Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Road Test

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I failed my road test two times in a row. I can drive it just I get very nervous and especially since I always get female intuctors because they usually fail everyone. 17 NY FYi. Any tips on passing this road test and not being nervous. I got 2 perfects on pratice but I can't in real life

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
First one I got a automatic failure as soon as I pulled out for not yeilding to the car but I had time to go:down: 2nd time it was in the rain and I broke to early to compensate for it and I still got points off and she told me at the last second to turn so it turned out wide. then she made me parrell park behind a car on a driveway and I keep asking her are you sure I can do it because they use that as a trick sometimes and she got mad. Then when I parked I guess my wheel touched the driveway and she said I was on the curb but I wasn't :down: so after that I was done. ****ing hate it because when I drive with my parents or with my Driver's ed teacher their like good your a natural you will pass with no problem then BOOM FAIL 1x then BOOM Failed again now I'm scared as hell for the third time and my whole summer depended on my passing the first time now its ruined/

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can relate I failed the road test two times as well. The first two times I took the test was with the school's driving program and they were much more strict then a lot of the private driving schools in this area. So the third time I took it, I took it with a private company that had a much more relaxed enviornment. I had to do the practice all over again (7 hours of driving, 7 hours of observation) along with the test, but it was worth it. If I had failed it a third time they would not have allowed me to take it again for several months. You may want to do like I did and just switch to another driving school that you know is more relaxed then the one you're with now.

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
We don't take it with a school if that was the case I'd would have been passed. You have to take it with the DMV people not just regular driving school people. I'm going to take 1 or 2 lessons with anonther driving school to see what I need to work on

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my driving test was so damn scary.
i'd imagine, the worst of anyone who posts here (unless they had an accident).

to start off, i pull out from the starting car park. start driving.
she says turn left.
i miss the turn all together. lol.

so now i'm completely off the course (they do one of five courses each time).
so i had to make my way through heavey traffic and U turn and all to get back onto that turn i missed.

anyway, i get back on course, after performing a perfect 3 point turn (which couldn't be included because i wasn't on the proper course.)

so i'm driving along, and getting points taken off for little things, this and that.

and i come to an intersection, its a full intersection, i'm on the smaller road so theres a stop sign. and i'm turning right (australia here, so we drive on the left side oft he road). and theres a guy oposite me also turning right. he's also at a stop sign.

its just us 2 there. so i turn, because we can both complete the turn without ever crossing paths.

the lady tells me "stop, you made an incorrect turn, automatic fail."

i was scared as hell so i just said, "ok"

but my instructor kicked up, and he explained that what i did wasn't incorrect. she disagreed.

he drew a diagram, and explained again. she still didn't agree. he explained once more with the diagram, and finally she apologised.

she said "just drive back now, i've had enough"

so i didn't even have to do any special moves like parrallel park, 20m reverse, 3 pnt turn.

bloddy stressful though!

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I get to scared. I just want to pass already

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I passed my road test on the first try even though my driving instructor had told me I wasn't ready, go figure. I really think the most important thing is to relax, so take a few deep breaths before you start.

During my test I screwed up my second or third turn (almost turned into the wrong lane) and forgot to turn the wheel for parallel parking on a hill, but because I didn't freak out I managed to do everything else perfectly and salvage the test. The tester just said I was really good and attributed the two mistakes to nerves.

Also I think it might help if you get rid of the attitude that women fail everybody. I agree they are generally more picky then the male testers, but thinking that just makes you more nervous so it hardly helps.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and two other things to remember. You said you failed the first time for not yielding even though you had time to go.. This was hammered into my head but during the test, remember there is NO HURRY. Don't go just because you could if you'll really have to put the petal down to speed up in time.

And second, this might be different where you are, but here, the tester can not tell you to do anything illegal, so just do what they say, don't question it.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few tips:

a) pick a school that is located in relatively easy, rural area. They wont ask you to drive far.

b) When you drive on the test, drive at slowest speed possible.
It let you relax since you alway have plenty of time to think what to do.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I passed my test on the first try ON my 16th birthday. damn i own.

I attribute my success to my dads magnificent teaching skillz.

DA KID

Don Juan
Reaction score
NY is way different then you guys. We don't go to a school and take it. You have to go the dmv and wait and then take it with them.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that sucks for yall....i passed on the first time with like a perfect score, with pretty heavy traffic in a big city....dont mean to brag or anything, but driving is easy. If yall were girls failing, then id understand.