Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Results of teeth whitening strips?

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first started using these Crest Whitening Strips I was hoping to end up with that gleaming sparkly white look that you see in movies & on TV. Well, I used the 14 day package first. It worked pretty well & definitely made my teeth whiter, but still not white like snow. So then I bought another package, this time the stronger 7 day program. I just finished this one last night and my teeth still aren't white.

I wanted them to be white like snow. Right now they just loo like really clean teeth. They are not yellow, but still not totally white. Is this normal? How the hell do celebrities get their teeth so damn white? My teeth weren't even that yellow before I started this. I only went up a few shades even after using two of these whitening packages.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
long road to success...

In general all these "teeth whitning programms" are a laod of sh!t and a money making scam, yes, they will help abit, but they will NOT do what is promised.

The only thing that i can suggest u do is:

1) Brush your teath 2 times a day

2) Floss your teeth every night before going to sleep

3) Use a good name brand tooth paste

4) Wash your mouth out after eating

5) Use listerine, or another product that will have the same affect.

You need to understand that this will not happen overnight, its something that will take a few weeks, if not months, depending on the condition of your teeth and how responsible u are (doing all the above things on a daily basis).

Good luck.

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
celebs get their teeth bleached its a process that costs anywhere from hundreds to thousands of dollars

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The Left Out Fact"

and that;)

bangoker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by affliction

I wanted them to be white like snow. Right now they just loo like really clean teeth. They are not yellow, but still not totally white. Is this normal? How the hell do celebrities get their teeth so damn white?

there's all this laser whiting things and yes , they are expensive.

but if you have the money, you may have the worlds ugliest teeth and after surgery and stuff, they come out as the freaking best looking teeth ever

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Results of teeth whitening strips?

Originally posted by bangoker
there's all this laser whiting things and yes , they are expensive.

but if you have the money, you may have the worlds ugliest teeth and after surgery and stuff, they come out as the freaking best looking teeth ever
True, but the sad reality, is that most people cant afford this, so other methods of getting your teeth to be white are what is needed/is being looked for in this post;)

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well my hygeine is already good. Serious I don't think brushing your teeth will make your teeth whiter. Unfortunately this bleaching is out of my price range. No matter, my teeth look damn good anyway. :) I just wanted them to sparkle for a little extra flare.

2xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know that using baking soda (mixed with the toothpaste) helps. you might want to try that and it costs nothing.

Reaction score
You don't want snow white teeth. They're unnatural. I read one story about a guy who used too many crest white strips and at the McDonald's a little girl asked her mom if his teeth had batteries...

I get complimented on my teeth, and I used some Crest Whitestrips over a year ago. I brush with whitening toothpaste, floss frequently, use mouthwash once a day, and I gave up drinking coffee, which is what discolored them in the first place.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I've been researching this, and as a UK guy I've typically relied on brown shirts. However spoke to my dentist after he had given them a polish.

He said they offer the bleaching and the main part is the gum shield mold which is a one off fitment and comes in at £120! He said teeth are slightly porous and this process is better than polishing as it lifts out more stains.

I asked him if it was the same thing I've seen advertised as a DIY kit on ebay for £10 and he said YES!

No prizes for guessing my response. Anyway he said what the filmstars do is have full caps on all their teeth. They are better shapes and of course whiter than white. However the process will damage your original teeth and is hideously expensive.

So as my teeth are not too bad-better than Mr McGowan's anyway, I'll stick to the bleech kit :D

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm in the advertising major, what you see on commercials and ads, it's all graphically manipulated. Most Ads over exaggerate their products, they tell all the positive stuff. but they never tlel you the negative stuff, till you buy it and find out.

I thought teeth was suppose to be naturally yellowish-white, which is a good indicator of strong bones. which shows you have good calcium.

If i were you i wouldnt use that crest crap. one time i went to the dentist to get my teeth washed. After that, anytime i drank anything my front tooth hurt. cause somehow it cleared my teeth and opened the pores in the tooth (which calcium usually fills up), so it was really sensitive to cold or sweet drinks. but after awhile the pain went away.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From a dental professional to you:

First off...remember that no amount of whitening, whether it be laser bleaching or whitening strips, will ever replace a HEALTHY mouth. I see tons of patients that only want 'white teeth' and care little about cavities, function, bite, wisdom teeth, ect. Its like a clean shiney Porsche with no engine in it...pretty useless.

WHITE TEETH DOES NOT EQUAL HEALTHY TEETH.

So ask yourself this question first. Are you a huge coffee drinker, smoker, red wine drinker, soda drinker, bad oral hygiene, etc...because chances are, your teeth will not bleach well. Remember ANY AND ALL methods of teeth bleaching CAN AND WILL re-stain over time.

