Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

rejected from college...

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
didnt get into any of my top choice schools and im feelin a lil bummed about it...its like working hard all your life, sacrificing your social life a lil bit to get what you really want then not getting it...

ive never asked for any kinda pity but maybe u guys can gimme a few words of advice about where to go from here...

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, hopefully you shouldn't be changing your goals. Continue to study what you wanted to study, even if it isn't at the school of your choice. Continue to pursue what you have been pursuing. See this as a bump on the road to your goals. You haven't failed yet until you give up.

This may end up turning into an advantage. Do you feel a bit angry? Use that anger to work even harder, to develop that drive and hunger.

But I feel ya man. Rejection sucks, from women or colleges.

playher

Don Juan
Reaction score
i feel ya man...so many ucs denied me esp ucla and ucberkely both denied me. OUCH! dont know where im heading now...

BacardiGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to a cheap community college for a year, get good grades, then apply for some scholarships and reapply as a transfer student to the colleges of your choice. Try to do a little research on classes that you can also transfer credit so you can still graduate in 4 years, if that matters to you. I used to work with a guy who was in a similar situation.. he went to a community college for two years, transferred, and then graduated from a good university. He came back one day to show off his brand new Mercedes after getting a job on Wall Street.

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ouch.

Definitely continue studying. You can go to some other school you got into, study at community college for a year or so...just remember that you can always transfer somewhere else. And who knows, that secondary school might end up being your best fit, where you find out what you're truly interested in, or where you meet your best friends. I hate cliches, but "as one door closes, another one opens."

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You have my sympathies. Though guys, I would tell him to go for community college yet, it sounds like he the type that achieve well in school judging by "sacraficing social life" (though I resent that, it gives such a negative vibe to being studious, people can still have a good social life and still be a top student, hell perhaps better, I noted the more studious ones have friends that are more mature, but this is anecdotal and off topic) and "top-choice" so I would think he still got into some darn good schools or at least his safety.

If not, for academic fall back, I would suggest to look into the forum of college confidential a bit for some ideas along with talking with you guidance conselor.

Most of all, don't give up, there still other ways to get around.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
College is overrated.

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pay attention to Barcardi's advice. Its cheaper that way. I grew up in Virginia and UVA is a tough school to get into but any knuckle head with a good community college GPA can transfer in pretty easily. Just look for a way to turn a negative situation into a positive one. There's always a way.

Celadus

eko

Don Juan
Reaction score
i got into all 8 i applied to

gonna go to villanova or syracuse

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got rejected and I go to a community college in virginia. It's not as bad as I thought. I've actually lost 11 pounds since starting and gained muscle/strength, friends and better grades then high school.

The challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
FOOOOOOOOOOL!!!
college is nothing, i just got rejected and have to go to my safety school.
listen, alot of AMAZINGLY succesful people such a DONALD TRUMP and EINSTEIN didnt graduate from a "super good college".
its all about 1 thing, and thats ur drive to achieve

if ur drive is strong enuf, everything else will come to u eventually

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys, im takin everything into consideration...its better to jus use it as motivation instead of quitting like some people would

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's tough dude. Sorry to hear. But use it as fuel.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
itishe said:
**** school man. Who needs college?
I agree. I wasted a lot of time and money.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Entrepreneurship.

John_Galt

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh, It's hard to say. When you're self-employed you have tax advantages, and I tie just about everything I can into it. To the governments knowledge, very little. But I own like a 2008 SUV, and have traveled to Europe to do business research(Yes, I wrote it off).

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People now days seem to only view success as a money issue. If you can wake up in the morning and honestly say you're happy then I think you're successful.