Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

REFRAMING... change time! class is now in session!! NOT FOR WUSSESS!

PIPE-DJ2002

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi fellow djs, its been almost 7 months since the last time i posted, but im really exited because i have learned many incredible things.

I FEEL I HAVE SOMENTHING TO SAY, AND I WANNA SHARE IT WITH YOU.

i have been studying NLP for myself, for those who dont know, nlp, is the study of your inner communication, what you tell yourself, how you use your physiology, and how it affects your moods, your nevous system.

its like if you press one button, you will get one response inside
if you press the wrong buttons, you will get another response.

its like you have 2 ways to react to your world, a positive or a negative, and it will depend, in the frame of reference you have, with this i mean your dominant thoughts are either positive or negative, its been proved that 70% of what you think in a day is negative and holds you back

this means that since the day we are born we were pre-programmed to not succed!
thats why sometimes we try and try and fail, thats why things always seem to not work. in time you have created a negative frame for yourself and thats the way u see everything.

example:

when, you try something new, and it doesnt work, you have two ways to look at it depending on your frame of attack,

a negative frame says:
I TRIED THIS, AND IT DIDNT WORK, IT MEANS I FAIL AND IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD..... ( we all have been here)

a positive frame says:
I TRIED THIS ,and ITS NOT THAT I FAILED... I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DISCOVERED HOW NOT TO DO IT, AND THIS GETS ME CLOSER TO THE ONE THAT WILL WORK,,, SO IM EXITED.... (yea)

do you see the difference? different reactions in your body? different buttons that create different messages to your nervous system, trust me the one with the negative frame will give up, and the one with the positvie frame, will keep on and keep on, cuz he knows that whatever the case, he is closer to success.

another one.
lets say your girl dumps you after a 4 year relationship, or whatever you just get rejected.

a negative frame will say.
" OH NO, SHE LEFT ME, CUZ IM UGLY, IM A LOSER, NOW MY LIFE IS OVER,, POOR ME IS DEPRESSED NOW... lol

a positive frame will say.

" ALLELUYA, THANK GOD SHE LEFT, NOW I HAVE SOME SPACE TO FIND SOMEONE THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME, YEA!!!
or
" I DIDNT GET REJECTED, I SUCCESSFULLY DISCOVERED THAT THIS GIRL DOESNT HAVE A GOOD TASTE, AND IT SHOWS ME HOW STUPID SHE IS, POOR HER.. HER LOSS.

this is basic reframing, see how what you say to yourself, affects your behavior? in any situation... IF YOU TRY SOMETHING NEW AND IT DOESNT WORK, YOU DONT HAVE TO FEEL BAD, OR IF A WOMAN REJECTS YOU, YOU DONT HAVE TO FEEL BAD,,, OR DO U?

so reframing, is taking an experience that is bad, upseting , frustrating, undesirable, and making it a GREAT advantage! THIS IS CONTEXT REFRAMING.

CONTENT REFRAMING means taking an exact situation and changing what it means... remember that nothing has any meaning but the meaning you give to it,,, you have the final desicion of what something means, for good or bad.

some people say that death is graduation to a higher level of existance, and they are exited about it, and make like a party when someone dies.

other people get sad, and depressed, i think our society is programmed for this type of reaction.

this reminds me of a story of a master reframe soldier, they were on a battle, and they were advancing, suddendly this soldier saw
the enemies, and he turned back and began to run,,, his men followed him with shock, and asked the reframe soldier,,,, " captain, are u high, why are we retreating????..... the soldier said.. " NO, WE ARE NOT RETREATING, WE ARE ADVANCING IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION." lol

again reframing is putting what others see as limitations as a great advantage
FIND THE MOST USEFUL MEANING FOR EVERYTHING SO THAT YOU CAN TURN IT INTO SOMETHING THAT WORKS FOR YOU, AND EMPOWERS YOU. so that no matter what happens outside,u stay positive you stay vibrant, and exited and in control of your life.

USING REFRAME:
a powerful way to use reframe is use it instantly and inside yourself everytime you detect a negative, limiting belief, so that you are aware of its uselessness and then you can change it.

thats why some people use positive thinking but they dont believe it, cuz in their mind they have not let go of their limiting beliefs. thats why u need to reframe it, and we will do it with challenging questions,

if you are going to question anything, question your own limitations. once you have the handle of this, you can use the principle of
"YOUR THOUGHTS VIVIDLY IMAGINED, CHARGED WITH EMOTION, BECOME YOUR REALITY"
you must construct your reality first,

ok lets do it! ( get exited by the way, this is the best gift you will give yourself)

there are endless limiting beliefs we have, and with patience we can eliminate them all, remember there is no instant gratification, this is hard work, you must reframe constantly not just once, until someday, this global positive frame of reality will come to you and you will feel like in the MATRIX, or your new reality.
this might take months of hard work.

