Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rushing Dude's Life Journal

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am here on my pursuit for life and to succeed in all the difficult challenges I have set for myself both mentally, physically and spirituality.

This is not going to be a usual journal and it is not going to really involve women at all, so if you wanted to look at that side, my old journal is linked on to my signature, which should have more than enough in that area. This journal has been created to set my current state and progress to my goals every week. I always found this site very useful in this manner, so I think a weekly update here could be quite beneficial to me.

There also may be areas in my challenges that you guys may know a lot on, so I would appreciate any advice here or if you wanted to just leave a comment that is kool too.

Ok lets get this started.

Challenges

• To run a Marathon in Liverpool in October 2012 in 2 hours and 59 minutes. I have done a marathon in Scotland it took me 4 and 30 mins to complete, but i was on a 3 hour pace, but on the 14th mile my calf got tight and I had to limp run the rest. So i have to be able to maintain my speed all the way through it.

• London to Brighton cycling in June 2012. I have not really got a time goal for this one seeing I will be cycling with a friend, but anyway near the 4 hour mark is a good time.

• Track I am hoping in the next 3 years to get my time from 59 seconds in 400m to 49.9. This is definetly not going to be easy, but I am now actually properly training 2 times a week with a head running coach who is one of the best in the country.

• I am also hoping to do a Triathelon in 2013, I am doing all three sports, but I havn't got a time target for this one yet.

• My biggest challenge as of yet is to Swim the british channel, it will cost me like £2000 and I am going to train 3 years for this, this requires the equivalence of me swimming 1250 lengths in a 33m pool. Pretty tough...but it can be done with a lot of hard work and heart.

• Other goals is to get an extremely good standard in fencing and boxing along with a martial art like jiu jitsu. My fencing is pretty good and i have taught it in the past, boxing has only been taking to training as a hobbie for 3 years and no actual matches it has been a while since i boxed. Jiu jitsu, I have tried 2 times only, but really liked the level of intelligence of it as well as skill by using body weight and positioning.

ok lets get off the sport...

• 1st class degree in Psychology. I am currently a little bit under a 1st class for my second year at the moment, but I will work extra hard and average a 1st out and do good in my last year.

• Become fluent in spanish within 2 years, I have been learning for a year now and I am taking classes, so there is still a lot of work here. After this I will work on Portuguese and Italian seeing they are quite similar.

• I am also wishing to do some retakes in A level in Physics and Chemistry and get 2 A's. I like fitness and the mind, but I am a very scientific guy in heart and I apply principles from physics a lot during my life in sports and understanding. So I think they would look quite good on my CV and the knowledge alone is worth it. I may have to wait till my uni is over though, because it is quite a lot to do along with sports.

• Last challenge is to become a DJ and a leader of my own life. I am not talking about the girl aspect. I mean the mindset and the type of person that sticks to his values and dosn't change them for the values of others. The type of person who would stand for something even if that person stands alone.
Side Challenges

These are just some little hobbies I like but not too important and I do them for fun when I can.

- Learn to play numerous songs on guitar. I know how to a few chords, but at the moment with uni and such I don't have time for it. Maybe during my holidays I can.

- Becoming a really good dancer. Well I am lot better dancer than I use to be and I am currently taking salsa lessons, but still need to feel the music rather than just do the steps....U know actually dance.

- Becoming really good at pool. I am above average and win majority of my matches, but my ball placement isn't perfect and needs to be worked on and my spins as well.

- Become really good at massage. I would say I am pretty good at massage I took a 2 week course a few years ago and some other courses, it has also been a very useful tool as well in some instances. Think i may do a free 1 week course in the summer and that should do it.

- Rollerskating, haha this one is quite fun I do it once a month in a rollerdisco place, just trying some new tricks out when I come, but nothing too fancy yet.

Other than everything is good, I am in a relationship and I got a pretty decent job I enjoy that I work regularly but not too much.

I will list my weekly update down below every week, so this will not take much time, but allows me to record progress and see where I need to put more effort in.

Last edited:

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok this week has been a good week sport wise, my body looks stronger and more cut, I am 5ft 9 and currently weigh 188lbs. Only problem has been on my assingment side and spanish side I do find it quite difficult to concentrate whilst doing sport then studying, I think by getting 9 hours sleep has helped that because my body needs it.

