I was moving last year (we had been broken up about a two months or so) about a month later she told me she met this guy and they were serious. Before we split she asked me to marry her adn I told her I wasnt ready so we split ways.

So this is how it played out. Me and the girl I was with was in line to get Nachos and the ex pretended like she didnt see me like I did her but it was virtually impossible not too as she was only 5 feet away with her husband and some other woman. They came in a group. So she left her husband to go find the others in the theater. At this point I wasn't sure what I was feeling. It wasn't jealousy. It wasn't pain. I think it was nervousness of the situation. No one could tell how I felt...not even the girl with me.

In the theater I made a point to sit on the other side of the theater and in front so I couldnt see her. Although I could hear her laughing out loud on several occasions so the whole theater could hear her before the movie started i choose not to look. When we left her and her group stayed in their seats and I just pretended I didn't see her and walked out. I didnt try to make her jealous with cuddling with the plate or holding hands etc. I just kept things normal.

I could honestly say she was wife material. A real good woman. But I couldnt get past her weight. If she managed to become a skinny minny it probably would have been a match made in heaven. I just couldnt get past it mentally.

Just one of those things. Concerning the situation I guess I did alright by just playing it cool. I can honestly say I am over her. Not sure what the nervousness was about.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delly2000 said:
But I couldnt get past her weight. If she managed to become a skinny minny it probably would have been a match made in heaven.
and if i had wheels i'd be a wagon. :)

acw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting...you stayed with her for "5 yrs...and she had a weight problem."

I assume she had the weight problem while you two were together....Correct?

Delly2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes she did. All my fault really. She had a cute face. Thought I could get past it but couldnt. Was suppose to be just fun. But she was a real good woman. And it went on for 5 years while I was spinning other plates.

acw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finding the Perfect mate...is like a Mirage. You see it in the distance...but when you go for the drink of water...its not there!

Sounds like you are Growing and Developing. Maybe, you will grow from this experience and compromise on your standards of thinness.

We all age...and some of us...age by putting on weight (sigh).

Sounds like the breakup was you decision...and perhaps for the best.

If she was a good woman, then she deserves someone who will make her happy.

thanks for sharing!

AC

LeftyLoosey

Don Juan
Reaction score
acw said:
Finding the Perfect mate...is like a Mirage. You see it in the distance...but when you go for the drink of water...its not there!

Sounds like you are Growing and Developing. Maybe, you will grow from this experience and compromise on your standards of thinness.

We all age...and some of us...age by putting on weight (sigh).

Sounds like the breakup was you decision...and perhaps for the best.

If she was a good woman, then she deserves someone who will make her happy.

thanks for sharing!

AC
Umm, who let this guy in here?

Thanks for sharing.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mistake...

Knight's Cross

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So let me get this right. You broke it off because you choose to be maintain a healthy weight and she doesn't. How is that your fault? That she's not thin, and doesn't want to stay thin.
You made the right move. You walked away. Never compromise on weight. I'm sure she's got lots of other good qualities, but a woman that can't maintain a figure will just undermine your relationship. My Ex began putting on weight, and know what I did....that's right ejected. It's their problem, which if you stay in the relationship becomes your problem when they develop Type 2 Diabetes, not to mention what it does to your sex drive....nope if you don't want to hit it, you aren't going to be happy long term.
KC

Satin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with several of the responses above. It's not right or wrong for her weight to be an issue for you. It's to your credit that you're honest about it with yourself and were willing to act on it, rather than trying to pretend you don't have an issue with it and then getting in too deep (marriage, etc), only to have it blow up in your face.

Also, you did her a service by breaking it off before wasting any more of her time. Good job.

satin

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the weight thing is soemthing you need to nip in the bud. It's fairly rare that women lose weight of the course of a relationship, especially women who are big to begin with.

I'm not sure why you went on for 5 years when this was a big enough issue for you to forgo marriage.

My red flag is her getting married so quickly after you guys broke up ... that is not healthy behavior. That right there should be your solace that you made a good decision. She was ready to get married to anyone who would do it which means she wasn't being selective enough.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
If I saw my ex of 25 years at the movies, I'd hurl into my popcorn cup.
If I saw my ex i'd leave!

What's the point of staying somewhere that will make you uncomfortable? Just to "act normal" and show that you're over it?

What if i'm over it and I just don't want to have to deal with her being in the same theater as I try to enjoy a weekend with my new girl?

I would just have left. I have a car, life is too precious to stay in awkward moments where you can get away instead. Spending 2 hours watching a movie but having my ex on the back of my mind is not enjoying myself it's called torture.

ZenoB

Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
Spending 2 hours watching a movie but having my ex on the back of my mind is not enjoying myself it's called torture.
True but it sounds like he handled it as best anyone could without running away. Well done.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delly2000 said:
Yes she did. All my fault really. She had a cute face. Thought I could get past it but couldnt. Was suppose to be just fun. But she was a real good woman. And it went on for 5 years while I was spinning other plates.
So you were smashing other gals for 5 years?

acw

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Oh Wow!...Show me your muscles!"

LOL....Another tough dude...(sigh)....

Does my post upset your "sense-abilities?...Tough guy!"

LeftyLoosey said:
Umm, who let this guy in here?

Thanks for sharing.