Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Romance vs Seduction

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A rethink of something I posted a few days back:

Think how you are with your buds. Then think how you are at a family dinner. Big difference, right? Almost not recognisable as the same person?

A clue: people have behavior modes that define how they're going to act in a situation, what they feel they can and can't do, and what they feel comfortable with. They switch modes according to what other people are doing and saying around them.

Let's apply this to macking. Chicks have two modes here. One is romance mode. The other is seduction mode.

In terms of chick behavior and chick mindset, romance mode and seduction mode are completely different. And they are *not related*.

Normally guys are taught all about romance mode. We know how that works. Key points:

It gives the chick the power. The guy is a suitor which means she is the focus of attention, and it's his job to impress her with gifts, wit, humor, and all of that. Everything that happens in romance mode is there to tell the chick that he wants her, and that she is important to him, and then *finally* when he's supplicated enough and proved his worthiness, he finally asks or hints or something if maybe she'd mind bending over and letting him have some now that he's done all that hard work.

It's not hard to see why this works so badly. A guy going down the romance mode route is a few points down before he even starts. More than that *the chick will be in a different frame of mind towards him.* She'll be assessing him critically, and if he fails in any way, he's out. She will be doing everything she can to 'next' him.

This is very bad.

But what about seduction mode...? Ah - now there's a sweet secret that many guys never discover. In seduction mode the focus isn't on the woman at all. It's not about impressing her. It's about sex - straight and simple.

AFCs always use romance mode to approach a chick, and they get the results they get.

DJs always use seduction mode. The difference? It's much quicker. The DJ does what he does, and the chick either gets wet and interested or she doesn't. No wasting time and money on dinner and flowers and dates and long convo about her shopping trips.

How is seduction mode done? You can trigger a seduction mode response by:

Showing enough sexual confidence. Sometimes 'Hi, I thought I'd come over to see if you wanted to fvck' can be all it takes. Really and truly - this can work much better than AFCs ever suspect, if you say it in a low, purry voice, with a ****y grin and a righteously confident attitude. If you don't want to be *that* brash about it, just drop into the convo in the first five minutes, then pretend it's a joke.

Making it clear what you want right away with steady confident eye-contact. You are the hunter. She is the prey. You are high status. She is nothing... She is so nothing that you *do not care* what her response to this is.

Steering the conversation towards sexy topics, in that familiar old SS way.

Innuendo and flirting. Endless opportunities here, if you're smart enough to pick up on them.

*Keep it light.* Don't drool. That's a turn off. Make it clear you're playing a game and laughing, not acting like a psycho.

Not treating her like a 'lady'. Be crude, but not rude with her. Puncture that 'I'm so soft and delicate' defense by showing her you know she's not, so she can stop pretending now because you know what she's *really* like.

*Not caring about her response.* This is one of the fundamentals. It's not just a mindset. It works its magic by proving that you're a high status male - if you don't care what she says you must be getting enough puzzy elsewhere. And if you are, she wants you, because (the implication is) all those other chicks do too. (This is how women think. It makes no sense, but it's the way it is.)

Using seduction mode on another chick in front of her. (Man oh man - this one is a killer. She won't believe her eyes and ears. It's kind of high risk, as she may decide it's too much and she can't compete. But if she stays, you could have a threesome on your hands.)

Now, here's the kicker. Seduction mode crushes romance mode every time for two reasons.

One, it gets you where you want to be much quicker. If you get no interest, you can move on without wasting your time.

We all know that romance mode will get you a lot of rejections. But even if you get the same number of rejections percentagewise, you'll still be better off working on your seduction mode skills because it's less time and effort for you.

Think about that means for your game. Romance mode means days, sometimes weeks of 'dates' before you get a rejection. Seduction mode means minutes, or days if you're being slow and lazy. Result? Way less wasted time. Way more opportunities.

But the second reason is that seduction mode simply *works better in itself.* Your target will be in a different frame of mind during your approach. She will be getting interesting tingly sensations down below the panty line, and she'll be wanting to do something about them. She *won't* be thinking of reasons to next you like all those other losers. In fact she'll turn into someone she may not even know all that well. ('I can't believe I'm doing this!')

But you may be wondering - won't seduction mode get the skanky chicks, and not the 'nice' ones?

No! Once you grow the nads you need for it, you'll be amazed just how much some 'nice' chicks respond to it. Really - you will not be able to believe, from your AFC days, that women could ever be like this.

And there's more... If you feel that maybe your prey is potential LTR material, you can strike up a deeper convo once she's lying there with a sweaty happy look on her face.