Running:
Running is going great I am getting back to how I use to be and learning new techniques to get faster. My coach is teaching me how to drive properly and I am slowly starting to get it, but not there yet having a bit of trouble switching from tip toe running rather than have toes pointed up and driving forward as it hits the ground. I may need a month or so to get a really good standard at this, but my pace should be a lot faster with this. i have noticed it dosn't take much energy to sprint because I am using a lot more muscles. Will be getting trained tommorow on more technique work so looking forward to that. I do feel that I need to do a bit more longer distance work for my marathon in October, so may run a few miles just a bit in the morning 3-4 times a week.

Swimming:
Swimming I am now in the fast lane and getting bit more comfortable with speed, but finding it hard to maintain speed over longer distance, my friend made a few adjustments in my technique so I use my hips more which worked nice today even after a gym session, but it is just going to need practise. Also found a cool swimming website called swimming smooth which is really good. I just think I need to kick less and use the hips more and some how get it coordinated with my arms.

Cycling: I have got a new Racer bike, but need to change the handles because I can do the bottom grip seeing it comprimises my safety and control. I don't mind riding a bit slower as long as I am comfortable and in control. Again getting use to riding fast over a long time, but I am decently fast at this however need to work on getting more faster for 4 hour in 56 miles. We cycle in a park so there is a lot of turning and slowing down so I am hoping it will be a bit easier on the day seeing it will be a bit more straight.

Gym: Gym is going great, I was lifting much heavier today and even suprised myself. I am doing my sets a little bit more faster now to work on power ( I think that is correct, It is however advised for power training to do 30% rm fast and many reps and 90rm 6-8 reps, but i am not sure if this needs to be fast also?) I did however do some lighter weights to work more on speed as well. So that I am faster for my sports. I also included some explosive strength exercises such as scissor lunges with dumbells for running.

Boxing, fencing and jiu jutsu: Havn't found time yet for this , but I am looking to do boxing once a week from wednesday. Then I will wait for another gap and put the others there.

Degree: hmm well I have got a work a bit more on here and I am looking to finish my assingments early so I can get the tutor to have a look to make some suggestions. I need some time for this so Ill start this after I am done here.

Spanish: This is getting kind of difficult to keep up with seeing I am usually quite tired from sports to do good revision on this. So i need to get more sleep. because I was getting 6-7 hours before and this was not helping, I know I now need 9 hours without a doubt. I read very well, but my conversations are not too strong unless conversation is simple and said slowly.

Dance: this is pretty tough I find it hard to have fun and do correctly it is either one or the other. I have learnt quite a lot of new moves though and I am moving my body a lot better.

DJ/Leader: I have lately become more me again and I will go my own way and not stick with the crowd, I will not adjust my timetable waiting on others. I will also not put myself out there for anyone who dosn't do the same for me. I don't really care as much as I did before on what people thought of me and I usually stand up for what is right. I have now found more better friends who are on the same level as me with a mutual respect for our time and presence. I have become like I use to and I can feel that heart come back and seeing the life in the world again. I still have a lot more improvement here but I am getting there.

That is my update for now so from the looks of it, my sport side can just be maintained and maybe drop a gym session this week on my days off and use it to do my assignments and recover. Spanish I will see if I can give 2 or 3 extra hours for this and hopefully with my sleep I can then concentrate on doing it on the train or bus.

oxford comma

Don Juan
Reaction score
for guitar, pick up a book called the principles of correct practice for guitar by jamie andreas. its like 30 bucks but is by far the best guitar learning resource available. its just a book explaining exercises to get your fingers to do what you tell them. i sucked until i started doing what she says now im almost at a professional level and ive only been doing her exercises for a little over a year. also, youtube is a great resource for learning songs as well as ultimateguitar.com. but i cant praise jamie's book enough.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
welcome back

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxford comma: Thanks for the advice on the guitar book I have been looking quite a while for one. ill see if i can get on ebay during the summer when I got a bit of free time from university.

Macalik: Thanks bro

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2

Running:
Still trying to extend my stride and use the drive, my technique is getting better on track. However I been a bit tired doing my assingment and work to include running in morning in my regime so far.