THIS IS NOT FOR WUSSES.

COMMON LIMITING BELIEFS.
if i try something and it doesnt work, means i fail
if a girl rejects me, i feel bad, i cant handle it. it would be devastating. horrible, id fall in pieces,,, lol
its terrible to make mistakes
i need to be liked and have everybodys aproval to be happy
if a girl doesnt react positive to me, means she doesnt like me.
IF i aproach a woman, she will get upset
if a woman gets upset, means she doesnt like me which means im undesirable
if a woman rejects me, everyone in this place will laugh at me and disrespect me.
if i aproach a girl, its impossible to get her number, etc
because im not tall, women dont like me, and the list goes on...

NOTICE THAT a limiting belief has an external behavior, and an internal state, you must find both.

for instance the last limiting belief i wrote.
THIS GIRL DOESNT LIKE ME ( this is an internal state)
you need to find the external behavior.

what causes women to not like you?
BECAUSE IM SHORT, UGLY ETC ( this is an external behavior)

now we have the chain..
BECAUSE IM SHORT, WOMEN DONT LIKE ME.

EXTERNAL BEHAVIOR = INTERNAL STATE ( u need this)
now we can reframe, i have a list of powerful question you must ask yourself, whenever you wanna change a limiting belief.

ask yourself:
1) change external behavior
im tall enough to be successful with women, its thanx to my height that i can be a chick magnet.

2) change internal state
its not that women dont like me, its just that some have a bad taste, they are stupid to not see the opportunity in front of them (me). its a great advantage to find out.

3)if i reject this limiting belief, what is the worst thing that could happen?
4) if i reject this limiting belief, what good things will happen?
5) what forces you to think that way, do you have to?
6)how can you view this as positive and valuable? what positive intention did that person have?

7)can you think of a time when a woman has liked you, or has liked a guy as tall as you ( from the example)

8) (this one smokes) whats gonna happen to your success level if you keep thinking this way, what does this belief leads to, what will your life be like in 20 or 30 years. does this belief serve you well in your goals? in the long run does this give u peace of mind and makes your life like a party?

9) does this happen to everyone, always? ( in example, do u think that every short guy in history has lived without having even one woman like him?) duh!

10) is this who you want to become? arent you a human being?
11)in what ways this action,flaw, event, can make you succeed, than if you didnt have it?
12) how is the whole thing totally opposite of what i thought?
13) in the long run its better to be positive, does this belief take acount the positive?
14) this belief has not worked for me in the past, and wont in the future, what am i going to do?
15) what if this particula thing happend and you still felt good about yourself? why not? you deserve all the good in life.

do you guys feel the shift? :)

16) in other words, i probably shouldnt like you either because you are short,ugly whatever? are you trying to tell me that if i wasnt tall no women will like me after that no matter what i do? duhhh!
17) how does the sequence goes specifically, for a woman to go from not knowing you to not liking you because you are short without you having any say in the matter or influence whatsoever?

BONUS MATERIAL.... ( handling fears)
the way to eliminate any fear, is to get your self a piece of paper write down your fear, put the worst case scenario in real life, and realize that if that happens, you could actually handle it and live through.... once you know it, close your eyes and visualize yourself doing the thing you fear, and the fear happens, the worst case scenario happens, and look at yourself happy and tottally confortable with it. was it big of deal? whatever you imagine becomes your reality... BRIAN TRACY!

so right now take a piece of paper and write down your fears
_ if i approach, she will get really upset, and insult me
if i try to kiss her, she will push me away.
if i try to take her clothes off, ill be embarrassed
if i call her, and she is rude to me on the phone.
if i hold her hand, and she says no,
if i ask her out, ask her to be my gf, and she says no.

come up with the worst case scenario u can imagine, make it real life.

if i walk up and she with the rudest meanest tone tells me, **** off you loser, who u think u are to come and talk to me? just get away or ill hit you with my purse. lol thats comedy isnt it?
can i hear reframe???

