Resurrection

GADavid

Don Juan
Reaction score
To get my mind off a woman I foolishly lost and to look better for the sake of replacing her (secretly to win her back), I am throwing myself into lifting and getting in ridiculously good shape... Both mentally and physically. This is my journal to track progress and have a form of accountability. Input is appreciated since this is my first time really getting serious.

Starting stats:
Height: 6'0" Terrible posture and weak back muscles.
Weight: 170.4lbs. Always been close to scrawny. Certainly not impressive.
Body fat: 14%. Most around abs, none on arms or legs

Diet: fast food or nothing. Sodas. Typically feel like crap.
Mental state: Depressed. No self esteem. Introverted. No close friends. Jealous of others often. Rarely make eye contact. Nervous and worried what others do and think.
Prospect with women: zero

Goal:
Height: 6'1". Posture and lower back strength
Weight: 200lbs. I'd look like a new man, which I'm good with
Body fat: 9%. don't know what this should be. Trainer says it is doable

Diet: whole foods. No junk. Stuff the makes me feel well. Water water water
Mental state: confident. A bit of an ego. Extroverted. Close friends and to be gregarious with all. Self assured.
Prospects with women: women trying to pick up for once

As you can see, I want to track the mind and body during this personal growth.

10/10/13 First personal training session today. Pointers: eat often. Eat whole fruit for snacks, almonds, tuna salad, chicken, brown rice.
Start on the treadmill just to get blood pumping. Very little cardio for me.
Focus on legs. 2 to 1 ratio for legs to upper body. Mornings do a body weight routine for whole body. Various running stretches.
Push-ups, planks, leg raises (idk what it's actually called on back keep legs 1ft off ground as long as possible), various squats, sit-ups in circuit to form failure, 3 sets.

Areas to focus on in afternoon workout:
Arms- biceps, triceps, forearms
Back- shoulders, deltoid
Chest- chest and abs
Legs- quads and calf

The trainer suggested deadlifts and squats are most important.

Now, tear this to shreds or give sage advice. I am changing my life!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's a novice, so he doesn't understand what is realistic, but he will be able to recomp pretty well as long as his diet is sorted out.

What routine has your trainer given you David?

GADavid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately we didn't get to that... Free intro. I have yet to meet the actual trainer I'll be with. I'm looking for some guidance on beginning since it'll be a week until then. I need to get busy and won't wait a week.

The body fat vs weight is the target. I'm sure the body fat will vary while adding 30lbs of muscle.

I should add that I'm not after certain strength benchmarks. Maybe that is a goal you pick up along the way? I'd like to fill out my frame so it looks healthy and clothes fit like they should.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im down today so ill make it short:
Find your way.your own way.today i overheard a discussion which reeked of mediocre empty crap.they were showing off their college degrees.dont be like them.dont waste your life on sh!t that doesnt matter.
Embrace your fears,question everything and find ur true self.

You dont need bodyweight exercises as a beginner.keep to freeweights and avoid the machines.