Roissy on The Reason Why the West is Fukked

Status
Not open for further replies.

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Question:

If the west is so fukked, why there are wars being fought and billions being spent to implement what we have here on the other side of the world ?

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Evzone said:
Let me take a contrary view. The US (and other Western countries with a cultural emphasis on individuality, e.g.: Australia, Canada, Ireland, ect.) are not facing imminent doom.

Given all the evidence, why do I say this? I say this because we are having this conversation now. The androgynous population will not amount to much; we know this already. We will though. In any dynamic, 20 percent do 80 percent of the real work. That 20 percent are people like us, whether or not they are on this web forum.

It is on us though to embrace the responsiblity that we have been given. I'm all up for it.

I'd recommend reading The Next 100 Years by George Friedman. Something that he pointed out was that, for whatever reason, Americans have this constant fixation that their country is about to face ruin. Now he argues that is actually in a bizarre way a strength, since it drives us to work harder and has kept us on top.
Obviously hasn't done much for your country's collective IQ, I mean - you guys did vote Dubbya Bush, aka The Village Idiot from Texas, to be your president for 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.