Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

regrets

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I regret:

1) not dating some chicks in school
2) not having sex with the hottest girls in my class - you can count 5 hot girls that had a crush on me (I was the alfa male).
3) not finishing advertising college
4) not studing enough on my currente college (Im almost graduating)
5) not saving money when my dad was rich
6) not traveling more often
7) losing time and energy on chicks that doesnt fit my desires
8) ...
9) ...

and then I stop and think, if I had done all these things, my life today would be different, maybe totally different!

But, then I think again ...... So what?! Life would be different and maybe even better!

Maybe I would be married with a hot woman.. maybe I would be a millionaire, maybe traveling in Tahiti, surfing, dating hot german chicks... maybe I would be a drug addict, lost, confused...

But the core thing is that life would keep on going.. and I would still be alive (or not).. and I would had taken those opportunities, and had made my life richer, with better experiences, better things to remember.

When you have an opportunity, take it, dont think too much, life will keep on going, just take it, regreting sucks badly.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regret the things you've done - not the things you have not done.....

That way, you will never miss the chance.

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
easier said than done , is what i learned

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan

Yeah, and while you're at it, don't ever try anything, you might fail at something and don't try to learn anything new either, you might make some minot mistakes along the way. Sound advice, Newman.

I think its THE EXACT OPPOSITE, regret what you haven't done, be happy about what you've done.

The biggest failures I know are people who have never failed at all.

Smile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHAT Rabbit
Hmm... Pondering...

Ok now that I have collected my thoughts, since when was making mistakes a problem? I sure as hell don't think making mistakes is something you should regret. Why? Because this is part of the learning process. This is how you and I learn; and by this we learn well. It's just like when you touch a hot stove when you're little, you made a mistake but you sure wont touch that hot sh*t again will you? Just like building confidence. Being rejected(mistake) is the sheer way to stronger confidence. Grab your balls and take some hits men, cuz it's the best way life can teach you!
Thats true, but i think he was saying something more along the lines of; your mistakes should be things you have done and then realised it was something you regret, your mistakes shouldnt be wishing you had done something and not know if it would have been a good thing.

Reaction score
if you never do anything, you will never achieve anything, if you do something, you might, i think its as ssimple as that guys. Not that hard a choice

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a great line in the masterpiece of a film Magnolia when the dying old man, the role played by Jason Robards, says, in effect, "Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't regret anything. Don't do that. You fvckin' regret what you want. [He cheated on his loving wife so many times] Use that... use that regret for you any way you want. Someone says not to regret or think about the past, something, mistakes we make... bullshyt."

And throughout the movie we hear different characters say the line, "We may be through with the past but the past is not through with us."

Yes, I do agree with the adage by Mark Twain of "Twenty years from now you will regret more the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do," but by the same token there is the flipside. In the story Magnolia we see people running away from their past and saying that the past doesn't matter, that the past is the past; we see some people try to make amends, but too late. Point being that while it's good and all to take the forward-thinking approach of focusing on building the future, do think about the past and use your regrets to guide for the good, for while you may be through with the past the past is not done with you.

The Main Event

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MVPlaya

Yeah, and while you're at it, don't ever try anything, you might fail at something and don't try to learn anything new either, you might make some minor mistakes along the way. Sound advice, Newman.

I think its THE EXACT OPPOSITE, regret what you haven't done, be happy about what you've done.
Um, I believe that was his exact point. He just didn't express it very clearly. He's saying its better to have made mistakes than missed opportunities.

You might come to regret them but, hey, you're not left wondering.

I am
The Main Event.