Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rogaine Side effects a concern??

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So now that I'm getting older I wanted to try using this Rogaine stuff. I thought this was just some cream you rubbed in your hair, but I am seeing there some side effects.... Itching is something I can deal with but I am reading things like some people have shortness of breath, swelling, weight gain, shortness of breath etc....

I had no idea rubbing cream in your head would do this... So is using Rogaine bad for your overall health?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried using generic monoxidil but couldn't stand the itching...it litterally drove me mad... I also tried generic propecia a.k.a finasteride and it's true that it will make your c0ck go limp... after I got off finasteride I slowly was able to get erections again but for the first month it was a weak erection. And for a brief period of time I swore my c0ck looked and felt like it lost some size. I was worried that had I stayed on the finasteride that the size loss might be permanent.

The minoxidil didn't stop the hair loss for me. The finasteride did stop the hair loss. Aside from the penis problems. I experienced general anxiety over petty stuff that I normally wouldn't think twice about and I found myself fretful like a woman. I probably would have developed gynocomastia had I stayed on it longer.

I will NEVER go back on finasteride or minoxidil again. It's just not worth it.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried using generic monoxidil but couldn't stand the itching...it litterally drove me mad... I also tried generic propecia a.k.a finasteride and it's true that it will make your c0ck go limp... after I got off finasteride I slowly was able to get erections again but for the first month it was a weak erection. And for a brief period of time I swore my c0ck looked and felt like it lost some size. I was worried that had I stayed on the finasteride that the size loss might be permanent.

The minoxidil didn't stop the hair loss for me. The finasteride did stop the hair loss. Aside from the penis problems. I experienced general anxiety over petty stuff that I normally wouldn't think twice about and I found myself fretful like a woman. I probably would have developed gynocomastia had I stayed on it longer.

I will NEVER go back on finasteride or minoxidil again. It's just not worth it.
Are any of those the generics to Rogaine? Man just reading all that makes me not want to try it. I still can't figure out how cream in your hair can do all that.. making you limp and anxiety.. I guess it gets in your bloodstream?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Minoxidil is the active ingredient in Rogaine. Generic monoxidil can be found at Wal-mart and it's a little bit cheaper than Rogaine. If you read the ingredient label on Rogaine and the generic brand you'll see that the concentration of minoxidil is the same in both - so I chose the cheaper brand to save money. Minoxidil didn't make me limp, it just causes extreme itching and irritation but didn't stop the hair loss. Propecia/finasteride was the drug that made me limp.

Propecia cannot be bought over-the-counter, it has to be prescribed by a doctor. The active ingredient in Propecia is Finasteride - it's a drug that's used to treat prostate enlargement but can also alleviate male pattern baldness in small doses.

My doctor prescribed me generic finasteride. The potency was so strong that my doctor recommended that I split the pills into quarters so as to not overdose....let me tell you, even at a quarter dosage, that drug was powerful.

It does work for preventing hair loss and for some men it might even regrow hair. However the side effects are too severe -- what's the point of having a full head of hair if your c0ck and balls shrivel up? Or how about being impotent? Or how about developing male breasts enlargement (gynocomastia)??

It's just not worth it.

I actually decided not to use any drugs and got a hair transplant in 2013... probably one of the best decisions I've made. It's expensive but it's worth it to have a full head of hair and a penis that actually functions.

Last edited:

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Minoxidil is the active ingredient in Rogaine. Generic monoxidil can be found at Wal-mart and it's a little bit cheaper than Rogaine. If you read the ingredient label on Rogaine and the generic brand you'll see that the concentration of minoxidil is the same in both - so I chose the cheaper brand to save money. Minoxidil didn't make me limp, it just causes extreme itching and irritation but didn't stop the hair loss. Propecia/finasteride was the drug that made me limp.

Propecia cannot be bought over-the-counter, it has to be prescribed by a doctor. The active ingredient in Propecia is Finasteride - it's a drug that's used to treat prostate enlargement but can also alleviate male pattern baldness in small doses.

My doctor prescribed me generic finasteride. The potency was so strong that my doctor recommended that I split the pills into quarters so as to not overdose....let me tell you, even at a quarter dosage, that drug was powerful.

