Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Repeating her name

dj_spain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read this somewhere:

"Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language"

So the technique consists basically of repeating the other person's name during the conversation to increase rapport.

I understand that it is good to say the other person's name from time to time, because the conversation gets more deep and personal, but I have the sensation that by repeating her name a lot of times you will sound like a salesman and not like someone that wants to establish deep rapport.
What do you think? Has any of you had success with this technique for increasing rapport?

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man do I wish I would of followed this piece of advice with my curren interest. The second time I saw her i forgot her name (sorta) and it threw us into a whole set of social games that I really didn't want to go through. Now it's several months later and I'm just now getting back on the right track with her. A lot of wasted time cause I didn't remember her name (only part of what happened but didn't help). If I'd of said her name a few times when I first met her, she probably would have received me better the next few times and I would of remembered her name as well. Things would have been way easier for me just by saying her name a few more times.

bobby87

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah this is a good thing to do because i do know i like the sound of my name being called.

earthshyne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just make sure you've got her name right. There are few things that can turn a hottie into an ice queen by groaning someone else's name whilst in the midst of an erotic encounter.

Don't ask me how I know this.

rubs bruise on head

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by dj_spain
I read this somewhere:

"Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language"

So the technique consists basically of repeating the other person's name during the conversation to increase rapport.

I understand that it is good to say the other person's name from time to time, because the conversation gets more deep and personal, but I have the sensation that by repeating her name a lot of times you will sound like a salesman and not like someone that wants to establish deep rapport.
What do you think? Has any of you had success with this technique for increasing rapport?
Do it and find out. :up:

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes that quote is quite true. Not only for women, but in general conversation, referring to other's by their names makes you appear an admirable person in life.

Im not sure about using it all the time for women. generally with women i dont use it as often as i would like. When i have something serious to say, i will say there name. is it a good thing? well i'd say if your game is tight, there should be no harm in saying their name occasionally.

In addition, calling a girl by a wrong name often or something similar to her name will (example: real name is sharron, you call her sherry) make her try to correct you. but if you're a likeable person and you continue with it (even after being told not to), it is one of the little things that make them hot for you. cause they know it isnt easy to earn your respect, and they know they ahve to work for it.

Move

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, i totally agree!
I read that quote somewhere too and decided to start using it a couple of years ago.
I have always had problems remembering peoples names and I also use it as a memory excercise. Its been a total success in both avenues. I recently hooked up with a chicky I've been after for a little while and used it constantly on her. For the first time, she actually was doing the same to me and it felt really good.

The only reason you may be thinking you sound like a salesman is that you are probably over analysing what you say.

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
u know it's funny, does this work with or against you? cuz i know lots of guy friends who call their gf's hun, babe, sweetie or whatever nick name they think of as opposed to her name. For a while I don't think i ever said my last gf's name prolly for months, just cuz i'd always address her by some type of term of endearment.

anyone else relate? so i know it probably catches them by surprise if you do one more than the other and switch, but does it really make the difference?

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJHoolahoop
[...] i know lots of guy friends who call their gf's hun, babe, sweetie or whatever nick name they think of as opposed to her name. [...]

anyone else relate? so i know it probably catches them by surprise if you do one more than the other and switch, but does it really make the difference?
I was asking myself this question too some time ago. Calling her by her name or calling her using some sweet equivalent...is there a better one, or should we alternate between the 2 options?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flyinshark
I was asking myself this question too some time ago. Calling her by her name or calling her using some sweet equivalent...is there a better one, or should we alternate between the 2 options?
Much like with most things... varying is good... So yes, you most definatelly SHOULD alternate between the 2... If you are having a serious discussion, then you would normally call her by her normal name, if you are flirting/on a date/out (anything not serious) then you would normaly call her by a "nick-name", but again, you should still call her by her name ANYTIME... calling her "babe" all the time will get boring/lame.... So just call her by any name that u FEEL like calling her at that time;) There are no set rules for this, just go with what you feel/want to call her.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You usually have to say a person's name 3 times to remember it... often you'll notice that television commercials will say the name of their product 3 times in a 30second blurb - you should have no problem saying her name 3 times in a 2 minute conversation.

Instead of just asking a question:

say... so, <name>, and then ask question. simple.
or... you know, <name>, to make a comment...