Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

RETHINK: Buying women drinks

thegame

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no problem buying a female drinks, only if there is some intrest on her part. I will not and I say will not buy a woman a drink just to break the ice...I am currenlty dating a 8 or 9 and when she goes out and nobody buys her a drik she gets upset, she literally take it personal.
Yes, so women do think because of thier looks that they have to be caterd to, but for me there has to be an intrest level. Ther are way to many women out ther who are vying for my jock to waste my money on a maybe.

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with buying a girl a drink if you aren't doing it with the expectation that it will get you that much closer to having her drop the panties for you. If you can't even pay your rent, you might not be best off spending your hard earned cash for something that might net you nothing. But if it really isn't gonna put that much of a dent in your wallet, it doesn't mean you think you can't get ***** except by paying for it or any B.S. like that. If you have already established a connection with her, and have a good flirtation with her already, maybe you've danced with her a little, not necessarily grindin' on her ass, just having fun, or whatever, and you can tell she's feelin' you, she will very often think it demonstrates character that you're willing to do nice things for people you don't know. But I don't mind helping people out or extending nice gestures here and there, regardless who receives the benefit, as long as they haven't slighted me in any way, and most of my friends are the same way.

We like to have fun, we buy drinks for each other, we buy drinks for girls if we are already having enough fun with them, and they buy drinks for us too. Don't be a tightwad, unless you're F**kin broke or maybe you're the pimp. Whatever. I just met an easy 9 at the club friday night, we were having fun on the dance floor, she waved at me a few times as we passed each other through the club. The last time we passed I stopped her, asked her if she was leaving cuz she and her 3 hot friends seemed they might have been. She said no, she was going to the bar to get a drink. She had been paying for her drinks thus far in the night, so it wasn't like she expected me to buy her her drink, and I'm sure she was planning on buying it for herself. But I asked if she wanted me to get her drink anyways, and she said sure. Then her friend wanted one too, and she stuffed 4 bucks in the pocket of my jacket and asked me to get that too, I teased her and said I don't know, she said come on, please, I said only if you give me your number, she said I was already planning to, you didn't need to buy the drink for that, so I said Okay then, I guess I won't get either of you a drink after all, she knew I was teasing her and laughed and said noooo pleeeeaaase, and I warmheartedly replied Ohhh, OK, I guess so.

Then we chatted at the bar, she introduced me to her to amazon goddess friends, who seemed pleased to meet me as well. I chatted with them shortly, and then focused my attention back to HB at the bar, and she asked me if I wanted a piece of gum. I said sure, she put it between her lips for me to kiss out of her mouth. Later in the night, after giving me her cell, home, and work phone numbers (I called her work number and it was in fact the place she told me she worked at, but I won't call her until tonight, probably see if she's at work around 9, cuz she's a waitress), she pulled my fur-lined hood up over my head (which was hella sexy) and put her head in with mine and started making out with me. So apparently it didn't bother her that I had bought her a drink.

But I can see where it would backfire if one didn't know how to read attraction signals very well. If you're broke and can't afford it, don't do it. But put some positive energy towards putting yourself in a better position, and once you are, don't be to scroogish to spread a little goodwill. Unless of course you're a pimp, and the *****es be payin' you an' sheeeeeoooottt, hustla. Pay attention to what jakethesnake and Big Pappy are schoolin' as well and you'll be just fine. Just don't break the bank buyin' *****es beers, and make sure they buy you some too. Don't ask for it, just expect it.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying drinks is usually a bad idea.

Not because it is AFC, but because it is all too often a gesture that goes unnappreciated. I've watched a friend of mine (before being DJ) who would constantly buy girls drinks and constantly get shot down not long after.

I developped some conditions to buying a girl a drink at the bar :

I may buy a girl a drink if

a) We've been talking for 10min or longer and both our drinks are empty, and then I'll say, "I'm gonna get another drink, would you like one?" - Even this is not flawless, but it's buying her a drink on my terms.

b) I've seen her naked. I'll tell girls that ask me to buy them a drink that I won't buy her one unless I've seen her naked. Girls laugh and think I'm joking but I keep a serious face and they know that I'm telling the truth, and once the girl said "You haven't had the chance to see me naked." I took the chance, and within a week or so I did get that chance.

c)She bought me a drink first.

In any of these situations, if the girl asks me to buy a drink (with c as a rare exception) I will flatly refuse.

I've talked to a girl who told me about liking to 'use her boobs to her advantage' I never bought her a drink, but anytime she wanted one she would walk off talk to a guy for a minute or two get a drink from him and then come back to continue the convo.

Moral : Buy the girls drinks on your terms. There is less chance of rejection like that.

Reaction score
Don't buy a girl drinks, period!! It has zero impact on her interest level in you and your chances of scoring!!!!

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRL - I was thinking the same, I will buy girls drinks under certain conditions, but when I do it's more the same as buying my guy friends a round. It's not to have them think of me in a better light, but just to be friendly and to 'share the wealth'.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with PRL's statement, however I think people are going a little beyond themselves here trying to front.

It shouldn't be used to break the ice, or compensate for no game or attempt to keep her attention. Sure... Doesn't mean that there isn't a time and a place for a well received courtesy.

Seems like guys are tweaking over $2 drafts because it is so important to not look like a chump...If it makes things simpler to leave things black and white for people, do what you need to. Be careful who you are aiming this advice to. There are too many people that read these posts as doctrine.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
Don't buy a girl drinks, period!! It has zero impact on her interest level in you and your chances of scoring!!!!
Actually it might have a negative impact!

K Street

Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl has to earn her drinks. Usually this takes more than a few seconds.