PIPE-DJ2002

Don Juan
Reaction score
yesss now we can reframe our fears,, isnt that great??? :)

ask yourself
- if this happens in front of 50 people, what will the effect be on me and my life?
- if i do this, and this happens, what will the result be?
- if that happens, can i live with that?, will that hurt me in any way?
-whats holding me back? (be honest)
- is it real, or a crunch i use to avoid taking action?
- does it really exist? or is it in your mind, is this situation truly dangerous?
-am i telling myself someting to push the wrong buttons and make things worse?
- what is the most supportive thing i could do for myself right now? take action of course
- viewing this objectivelly, what are the odds of this acually happening?
- if the worst case happened, is it true that i couldnt handle it? would i go into pieces? what can i do to handle it if it happens?
- what would i do if my fear happened?
- so is it realistic to think you cant handle it and never live it down?
-has this happened in the past?
- whats so bad about the worst cases?
- what is the evidence for this happening?
- why am i afraid of something i know isnt dangerous?
- am i having faith on me and my universe?
- 90% of what you worry never happens, so is it realistic to be negative?
- realise that if this happen, you can handle it, and why not enjoy it? accept , let go.
say" if this happen i can handle it, i can be anxious and still do it, im ok as i am, im calm, i can handle it, i dd it before i can do it again.i can ride through this,

PIPE-DJ2002

Don Juan
Reaction score
feel free, to put some feedback, or any questions about it, or how to use reframing i have done it for 1 year now.

Lo Hung Wang

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its good practical advice for a temporary situation. I also think that it could lead you down a pretty long, hard road if you constantly use it to solve problems. Because in reality, you are willingly inflating your ego - and you can only do that for so long until you crack.

I find it better to accept certain actions as failures - why delude yourself? You can reframe anything you want, but then you are living on the edge of delusion. Heres an example: If a girl rejects you, thats the reality. She saw something distastefull in you - and she made her decision. Whether or not your affected by this decision is up to you. But telling yourself that she's an idiot for not liking you just makes you complacent in the future; your unwilling to improve yourself because everyone but you is wrong.

Lo Hung Wang

Don Juan
Reaction score
"reality is in your head" = Perception.

If you don't know how to be a Don Juan, and you percieve yourself as one, what does that make you? Nothing. You can't percieve yourself to be better, you have to actually be better.

" I DIDNT GET REJECTED, I SUCCESSFULLY DISCOVERED THAT THIS GIRL DOESNT HAVE A GOOD TASTE, AND IT SHOWS ME HOW STUPID SHE IS, POOR HER.. HER LOSS.

This is setting yourself up for a major ego trip and mental disaster. Firstly, if the girl broke it off...... you DID get rejected. She no longer wants to be with you. Would you rather accept the truth? Or be in denial? Accept the reality of the situation, don't attempt to change it. Secondly, you didn't "DISCOVER" anything. She was the action, you are the reaction.

"THIS GIRL DOESNT HAVE A GOOD TASTE, AND IT SHOWS ME HOW STUPID SHE IS"

This is a sure way to become an @sshole i.e. ( HAHAHAHAHahha my STUPID girlfriend broke up with me. She is so STOOOPID. Wow, im SO NOT EFFECTED BY IT. She made the mistake! There is no way that I could have possibly contributed to the relationship's decline.... because NOTHING I DO IS HAS A NEGATIVE IMPACT....)

Yet, you were going out with her........ putting up with her stupidity and bad taste? You chose to stay with her. Isn't it possible that you were mistaken, that maybe you just couldn't judge her character and you paid the price?

"HER LOSS"

And I'm sure she is grieving right now for her "loss". The reality is: it's your loss. You were rejected. That doesn't mean you have to reject yourself too.

Instead of deluding yourself and saying "SHE'S STUPID" and denying the fact that you were rejected... you can say this: My girlfriend broke up with me. She's obviously not "the one". This is a clearer statement because it aknowledges the reality of the situation without inflating your ego.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reframing is a cool and very powerful tool. To understand it well you have to understand what it does.

First of all every communication (word, phrase, sentence,...anything) has a meaning that the other person perceives. This meaning may or may not be the same as the one you're trying to send across. Because words are just a way oftransferring meaning between people.

When you get one meaning for a communication, most people stop searching for alternative meanings, because they assume that there's only one. When you reframe, what you're essentially doing is changing the meaning of a particular communication. The actual communication has not changed, but the meaning of it has.