Here is a breakdown of the most common bleaching systems:

Crestwhite Strips - First the most affordable method. Around $30 USD. They are used to whiten teeth half a shade to a shade whiter. They are a pain in the butt to use and generally requires a person to wear two upper and lower strips that go canine to canine for half an hour in the morning and night. This requires a lot of discipline. THEY DO WORK. And the work well...ONLY for people who have great hygiene, don't smoke, drink coffee, tea, red wine, or soda....if you are lazy about your hygiene, forget about this method.

ZOOM Laser bleaching - The quickest method of tooth bleaching out there. It can get the teeth up to 5 shades whiter, or to a patien'ts preference, within an hour, hour and a half appointment. The results are amazing. This is what the typical Hollywood actor does. The draw back for such convenience is a hefty price. Laser bleaching runs anywhere from $500 and up depending on dentist. And remember, IT WILL RE-STAIN! So..if you want to touch it up...you have to pay another $500 and up to get the teeth back to super white.

Custom Bleach Trays - Of the office bleaching options, this is the one I'd recommend to most patients. In an office appointment, impressions are made of your upper and lower arches. Custom bleach trays are created and the patient is sent home with professional bleaching gels which the patient uses, per dentist instruction. Usually, the patient uses the bleach trays at home about 45 minutes for 4 days. The result is 4-5 shades of whiter teeth. The cost of custom fit trays are around $400 for upper and lower arches. The bleach gels run around $30. The nice thing about this method is that the trays are used by the patient forever, granted the patien'ts teeth dont shift or new dentistry is placed. The nice thing about the trays that when you want to re-bleach the teeth, you only pay the cost of the $30 bleeching gel. Saves huge amounts of money vs. Laser Bleaching

Caution about all bleaching:
*First side effect of bleaching is sensitivity to cold. If used as directed, the sensitivity will subside quickly. But, many people abuse bleaching because they want that SUPER WHITE look. It comes with a price...let's just say forget about eating icecream.

*Bleach kits will NOT bleach tooth colored fillings, crowns, veneers, bridge work implants, and other restorative material.

*Remember, health over beauty.

*Talk to your dentist or hygienist of all your treatment options...only he/she knows enough about your dental health to give you the best advice.

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Hyp. My oral hygiene is already pretty good. I am a pretty heavy smoker, though. The crest strips definitely helped though. I'm satisfied now.

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had braces for nearly 5, yes 5 years. I cannot express how terrible it was. I kept my mouth shut and I never wanted to smile, talk or laugh. Terrible. But thankfully I got them off earlier this year, and I did get 3 long term benefits out of it:
1. I stopped the habit of biting my nails
2. I got into the habit of brushing my teeth 3 times a day
3. I ended up with straight teeth of course.
Trust me, brush your teeth morning, arvo and night. My teeth aren't quite as white as snow, but they are getting there, and I've never used whiteners. Just brush your teeth 3 times a day and they will become white.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You also can't forget, in movies and tv shows, things get airbrushed, be it celebs skin/eyes/teeth.

If any of you have "Below the Crust" (or something to that effect,) for "American Pie," there are a few scenes from the movie that were "pre-edited.'' If you notice, the girl that plays Michelle had a TON of freckles and pasty skin, yet in the movie she has perfect skin and whatnot.

Celebs have the benefit of airbrushing. ANYONE can look great after being airbrushed in a movie or something.

So don't get too discouraged.

Dictatorsaurus

Don Juan
Reaction score
The natural color of the tooth is NOT white, so why do you want to have teeth as white as snow?

Its like a white person trying to become black or vise versa thinking they'll look better.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
err...

Originally posted by Dictatorsaurus
The natural color of the tooth is NOT white, so why do you want to have teeth as white as snow?

Its like a white person trying to become black or vise versa thinking they'll look better.
for the simple fact that white teeth are known to look "better" and more "attractive" ... *G* :rolleyes:

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: err...

Originally posted by aequitas
for the simple fact that white teeth are known to look "better" and more "attractive" ... *G* :rolleyes:
1- Yeah but they don't have to be as white as snow, no one can achieve that without paying $1000+ for bleaching and whitening, that's what celebrities do.

2- Brushing 3 times a day = healthy white teeth, not as white as snow, but they're not yellowish, and they're healthy.
If you use all those crap they sell in the stores that "whiten" your teeth, it probably has side effects, I used one kind before that made my teeth REALLY sensitive.

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dictatorsaurus

So are you having fun DJing all the women with hairy armpits and legs who also have a forest between their legs? After all its natural you must be attracted to it.

bangoker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Results of teeth whitening strips?

Originally posted by aequitas
True, but the sad reality, is that most people cant afford this, so other methods of getting your teeth to be white are what is needed/is being looked for in this post;)

oh, i know, i know, just answering his answer to "how do celebrities get those ULTRA WHITE Teeth"