Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Salsa!

Rusty_87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any salsa enthusiasts out there?

I have been taking some salsa lessons recently, and i must say.... im getting pretty decent at it. However, i have a hard time applying it in clubs and stuff. I mean, is it alright to use some salsa when the club is playing hip-hop/trance music? Like spins.... and just the basic steps.

Do any of u guys do this? And if so, how do u get with the rhythm. Salsa beats r very much different from hip-hop or trance music.

I would appreciate any input.
Heh, i sound like such a dork. But yeah, i dont club much.:p

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I salsa too. Being selective in which moves you use in a non-Salsa clubs can show your dancing prowess; but understand, you are not dancing the Salsa! Myself, I just use a lot of the hip movements while in a trace club when the tempo is very fast.

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rusty_87 said:
Any salsa enthusiasts out there?

Do any of u guys do this? And if so, how do u get with the rhythm. Salsa beats r very much different from hip-hop or trance music.
you're right man it is different, but that's why you learn to get rhythm and from that you can apply basic body movement. i'm not saying pull out the salsa moves while at that club, but learning how to dance to the music is important.

if salsa is your thing, then u'll need to find a club that plays salsa music. i know a few places in the city that has a room dedicated to just that and its in a club that plays house and hip-hop. so i would think one is better off finding a place that plays that type of music than not, but if you like the game that goes on in those hip-hop or trance clubs, then game girls to find out if they dance to salsa and then take them to a club that has that music.

Rusty_87

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm i see

Thanks for the replies!

I see both your points. But, ive never really been able to dance in hiphop/trance/house clubs. I just couldnt follow the beats/rhythms. With salsa, its a good balance. There are steps u must know, but there is also enough room for freedom. Basically, with any salsa songs (even modern, hip-hoppy ones) i can dance to because i kinda know what to do. Never really felt the same way about hiphop/trance/house. Or maybe thats just because i havent been out clubbing since ive learnt salsa =P

You guys have any advice for me? It sucks just sitting there in clubs! I guess i could just hold the girl's hips and just kinda move my hips... kinda salsa-ish? Perhaps small little spins.... or half-spins so i can get behind her and grind? hehe :rockon:

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start going to salsa clubs, become a regular in the scene. I have not used it as a pick up scene for ONS although it wouldn't be hard, I have seen others do it, but all the girls I that I would date disqualify those guys in a minute. If your decent you can also use it as a good pick up scene for girls to date seriously.

Salsa scenes are pretty small when it comes down to it, outside of a few cities you can't really hide, especially if you are a better dancer. The really amazing dancers basically have harem's, most of the girlls I know won't have anything to with those guys, besides dancing, because there is no "secret society" in a salsa scene, everyone knows who is fvcking who.

If you want to use the stuff you learned at clubs just do some twirls, should work. I'm a bit of a salsa snob at this point so my advice is slanted.

Rusty_87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump!

Cammon guys! I know there are some phenomenal dancers on here.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rusty_87 said:
Cammon guys! I know there are some phenomenal dancers on here.
You said the magic word, "some." :p