Robert Bly on being a man

pinhead

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Those of you interested in the "feminization" of men and so forth will love this article. Robert Bly is an American poet who talks here with some guy about masculine and feminine energy using an old Brothers Grimm fairytale as an example. It may seem a little new-ageish but I think he hits a lot of stuff dead on.

http://www.nzhealth.net.nz/wisdom/men.html

Really interesting to those of you who are interested in the DJ mentality as a whole.

Tiger Eye

Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert Bly rocks! He's one of the True Elders of our society.

This article barely scratches the surface of what he covers in his book IRON JOHN, which I've read -- studied -- numerous times. I cannot recommend this book enough. Should be required reading for every male on the planet.

Seriously.

And if you get something out of that one check out MEN AND THE WATER OF LIFE by Michael Meade.

THE MAIDEN KING by Bly and Woodman is also good.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out. This Robert Bly seems like he is very observant and knowlegable.

Good article.

silverdog

Don Juan
Reaction score
simply awesome, infact, i found many probs in my self just from reading this article, mainly i have not had much male influence in my life, thanks for the link man :D