Swimming:
Technique is getting slight bit better, I am still trying to get use this new pattern in my legs when I don't kick so much. Front crawl is becoming more effective. I'm going to try 3 front crawls and 1 breast stroke ratios, to allow recovery and try and keep a fast past on them. I need more work the float on legs.

Cycling:
My cycling partner was sick so I just went to gym+swimming instead. I have got my place booked for the race in June. I got on the website 6 minutes after opening and I was in a que of 2000 lol, I was quite fortunate to still get a cheap rate.

Gym: I am doing those faster reps seeing my running coach said it was good for my speed. I will encoporate some partial reps too, so i don't just run all on momentum. My pull ups and tricep dips are getting better as well, I am super setting them together 8-10 reps x 3 sets and not needing much weight assistance, but still need some to keep posture.

Boxing, fencing, jiutsu: Will leave for 2-3 weeks Once my last report is done so i can comfortably add to regime. May include boxing 1 day a week next week though, if i complete report early.

Degree: I literally had to stop fitness for last 3 days due to an assingment which really sucked, but I got my body recovered again, i feel like i lost a bit of muscle, but I will get it back soon enough tommorow.

Spanish: Really struggling here, it is tough to keep up when i'm really busy. I think what I got do is finish this report by weekend and I can get some time here for this.

Dance: Dance is going really well, I am starting to finally get salsa a lot better, I stopped thinking and now I am just doing it and making less mistakes.

DJ/Leader: I noticed I still have my social skills from meeting new people, which I am happy about. I went forward and back on the leader thing. I had a girl in uni who kind of took the piss with my help, I felt the situation was handled relatively good, but I felt I should avoid these people at all cost, people that want all help and give nothing back really. I still need to cut my ties with a few people and not rely on them and stick to my good friends as well as being more independant in anything I do. I am not quite there yet with my DJ mindset, but I know what I have to do and I have it a lot more regularly.

To be honest I just feel I need to get my uni work sorted and then everything else will fall in line, then I can do fitness and spanish regularly rather than this stop and start thing. I need to master a comfortable lifestyle of being proactive rather than reactive. most important thing is that I still have my eyes in life and I intend to keep them.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Rushing,

I am in London too.

Just interested in ur age, and your division of time in these pursuits....

Seems like a hell of alot to acheive......What spurred you on to do this? Are you happy in your relationship? Do you think its gonna cause any probs?

I hope your not offended at me asking this = I wish you well in these endeavours. I am just starting up again in the social world, doing new things, meeting new peeps after diasterous end to a relationship, and am taking my time - perhaps I should take a leaf out of your book!

Tony

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Rushing,

I am in London too.

Seems like a hell of alot to acheive......What spurred you on to do this? Are you happy in your relationship? Do you think its gonna cause any probs?

I hope your not offended at me asking this = I wish you well in these endeavours. I am just starting up again in the social world, doing new things, meeting new peeps after diasterous end to a relationship, and am taking my time - perhaps I should take a leaf out of your book!

Tony

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TonyBaloney said:
Hey Rushing,

I am in London too.

Tony
Hey Tony,

I'm not offended at all they are good questions and quite relevant for my weekly update actually.

I am 22, the reason why I decided to do this is because when I was younger I was a pretty smart kid, but I was unhappy with my life, all the character traits i wished to have I didn't have apart from a good sense of humour and ambition. I was not very social at all, not very confident, no real courage either, not a leader (of myself), couldn't talk to a girl to save my life. I use to just play video games all day and I started to think what a waste of my time and then I started to think of the things I could become and everything I could achieve, my eyes were open.

I came to this website and read all the material and reassesed my life and went through a drastic change. I sold my games and ps2, started to approach people start conversations. From that point my life changed and all those qualities i lacked started to turn into my biggest strengths about me ironically. That was the start, but I found something much more important than being good with many women, it was my own resolve within myself and every dream I had back when I was a kid day dreaming I wanted to make a reality. I don't know man I just want to do something great with my life, it is such a gift and it shouldn't be wasted. At the same time though I do feel I can go a slight bit over the top sometimes and I start to lose sight of what is important, which is my own resolve and not what looks kool for others to see me has.

