Rejection

Mr Spitfire

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to rewrite "the Bible" because Im sure it is divinely inspired but I don't understand this whole concept of rejection.

I am reading this DJ bootcamp chronicle and week 4 is "lets get rejected." It just doesn't seem very don juan to me.

I don't get rejected. I have never been rejected in my whole life. I go after what I want without fear of rejection because rejection is not in my vocabulary. I don't know why that hot chick didn't want to come over to my place for sex tonight. I probably should have massaged her a little more in our conversation first. The next hot one that likes will be warmer hornier than that ice witch.

Could it have something to do with me? Was I rejected? Hell no she wanted me to **** her in the ass. I just dropped her pass. She'll just wait for another guy who is as good as I am to come along and take it to the endzone with out dropping the ball so he can do his touchdown dance.

This guy I worked with said he saw this girl I had been seeing and I said "Oh her, screw her I don't talk to her anymore."

--him "Thats because she rejected you."

I was stunned. "What a fvcking loser," I thought to myself. I would never have thought of it like that. If for no other reason that it isn't true.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DUDE!

i know exactly what you mean. I just never think about rejection. I DON'T GET REJECTED! well not in my mind at least.

how weird is that?

i guess its the over-confident ****y thing..

johnmich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it is to get poeple used to rejection so they are not fazed by it.

Altho you are not, others fearrejection so its for them not for you.

RBB

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking what was running thru MOTU's mind when he prepared week 4's exercises. But here's 2 ways you can view it;

1) Get 10 rejections on purpose to see how good it is to go for the numbers.

~Tasting the negativity of failing on purpose so it gives you the drive to perfect/improve your game. I guess it is making you see which side's grass is greener.
-Crash and burn-

2) On the way to getting 10 rejections you would obtain a few numbers.

~Test your game and approach HB9/9.9s. See the limitation of your skills and improve accordingly.
-Trial and error-

--
Either way, the week's exercises are designed to give you a thicker skin in the real world. And not the tv show. So that you know what it is like to be rejected. A lot of men aren't born naturals now.

If you know what you're doing, ie: have enough of a skillset to raise interest levels, look for IOIs and close the deal. Then you will have a low 'rejection' rate. If you simply don't close challenging women, you will also have a low 'rejection' rate.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great post, its exactly why this simply reading here can actually make you get further from the goal wich you came here to get help with.

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm suprised none of you get the essense of week 4. It's basically about getting #'s but without the pressure to succeed. It's like a win win situation for your training. It serves to eliminate your fear of rejection as well as build your confidence if you do succeed in getting #s and if not, you fulfill your goal to get rejection. A positive way to approach. A step necessary to built you up for success. You must learn to fall before you can learn to walk. That's the goal of week 4.

JaguarMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i'm on the same page with most of you. I run control so tight that I never feel rejected, just that she couldn't handle me lol. But like that guy that said "oh yeah that's because she rejected you" is a loser, he just is hating because he sucks at life... oh the pity!! lol, whatever.

My biggest problem is not if I get rejected, it is how do I do this the best way for optimum result... kind of the problem of knowing so much technique. I don't care if the girl says no, but i'll be upset if I know she would have said yes if I would have tweaked my approach. Kind of a perfectionist you could say.