It does work for preventing hair loss and for some men it might even regrow hair. However the side effects are too severe -- what's the point of having a full head of hair if your c0ck and balls shrivel up? Or how about being impotent? Or how about developing male breasts enlargement (gynocomastia)??

It's just not worth it.

I actually decided not to use any drugs and got a hair transplant in 2013... probably one of the best decisions I've made. It's expensive but it's worth it to have a full head of hair and a penis that actually functions.
Ok so yeah I'll definitely from Propecia/Finasteride - Those side effects sound bad.

Regarding Minoxidil, the only side effect was itchy scalp? i've read that it has side effects of: hortness of breath, swelling, weight gain, shortness of breath etc....

I'm trying to understand if I am putting something unsafe in body similar to what steroids do for people... Like I thought this stuff would just open up pores on my head or something... I don't understand why these side effects occur? It's a cream in your scalp not taking a pill or injection...

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im running minoxidil just once a day at 5%.

Hair get stronger while some very tiny ones are regrowing where they felt however I read about people noticing damages on face and collagen..I see some in me too not sure if because of ageing or that.

Considering to stop too and just have a hair transplant, hair are for aestetics so is skin but I cant get a skin transplant.

Never had itching or any burning but this fast ageing is not worth some extra hair.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im running minoxidil just once a day at 5%.

Hair get stronger while some very tiny ones are regrowing where they felt however I read about people noticing damages on face and collagen..I see some in me too not sure if because of ageing or that.

Considering to stop too and just have a hair transplant, hair are for aestetics so is skin but I cant get a skin transplant.

Never had itching or any burning but this fast ageing is not worth some extra hair.
What does 5% mean? Is that the type you bought? The skin damage you are noticing I don't understand.. is it like acne or something?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What does 5% mean? Is that the type you bought? The skin damage you are noticing I don't understand.. is it like acne or something?
There are two versions the first one containts a 2% solution which is weaker and usually women use it.

The second version contains 5% of minoxidil and is used from men.

In my case I do notice my skin getting less toned and youthful, imagine a baloon who losing pressure inside.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two versions the first one containts a 2% solution which is weaker and usually women use it.

The second version contains 5% of minoxidil and is used from men.

In my case I do notice my skin getting less toned and youthful, imagine a baloon who losing pressure inside.
Ok I think I can picture what you mean. That doesn't seem to be listed as a general side effect though..

Google says:

shortness of breath, swelling, weight gain, shortness of breath etc....

I guess I didn't realize aside from itchy scalp that Rogaine could cause all this stuff. Makes me think it's not healthy to take?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I think I can picture what you mean. That doesn't seem to be listed as a general side effect though..

Google says:

shortness of breath, swelling, weight gain, shortness of breath etc....

I guess I didn't realize aside from itchy scalp that Rogaine could cause all this stuff. Makes me think it's not healthy to take?
Some people thinks such effect is due to the compound moving from your head to the pillow and then to the face while others think it just get absorbed at system level.

You should google minoxidil skin ageing and you will read plenty of stuff about it.

Personally Im considering to drop it and just accept to either fix my nose or get a hair transplant, I can look fine either with a shaved head or a big broken nose but not both.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Minoxidil which is the active ingredient in Rogaine was first used in emergency rooms to treat malignant hypertension in life threatening cases. Then they found out it also caused increased hair growth for some reason lol.

Yes it is a cream in your scalp but you might be getting enough of the medication for it to circulate around your body. Go ask your doctor because it can cause side effects involving the heart.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ve been on finasteride for over 10 years. I still can rise to the occasion and have a full crop of hair. It has synergistic effects combined with minoxidil I would suggest adding pomegranate juice (daily) and red cabbage twice weekly to diet. Good for heart and pecker and blocks oestrogen cycle from e.g. BPA plastics.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Contact dermatitis and hypertrichosis are the most common side effects. Contact dermatitis can be minimized by using minoxidil foam which does not contain propylene glycol.

I use rogaine which is a foam. Guru1000 and Marmel went head to head on this one in the health forum.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Contact dermatitis and hypertrichosis are the most common side effects. Contact dermatitis can be minimized by using minoxidil foam which does not contain propylene glycol.

I use rogaine which is a foam. Guru1000 and Marmel went head to head on this one in the health forum.
So the foam won't cause the skin issue or just minimizes it? I don't want to mess with this stuff if it has any side effects beyond itchy scalp..