Am I happy in my relationship, good question, the honest answer is it is going pretty tough at the moment, my girlfriend is very good to me and patient, but I think she can't handle my drive for these goals anymore and complains I don't spend any quality time with her. This is kind of true, but I don't know there is not much time I have left, because I got so many things I am doing that are very important to me. I was able to make it up to her on the weekend by giving it to her, however my uni assignment suffered because I delayed it and planned to use the weekend for that. I was not happy with the assignment I put in today and it's not her fault, but the time has to come somewhere and sacrafices do have to be made. So yeah it does cause quite a lot of probs.

Haha I do hope you all the best on your endeavours as well, you can take a leaf out of my book, but maybe not too many my world is kind of unstable at the moment and I have to make a decision quite soon how I will resolve it, because at the moment it is too much and ending up to be counterproductive. I think you have everything pretty much down though Tony from the sounds of it.

Week 3:

So yeah this week wasn't a good week, in terms of uni assignment I had to rush it today and it cut into my spanish and training. In terms of me being a leader I think I did a pretty good job I did a presentation with my group in a lecture hall and got a really good reaction from the audience, I was nervous just before, but it went all away when I got up there so that was a highlight of the week. I do feel that I am too busy for people though, there is a lot of people trying to talk to me and I would like to talk to them, but I was under pressure with that assingment so that really sucks. I know if I just plan things better and do everything early my life could be so smooth and effective.

Another note of the week is I feel I got a lot faster, I was sprinting and my legs maintained a really good speed much more longer than normal, I think my legs got a rest and recovered. It might be due to me playing football again which boosted my stamina with quick bursts.

I don't really want to post this, it just sounds like a lot of complaining from me and dosn't sound like something u guys really want to read, but that was how the week was for me so I will post it anyway.

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 4:

This week has been a hard week. I have been working constantly and I feel I could be doing more.

Good news: I have got faster in track, my legs feel different and I am getting my stride now and it feels so great to run, I really LOVE running and feeling the momentum in my legs driving me forward strong. I think this is the best my technique has ever been as of yet.

Salsa is going pretty good I am at the next level. Spanish has also gone very well and I have advanced to the next level and going to be taking new classes in mid april.

I have also registered for all my new exams I am going to be doing a mechanics unit and physics. All i have to do now is get A's in them and my CV will not really have any weak points.

Went to a business 2012 event in London, it was very insightful and I think I got some ideas me and my friends are going to discuss for a business. It dosn't take much commitment in terms of time it's just setting something up and it will run its self more or less. This should hopefully be on the way in 1-2 weeks during my holidays.

Improvements that could be made for the future from this week:

Ok so swimming and gym are being maintained, but I don't feel i'm improving seeing I havn't had as much time this week as I like, due to work. I felt I have lost my resolve with my leadership/Djness I started caring what people were thinking about me again and starting to leave my world to enter others. That should never be done especially with those who have never shown anything to me.

My girlfriend as well is also finding this time difficult. On a seperate not I have also learnt not to depend on other people when something is important to you, do it yourself and don't wait on or rely on favours. If you want a job done right sometimes you have to do it yourself.

RokyRoc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey RD123,

How long has it been? I am glad to see that you are taking charge of your life again. It seems that you have a good idea of the direction you want it to take and are pursuing that to the best of your abilities. Congratulations!

Now for a few suggestions (man I feel like I'm coming out of retirement for this): For running especially at high levels you basically have 2 speeds Sprint and Stride. The difference is that sprinting drains your energy while striding should help restore some energy. Alternating between the two when training as well as racing. I am sure your coach tells you this but keep up the resting regimen as strictly as you are doing the workout because the muscles will need time to recover (diet is key in this regard).

Spanish: try working in reading Spanish news into your day. Although it will not help your conversation much, it will help you familiarize yourself with the grammar nuances. If you have the time I think there may be Spanish-speaking people who want to practice their English. Learning a new language by yourself is a tough one (I have been trying to learn French on my own...).

As for what other people think, make sure you have a mental filter: (Is what they are saying able to help me improve?) if the answer is no then forget it. If yes, then think how you can use that feedback to tweak your current system. There will always be things that we cannot see ourselves and that we will need others to remind us of. Sometimes it may not come in the most seductive fashion.

Keep up the good work!