For example, one day my friend called me up and told me that while he was moving from his old appartment, his neighbors, a couple of girls his age, met him and were telling him how sad it was theat they didn't get to know their neighbors better. My friend said that it was indeed sad and moved on.

What meaning did the communication from the girl have in his mind? Well the literal one. "How sad it is...blah blah"

So what do I tell him? I say, man you missed a golden opportunity. She was practically inviting you to "get to know" her and you could have gotten at least her email. He was like "Oh sh*t how did I not think of that???"

What did I do? Simply change the meaning of the communication that he had in his mind. But he still had the original meaning intact, which proves that reframing only serves to add meanings to a given communication NOT substitute them. This makes reframing totally unusable as therapy tool to change fears. And that stuff about saying "...her loss not mine" will only leave you in the dark.

Like I said, I only use reframing to add meanings not substitute them because it is impossible to substitute them.

Now for some real fun. read thisarticle on the Frame Wars between Richard Bandler (co-creator of NLP) and a group of his students. http://www.neurosemantics.com/Articles/paranoi.htm

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Reframing is a very interesting process, both positive and negative. Positive in the fact that your ego will not be as bruised as if you were to have the current framed mindset. Its also negative as it is occasionally delusional. I'm personally more into the "rejection then reflection" process. I don't overanalyze but it can help me sharpen skills for the next time.

Imbrondir

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet that all of those who's dissing this tip, has never actually tried this themselves. For instance, the rejection tip:

"I DIDNT GET REJECTED, I SUCCESSFULLY DISCOVERED THAT THIS GIRL DOESNT HAVE A GOOD TASTE, AND IT SHOWS ME HOW STUPID SHE IS, POOR HER.. HER LOSS"

It is a lie, only if you do not believe so. And if you do not believe so, you need to convince yourself.

Say a new michael jordan, called dennis, came to apply for a basketball team. If the coach turns down a player like this, what is really the truth anyway:

1) He is not good enough, and needed rejection.
2) The coach could not see his genious, that he was the player he has really needed for a long time.

NLP is a fantastic tool when it comes dealing with fears and negative thoughts. Thinking positive, unlike negative thoughts cannot have a negative effect. And no, you don't HAVE to become an arrogant *******, to think positive.

Psycho`Sexual

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Imbrondir
And no, you don't HAVE to become an arrogant *******, to think positive.
In fact it would be quite impossible to do so. :)

There is a great big wall that seperates POSITIVE thinkers from NEGATIVE thinkers.

That wall is word choice.

You see, a positive thinker after being rejected would consider something like "Great, let's see which other beautiful women I can pick up."

A negative thinker on the other hand would think "Oh yeah! I don't need that stupid ho! She doesnt know what shes missing, its her loss! I just discovered shes a dumb bimbo!"

Do you see the difference in words? "Beautiful" compared to "stupid."

Not only that, but a positive person would stay focused on positive prospects, not focus back on moments which didn't go as desired trying to disillusion oneself into believing something else.

PIPE-DJ

Go back and look at the words you use to stay "positive."

Indeed it's an ego trip, not a change of attitude.

Lo Hung Wang

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I and probably everyone here have tried "reframing" to a certain degree. Some people see it as progress and positive mind shaping. Others see it as trying to cover up the pain by attempting to adapt the environment, instead of yourself.

"I DIDNT GET REJECTED, I SUCCESSFULLY DISCOVERED THAT THIS GIRL DOESNT HAVE A GOOD TASTE, AND IT SHOWS ME HOW STUPID SHE IS, POOR HER.. HER LOSS"

This is how women think; the above is like saying "ITS OKAY THAT I CHEATED ON MY BOYFRIEND, HE DIDN'T REALLY LIKE ME ANYWAY". Its just changing the situation to fit your needs. I think thats insane - it's a pure ego tactic.

It is a lie, only if you do not believe so. And if you do not believe so, you need to convince yourself.
Again, this is how women think. I see it all the time. And i'm sure alot of you guys too. Women don't like dealing with truth - so they change the meaning of truth whenever they see fit. This is a logical loophole. See, if you know it's a lie in the first place, then your not truly convincing yourself at all. Your just re-painting instead of stripping. It's much worse and easier to lie to yourself than accept the truth.

Say a new michael jordan, called dennis, came to apply for a basketball team. If the coach turns down a player like this, what is really the truth anyway:
From a third person perspective, the truth can be anything you want it to be. But from the perspective of "Dennis" the ony real truth is the fact that "I didn't get chosen". It's the only thing you TRULY know as a fact. You will never be able to read the Coaches mind - so how can you make any other claim besides the truth? How can you make up false claims as to why you were rejected (to trick your mind) when you really don't know?

