Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ronnie on Jersey Shore

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question for the lifting experts on here, what exactly do you have to do to get Ronnie's build? I'm guessing he's pretty short but he's literally solid muscle with no body fat from what I can see. And what the hell does he do to all his body hair I wonder? It can't be just shaving

I'm sure there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff we're not seeing but how can they maintain those bodies with drinking every night, not getting enough sleep, eating huge carb meals, etc?

I'm just curious. There's got to be some heavy juicing going on or something behind the cameras

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would think there would be some juicing going on. But I would also say there is most likely a ton of stuff they do not show. We have no idea what he really eats, how he really works out, etc.

And that goes for all 3 of them. The very few times they show them at the gym, they aren't doing anything. And they are all extremely ripped. I'm just thinking back to a couple episodes ago when they were at the gym. Mike was slowly walking on a treadmill and Pauly was just using a tricep machine with total ease. That's all they show.

I don't keep up with the show too much, but I though I saw that Mike is a personal trainer. Not sure if you know any personal trainers, but they live and breathe health. These cast members are actors, and we have no idea what percentage of their time there we actually see.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
not sure

they only film for a month in the summer if what I heard was correct, I am sure they work out pretty hard the other 11. All three of those guys have attainable bodies I think, but ronnie is obviously the biggest. To achieve this body, bulk up on a high protein diet, compound lifts (squat/bench/weighted dips/shoulder press/etc), and cut for about 2 months.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WhitePimp said:
I'm guessing he's pretty short but he's literally solid muscle with no body fat from what I can see. s
No body fat? Ronnie has body fat. His abs arnt really that visible. im guessing hes between 14 and 16%.

escobar04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ronnie is really short and stocky

he is also an obvious user, first season gave it away

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
they all admitted to being on steroids except for vinnie lol

other than that, man you italians and those of italian descent eat well. my italian friends are always eating.

but yeah to answer you, steroids.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
powpow said:
they all admitted to being on steroids except for vinnie lol
Where did you hear that? It's not that I don't believe you, I would just like to see it. Shocked they would admit that.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
Where did you hear that? It's not that I don't believe you, I would just like to see it. Shocked they would admit that.

They NEVER said this....why would they admit this?? LOL

Especially when they're obviously all trying to make it in Hollywood now.....gotta love how people just like to make sh%t up on the internet.

Secondly, I'm not saying that they don't use because some of them definitely look the part, BUT I find it incredibly funny how most dudes who don't fully dedicate themselves CONSISTENTLY year in and year out to a precise diet and workout routine are always quick to say steroids when they see a dude with a great build. A little resentment maybe? Of course! Because they need to feel better about something they will never have or the knowledge on how to achieve.

Now again I'm not saying they don't juice, it definitely looks that way sometimes, BUT you would be quiet amazed at what the body can morph into if given the proper food ratios consistently over the years.

PIMP

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno what the guys look like, but in any industry, including show business, where your image makes you money dudes are gonna use anything they can to help. If someone said to me, "okay, take this stuff to provide a better life for your family", I wouldn't even think twice about it. With anabolics its not like you just take the stuff and sit back and eat donuts. You still gotta train hard and eat right, etc. They help a lot with recovery and helping to make gains faster. However, you'll lose everything you gained during your cycle if you don't have the work ethic and discipline to train/eat right after you come off.

I'm an experienced user, and other than transient "test flu" and soreness from shots, I've never had any other significant side effects. I've spent 3.5 years of my life as a male entertainer, including 2 years as a student, where looking good and taking my clothing off for women was my primary source of income. It was what was putting food on my table, keeping a roof over my head, and paying my tuition. I used anabolics at low doses to help stay lean. I also cycled them and in many cases took large chunks of time off them. Today I no longer dance, but I am a competitive bodybuilder. I have no issues justifying my use of anabolics in any of these situations. I wouldn't be on if I wasn't competing or in a position where my build was making me money... I just don't see the point.

I've never understood why the media and society-at-large seems to demonize anabolics, while seemingly glorifying things like alcohol. Cigarettes and alcohol help to kill hundreds of thousands of people annually in North America. Extrapolate this over the entire world and the number is in the millions. Just look at these numbers:

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/ardi.htm

There's virtually no documented cases of anabolics killing anyone. I'm sure they have contributed to deaths in complex ways, but they're harder to link to deaths from a corelation/regression analysis standpoint vs. the aforementioned. SCD (sudden cardiac death) cases, etc that are linked w/ anabolics typically have other complex underlying issues as well. The same can be said for suicides linked to AAS use.

The media expects guys to look jacked up, and many self-entitled fat biitches expect their guys to look like this as well. Our pro athletes are paid millions of dollars to be bigger, stronger and faster than their competition. Yet we equate anabolics with evil. This kind of hypocrisy is not cool.

