Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Regretting Not Doing More In High School?

Duke William

Reaction score
Does anyone here look back on past parties, or dances, or whatever the social get together might be and completely feel sick about how you didn't try to pursue something with someone you really liked at the time? Any advice for someone in Highschool on how to make sure not to get these feelings in the future?

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did nothing highschool besides get good grades and track/crosscountry. No girls, no proms, got laid once with some older chick completely unaffiliated with high school.

No regrets.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugh I hated high school.

No clubs, no sports teams, no dances, no parties, never went to prom, never had any chick friends only loser guy friends that watched anime and played video games, never had a girlfriend, never got laid, had oneitis for girls that were out of my league and I never talked to them.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think back about how I should of did better in school and not skipped so much.

Analyzeit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do everything in school you can, like those stupid groups sports all that crap do all that and with parties ands stuff do them aswell try never to be at home

dj_jazzybrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's mixed. At first, the regrets were crushing. But it wasn't so much what I hadn't done, its who I was. But I realized that if it weren't for the mistakes that I made, and the things I hadn't done, I wouldn't be who I am today. I'm happier now than I ever have been, and my past shaped that. I don't regret it, I embrace it. Sure, there are things I wish I would have done, but each decision or indecision influenced my personality in some small way.

Analyzeit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you only regret the things you don't do

or from an even wiser movie

Get busy living, or get busy dying

Kevin Feng

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Always look forward.

I know how you feel though, I always say to myself "man", I wish I learned all this when I was back in high school so that I wouldn't have screwed up in college so much.

Conversely, my older friends always tell me that they wished they learned all this back when they were my age. So unless, you're 65, you don't really have much of an excuse. If you really dedicate yourself, you can really solidify your game in less than a year.

Tell you what though, the more important thing is to be proactive. You can't change the past but you can change the present and future.

Start going out, start getting rejected, start taking girls on dates. In the beginning you can't control whether a girl likes you or not, but you can control your ability to open sets.

Just be happy you didn't have to do it on national TV

-Kevin

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Ugh I hated high school.

No clubs, no sports teams, no dances, no parties, never went to prom, never had any chick friends only loser guy friends that watched anime and played video games, never had a girlfriend, never got laid, had oneitis for girls that were out of my league and I never talked to them.
Wow that really sucks bro thats like a complete waste of a great four years of your life.

Im a junior in highschool right now, and luckily I found sosuave at the end of my freshman year. Things have been going great I think, ive had a gf, ive been laid, had numerous hookups, im goin to prom (and went last year as a soph too), grinded with chicks, been at some CRAZY parties, and I play football and baseball.

I dont really regret anything, aside from prolly just a few easy opportunities with chicks back when I was younger which I didnt capitalize on. But hey, we all learn from our experiences.

K.Pez

Don Juan
Reaction score
high school was alright...

i only played one sport, starting varsity for all four years, didn't do any clubs....my life didn't really pick up until i could drive, and even then it wasn't amazing. my parents are really strict and would always need to know what i was doing, which sucked sooo much. they always gave me sh!t when i asked them to drop me off somewhere... if i didn't know whether or not the parents of my friends whose house i was going to were going to be there or not, they wouldn't let me out of the car, or if they found out after the fact that there weren't any adults they'd ground me. once i could drive, it was easier to lie. then i started to do what i wanted with my life. that's when i got a gf, who i dated for four months, and got rid of my virginity. i've only ever had the one gf, i don't really like exclusive relationships at this point in my life.

here's what i think: what you do in high school is not as awesome as what you can do in college. take your time in hs to prepare yourself for college to make the most of it.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
K.Pez said:

i only played one sport, starting varsity for all four years, didn't do any clubs....my life didn't really pick up until i could drive, and even then it wasn't amazing. my parents are really strict and would always need to know what i was doing, which sucked sooo much. they always gave me sh!t when i asked them to drop me off somewhere... if i didn't know whether or not the parents of my friends whose house i was going to were going to be there or not, they wouldn't let me out of the car, or if they found out after the fact that there weren't any adults they'd ground me. once i could drive, it was easier to lie. then i started to do what i wanted with my life. that's when i got a gf, who i dated for four months, and got rid of my virginity. i've only ever had the one gf, i don't really like exclusive relationships at this point in my life.

here's what i think: what you do in high school is not as awesome as what you can do in college. take your time in hs to prepare yourself for college to make the most of it.
Wow. My parents are the EXACT same way. Its SO fuking annoying. They always ask where im gonna be, if the parents are gonna be home, whos going, they tell me to call them if im going from one place to another, etc. Its reallyyyyyyy fuking annoying.

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm counting on getting my car november this year, cuz i live far away from my school and my dad cant pick me up if i dont catch the bus so i cant join sports/clubs or go to any parties. but once i turn 16 man things are gonna be suhweeet!

Irs88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a lot really really stupid stuff in high school. Followed a girl way to much which led to nothing(2-3 years), been used by other alpha males and a number of girls, no one took me seriosely, wasn't particularly good at anything, etc.

However, I don't regret what I'v been through. Because If I didn't go through all those things, I might not be the same person I am today. Sure I'm still in the gutter, but the things I learned and the person I have become today are worth for all the **** that happened back then.

No one in high school would recognize the "new" me.

Cassanova_Child

Don Juan
Reaction score
K.Pez said:

What I've found about HS is that social 'status' isn't determined by you, but by your parents (not 100% true, obviously if you're a freak or something you won't be popular). But if your parents don't let you go to parties, then how can you possibly practice your game with chicks, get to know other guys, etc...?

Thats my problem right now, parents dont let me do ****.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wish I had gone out for baseball. I played in little league for about seven years and gave it up after middle school. I was good and could have had some real good times there.

but yeah, I got expelled from highschool but still don't regret a thing. it was a learning experience and a hell of a lot of fun.

K.Pez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cassanova_Child said:
What I've found about HS is that social 'status' isn't determined by you, but by your parents (not 100% true, obviously if you're a freak or something you won't be popular). But if your parents don't let you go to parties, then how can you possibly practice your game with chicks, get to know other guys, etc...?

Thats my problem right now, parents dont let me do ****.
that's how i felt when i was in high school. i'd get invited to parties, but couldn't go because my parents wouldn't take me cus they were "suspicious." the people who invited me would think that i was dissing them or something. after a while people got tired of inviting me and me never getting to go, so i stopped getting invited to parties. once i could drive i just lied A LOT to my parents about what i was doing, but things never really picked up for me the way it did for other people whose parents weren't as controlling. a lot of people from school know that my parents are like that too, it is that bad. ughhh i hated high school so much!!

i wanted to take classes this summer so i wouldn't have to go home (i'd stay at college), but i'm transferring to a new college in the fall (my current school doesn't have the major i want), so i have to go home. not gonna be fun lol just like old times!!~ well i'm ranting a little, sorry