Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Running on the treadwill versus ski-like machine

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
When I do cardio, I usually run-walk for around 25 minutes on the treadmill or do the ski-like machine (swing handle bars back and forth and do a cycling motion)

The wierd thing is, when I run on the treadmill It is very tiring and I sweat real bad. On the other machine, which seems less tiring and tourtous...I burn about 30% more calories. I just find it funny how on the easier machine, I fatigue less and sweat less, but burn more calories. I would think fat loss has to do with calorie burning as supposed to how tired you feel, correct?

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No Pain No Gain

I'd still use the treadmill if i were you.

Read Diesel's Cutting Thread!

*new*

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cross training machine is easy to use and it does burn calories.
I gave much more weight with it than I ever did with threadmills.
I think for cardio (not talking about HIIT here) the machine(if you use one of course) that you can easily work with helps you better.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take it you are getting your caloric burn information from the digital read-out on these machines.

I've always questioned the accuracy of that information.

I personally believe that running is one of the best, most efficient
ways of burning calories.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by prosemont
I take it you are getting your caloric burn information from the digital read-out on these machines.

I've always questioned the accuracy of that information.

I personally believe that running is one of the best, most efficient
ways of burning calories.
That is correct Prosemont

-HPNOTQ-

Don Juan
Reaction score
a past men's health magazine article said that digital readout's from cardio machines can be up to 30% inaccurate. that means, if it reads out that you burned 400 cals....you actually only burned 280 cals.

in every magazine that i have read that compared different cardio machines on caloric burn, the treadmill won out on EVERY article.

there's a really good reason that you're sweating harder while you're running vs doing the elipical machine. you're burning more calories.

men's health tip: put the treadmill on a 2% incline. with this degree of incline, it will most mimic real life running. on a 0% grade, you're pretty much just lifting your feet and letting the ground move underneath.

-HQ

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say go with the one that makes you feel more fatigued. The key, of course, is keeping your heartrate over a certain level for a specified period of time... the implement you use to do that becomes secondary.

Obviously, you would prefer an exercise that uses the whole body as it would presumably burn more calories.. but you also have to keep in mind the effort involved in doing the exercise.

If you want to get the best cardio exercise hands-down, learn to use the Concept II Rowing Ergometer (if your gym has one).. if not, try the Versa Climber or a cross-country skiing simulator...

if you can't get your hands on any of those.. just use a StairMaster on "Interval Training" or use "Manual Setting" and crank it up..

I've always thought the Elliptical machines were for girls..

D