I do believe that anabolics can be used relatively safely provided that the user is prudent, educated individual who's conservative with his doses and has appropriate medical surveillance. Remember these are POWERFUL drugs and will phuck you up if you don't use em right... so don't come out and cry how doing a dbol only cycle gave you biitch tits, because you won't have my sympathy. I also don't think that you should be using unless you're in a place where your looks/build/athletic performance is netting you cash or has the potential to do so.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I'm personally against the use of steroids, so I'm simply not going to comment on that fact that you use. It's my opinion, and you are entitled to yours.

What I will comment on is the use among athletes. Yes, I want to see the athletes I watch become strong and faster, as that makes for a more entertaining game. However, I do NOT want it to be because of substances. There are so many reasons why I think its wrong in these cases. 1) They aren't getting bigger and faster to please fans. They are doing it for higher salaries. This drastically hurts the pay and competitiveness of an athlete that is staying clean. 2) The more these clean athletes become obsolete, the sooner in life athletes will begin taking roids. In no time, you are gonna see crazy parents giving their 12-year old kids HGH to give them an "edge". 3) Along the same lines of abusing them... people look up to atheletes arguably more than anyone else. Steroids use would skyrocket if pro athletes began using more (or we knew more about it). If there even is a "right" way to use steroids, I can bet an extremely small percentage of these impulse users will use them the "right" way.

As far as Jersey Shore, here are the guys:
Ronnie: http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/reali...rets-cheating-on-girlfriend-sammi-454x578.jpg
Mike: http://images.eonline.com/eol_image...293.jerseyshore.sorrentino.mike.lc.120909.jpg
Pauly: http://media.nj.com/entertainment_impact_celebrities/photo/9142185-large.jpg
Vinny: http://static.wetpaint.me/jersey/ROOT/photos/310/MTV_JerseyShore_Vinny223.jpg

I think it's safe to say Vinny doesn't use. It's possible none of them do, but Ronnie has always been the one to stand out.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for natural guys. I can't stress that enough. Believe me there's absolutely nothing fun about sticking an inch of steel into your quad or delt. I do it simply to stay competitive. Yes I love how I feel when I'm on, but I wouldn't be on unless I was competing.

PDubb I definitely value your opinion. However, its hard for me to logically respect it unless you're an MD, specifically an endocrinologist, or someone who's been in a position where you're making money off your build/looks or athletic performance.

I'm a health care professional, a critical care RN, and I have degrees in molecular bio and nursing w/ extensive course work in chem and pharmacology through out my post secondary. I've also made tens of thousands of dollars and put myself through university based on my build/looks. I also used to be a bobsledder and 60 m sprinter in my early 20s. I've worked/trained with a large variety of high level athletes as well as male entertainers, bodybuilders, etc. For example my trainer is an IFBB pro. These are people who are making money off their bodies, or competing in a high level athletic/fitness event. Based on talk to these individuals I can safely tell you that the use of anabolics is rampant among their ranks. You do it simply to stay competitive.

I'd say 60-70% of the guys in the male entertainment industry here are on something. We were pretty open with each other about what we use. I have my first bodybuilding comp later this year... I know I'll have to be on as my competition definitely will.

In the end man, its all about the money and status. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be an NFL superstar. The money, the women, the adoring fans and attention... gotta be awesome. Generally speaking, stuff that makes you money off your body or athletic ability is often associated with a lucrative income and life style. Even as a stripper, the amount of money you could make per unit time was crazy. I was averaging $250/stagette... that's in 15-30 minutes of performing. Its all cash all up front. You can do 2-3 stagettes and night on weekends after you come home from work... it'll take up 3-5 hours of your night, but you'll be $500-700 richer for it. Plus its hard not to like living that lifestyle. The combination of easy quick cash, female adulation, social/sexual confidence and swagger was fantastic. I have so many funny stories from my career.

As far as juicing in the pros, I have no doubt that the majority of the NFL is on something at some point in time. The human simply isn't meant to get the shiit kicked out of it like that all the time. As a pro you're gonna need stuff to help you heal, especially as you age. There's many things that are difficult to test for. Its all a matter of timing. Players have experts on hand that can tell them what to take and when to not get caught. I've seen this done w/ sprinters first hand. When there's millions of dollars involved teams will get experts to handle an athlete's enhancement. Many players hire their own trainers, etc.

So in conclusion PDubb, you probably just haven't been around higher level athletes, or competed in higher level power/speed/fitness sports. If you did you'd know how rampant anabolic use really is.

Last edited:

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get all that, but that doesn't make me thinking it's any better. It just makes me somewhat disappointed that it has come to that.

You are correct that I have no first hand training on the affects of anabolics, and you are correct that I have not spent extended periods of time around high level athletes. But never once have I heard anything even remotely positive in terms of side effects or long-term effects. That is enough for me to stick with my original thoughts of them.

In no way am I judging you, or anyone in particular that uses. I mean, who the hell am I to judge anyone? It's just my take on the subject.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
I get all that, but that doesn't make me thinking it's any better. It just makes me somewhat disappointed that it has come to that.