A healthier positive thinking strategy is to isolate and work with the truth of any situation, and accepting it for what it is.

That pretty much covers my view. Remember, theres always the other side of the coin. I'm sure that this technique would get me mad chicks, but I also know it would distort my vision of truth and leave me very unhappy.

PIPE-DJ2002

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok maybe i was being a bit too arrogant there, BUT, this is a process that happens in YOUR HEAD... its not something you communicate to the chick.

if you tell her, you are an idiot to not see how good i am, then obviously you are insecure.

its about getting it and KNOWING THAT you are a catch, and that any woman would be lucky to be with you, and if she doesnt see it that way, well,then its her loss... this is the way i have shaped my mind. its my reality.

if i start saying oh well she did this maybe im not that great, ill start to feel bad or doubt confidence.

so how do you show her this attitude when they try to piss you off, or reject you.....
you dont go YOU ARE A *****, OR YOU ARE IDIOT, no, id laugh, and say that was cute.

its the attitude, and thats what this site is all about, conveing the attitude, that you are the part that is missing inside a woman, and if a woman wants to be completly happy, then its gonna be though you. when i walk there, i know her life is going to get better, if i walk away, her life will stay the same.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lo Hung Wang
I think its good practical advice for a temporary situation. I also think that it could lead you down a pretty long, hard road if you constantly use it to solve problems. Because in reality, you are willingly inflating your ego - and you can only do that for so long until you crack.

I find it better to accept certain actions as failures - why delude yourself? You can reframe anything you want, but then you are living on the edge of delusion. Heres an example: If a girl rejects you, thats the reality. She saw something distastefull in you - and she made her decision. Whether or not your affected by this decision is up to you. But telling yourself that she's an idiot for not liking you just makes you complacent in the future; your unwilling to improve yourself because everyone but you is wrong.
this was very wise of you Wanger. If you never accept responsibility for anything, you never grow. And you're not being a man about it.

Lo Hung Wang

Don Juan
Reaction score
its the attitude, and thats what this site is all about, conveing the attitude
This is where you and I differ; I believe the DJ mentality is about becoming comfortable with who you are. When you are satisified with yourself, you will stop conciously conveying attitude.

When I first came here, I thought "Awesome!! this is a great way to get chicks!!" But now I think "Awesome! this is a great way to learn more about myself and improve." Our different views come from our different understandings concerning the purpose of this board. And thats cool.

Sisko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all how you look at it as some have stated before.
If i fail at something, why look at it from an negative angle ?
Instead, I choose to try again and think nothing of the faliure, exept it is normal to faile many, many times....

I don't know who has this quote in the sig....
but it goes in the lines of ....

I WILL SUCEED ONLY WHEN I FAIL IN ALL POSSIBLE WAYS.

Imbrondir

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post Psycho Sexual.
No need to call her stupid or a '*****'. I don't remember thinking this about a person in a year or so. But being rejected is a small value. Thomas A. Edison thoughts and persistance while making light powered by electricity is a great example.

He made over 10.000 lights that didn't work, before he succeeded. His statement when asked that he was really failing his task is an inspiration: "I haven't failed, I've found 10.000 ways that do not work" :)

Lo Hung Wang, I think you misinterpreted this statement:

Got this reminder from jugglers (or so called anti-pook) archive.
This whole "I am the prize" attitude is great. However it is not enough to think you are the prize. Convince yourself with some arguments why you are the prize, if they don't exist, you must create them. If you can achieve this, you will never have a trouble keeping the attitude, and truly believe it. In this case, it is NO LONGER A LIE!

HollowHorizon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok lets see what my fears are ....

Do i look good enough for her?

Senerio: I speak to her she shows little response as possible.

Positive outlook. Find somethingthat Intrests her or that will get her to speak up even if she is trieng not to.

2 Can i approach her or start a convo without making it dumb or boring to the point where i am talking but she stops paying attention....

Positive outlook. It happens...Next time i will throw in some questions about the realting topic

Remember you can put a question to pretty much everything

3 When i am around others that put me down and they do it..Will i be lessend in my personal figure and make me week soicialy..

Positive outlook. This person has put me down before ..So i will turn what they say around into something positive witch i will use to reflect there lack of intellegence and make them seriously look dumb

Always look for ways to change the outcome of a situation