So another advantage - you'll get less BS and lies from a chick in that state than when she has the bytch filter up. More honesty - something that guys really need from chicks, but which is so rare it's like gold dust.

Still reading? Shouldn't you be out practicing this round about now? (Like me - heading out...)

VeryBadGirl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is a combo of romance mode and seduction mode OK once you are in a good LTR?

I think we mistakenly think that "romance" is something that is just given from man to woman.

In great relationships, the romance actually flows equitably both ways.

crowes22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post man. I've missed a lot of chances w/ hot ass chicks tht wanted 'no strings attatched' sex b/c I didn't have the right mindset. I was in the romance mode, and since they were nice girls I ruled out the posiibiblity they just wanted sex and no more, despite the fact they had a BF or whatever. What a clueless nice guy chump I was.

Conrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
In case you want to look further into these "modes", in psychology they are called cognitive maps.

dorian_gray-from.usa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Conrad:
In case you want to look further into these "modes", in psychology they are called cognitive maps.
Cognitive Maps

A cognitive map is a map that allows us to navigate through the world. The concept was first studied by people looking into the behaviors of animals and how they moved from one location to another.

An experiment by Thorndyke and Hays-Roth (1982) found that there are type two types of knowledge that are used in moving about from day to day. They are Route Knowledge and Survey Knowledge.

Route knowledge is the knowledge that we draw on for getting around. If I gave someone directions to my house, I am using Route Knowledge.

Survey Knowledge is knowledge that allows us to know understand the general spatial relationships that are involved. I could tell the person that my house was south of the University.

Mental maps that are draw by people tend to be biased by the person drawing them. In a map drawn by a student in Australia, the Australian continent was at the top of the map instead of the bottom.

In short, a mental map is a map that has been filtered by our personality. With it we can justify things that do not readily fit in our concept of the universe. When man first looked to the stars, we placed ourselves at the center, not 3 from the sun. Humans will tend to go to any length to justify our concepts.

DORIAN'S TRANSLATION:

Chix will tend to go to any length to justify their action, mindset and "concepts of behaviour in male/female sexual relationships"

[This message has been edited by dorian_gray-from.usa (edited 03-08-2002).]

~The_Chosen~

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post

Keep it up.

------------------
~The_Chosen~ has spoken...

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is just not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

Judge a man by his questions and not his answers.

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
"the map is not the territory"
--Bandler

Excellent post, thang, about the distinction between romance & seduction mode. the latter sets you up so you have virtually nothing to lose.

About the only risk I have found with it is that we can get so into the "not caring about her response" mode (and it is so empowering that it's almost addictive!) that we might miss her "buying signals" and overlook a chyck that we may have made so wet we could have her right there on the coffeeshop floor

Which means I need to still "not care about her response" but notice it anyway.

------------------
Bro's rule, grrrls drool!

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Seduction is the male form of romance.

'Romance" as modern society defines it is the female version of romance.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice summation, Squirrels.

We've been playing it by their rules when, at least during the first three months of any relationship, we should be following our more seduction oriented path.

I've experienced this over and over. Sometimes it's a fast trip to the bedroom. And, alas, at others it's been a case of not picking up on their sexual cues and blowing myself out of something fantastic. (I'm working on that one!)

In short, during the first three months, go by our rules. After that, if you want an LTR, you need to adopt more of their romantic behaviors.

I wonder why it's three months? It's happened to me and it's weird how well that "90-days to LTR" stuff plays out as a rule of thumb.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok people, let's read this again.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
disagree...

there was a reason that I left sosuave for so long. I now remember this reason.

Seduction and Romance can go hand in hand. Once you marry the two together you can gain a lot more power. I married the two and now in a good relationship because I have the power and control but make her happy with just my voice because she doesn't know what to expect from me.

Romance is so under rated at this site its sickening because of the mix up it has gained. Romance is not giving up the power or supplicating but giving the most pleasure you can to her and yourself. You don't need to spend large amounts of money or whatever you say you need to do to gain romance. Sometimes all it takes is just a walk or something and say sweet nothings into her ear and actually mean them instead of lie like some people on this site will do to gain ***** and then leave. Telling the truth of what you feel she is. That is romance, not supplication.

Seduction works too. That is just going about being very sexual. Telling her what you would do in bed with her. Just being so sexual it makes her wet just to see you.

If you do both together you can very easily make her wet by just talking to her. I can easily do this after enough romancing.

The one thing it takes to marry the two is pure confidence. Not the sh!tty fake confidence that some of you have but true confidence. that is a standard that can be marked with gold.

marry seduction and romance together and a girl won't forget you at all. That is what you want so even if you do break up with her, she will not forget you because you were able to give her the most pleasure she ever had.