You are correct that I have no first hand training on the affects of anabolics, and you are correct that I have not spent extended periods of time around high level athletes. But never once have I heard anything even remotely positive in terms of side effects or long-term effects. That is enough for me to stick with my original thoughts of them.

In no way am I judging you, or anyone in particular that uses. I mean, who the hell am I to judge anyone? It's just my take on the subject.

I respect your opinions and yes unfortunately when large amount of money and high status are involved people will do whatever it takes to be successful.

Believe it or not anabolics actually have several uses in medicine for cachectic patients including those suffering from cancer, AIDS/HIV, and many other wasting diseases. Some anabolics are used in burn patients to help w/ tissue healing. Try telling a cancer or burn patient that you've never heard anything positive about anabolics, while these drugs are helping their recovery. There are legitimate medical uses for them... Your opinion on anabolics based are based on what you've "heard". Sounds a bit anecdotal to me. Anyone can have an opinion, however, is the opinion an educated one?

Anabolics like anything else are nothing more than chemical compounds, a pharmacologically active "tool" if you will. They are neither good nor bad. They have beneficial (tissue healing/immunomodulation, etc) as well as deleterious effects. Like any other tool or technology its up to the user as to how they will use it... Anabolics have been around for over 70 years now, and trust me when I say there are known correct and incorrect ways to use them.

While I still respect your opinion, I am simply trying to show that it is not based on sound logical grounds, but rather on anecdotal evidence (what you have "heard"). Meanwhile I'm a practicing licensed health care professional with the nearly a decade of post secondary training in relevant fields of interest. Furthermore, I've actually been in the trenches and used the stuff successfully for years w/ virtually no side effects. Logic dictates that my opinion probably holds more weight as I have both an academic background as well as practical experience in the field, while you have virtually no exposure.

I guess my biggest beef w/ societal demonization of anabolics is that although anabolics are illegal in North America, alcohol and cigarettes continue to be available en mass. These two together cause our society tens if not hundreds of billions of dollars and bring about untold suffering. They kill hundreds of thousands of people every year. I see the physiological devastation that they cause first hand in our ICU. I'm not even gonna mention stuff like fast food. As a society if you're scared of stuff that's bad for you, then make it ALL illegal, don't pick and choose.

I have no problem w/ being judged. In fact I think its natural to judge. Hell I was being judged every time I performed at a revue or stagette. When I'm on stage later this year for my bodybuilding comp, guess what, I'm gonna be judged formally.

My point here is that if you're gonna have an opinion do the research for yourself, and don't go based simply on what you've "heard". The media will always bend the truth a little (sometimes a lot) simply to get you to listen.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember that snookie and jwow said something about it in some interview I saw, linked somewhere on bodybuilding.com when this same topic came up.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many here know as well that I am a moderate, educated anabolic user. That said, there is so much urban mythology about this subject it is unbelievable. "I heard", "I know this guy", or "he's gotta be on 'roids" are statements I hear every single day in the gym. Hell, even the guys who DO use them dont know what the hell they are doing half the time. They cant even tell me the difference between a propionate and an enanthate ester.

All that said, I'm not here to debate either because it amounts to a big circle-jerk. If someone is truly, genuinely interested in learning about the subject---good, bad, and ugly---then I'm happy to talk.

As for Ronnie, I guarantee you he runs something for part of the year. But you know what?? Who fvcking cares? Is it really a shock that someone who gets paid based largely on their physical appearance would use? Like Espi said, just wait till the hype is over.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not at all trying to get into a debate about this. I'll be the first to admit (and kinda already have) that I have no personal knowledge of it. I would be interested in hearing about it though. Not trying to hijack this threat anymore than we have, so maybe I'll PM you guys sometime.

As far as Ronnie.... who cares if hes using? The 95% of the population that has had it drilled in their head how bad it is. And if he's using, it started before he got famous, so that wouldn't be the reason for it. But as I said, I'm not here to judge, so I don't care what his reason was.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Just a FYI:

I'm not familiar with the show's personalities, but judging from the pics you posted, Ronnie's physique is not that impressive at all to me...I've maintained a more muscular and less fatty physique WITHOUT steroids...also, his pic shows him oiled up, which maximizes definition...also, his legs aren't pictured...

I'd say in that pic that Ronnie's % BF is around 15...I'm 39 years old and currently not even cycling...and I still look better than he does...my abs are leaner and more defined.

So he does have fat on him...considerable fat, actually.
Yeah, I wasn't exactly spending too much time looking at pictures of topless guys while sitting at my work computer, so I just took the first one I found. You can look up youtube videos I'm sure.

But it's extremely possible hes not using. I don't think hes so completely ripped that it's as much of a give-in as many people think.

In other words, I wasn't posting the pics saying "Look at this dude, he's obviously on steroids". I was just posting them so Fuglydude knew who we were talking about.