Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

red gums

2xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi all
i've had red - dark red gums for YEARS... looks like blood doesn't flow normally around that area. a dental surgeon once told me that maybe i have to brush my gums too... tried that for one week, but no result...really weird idea anyway.
really annoys me because whenever i smile, they show up... not really what i call a clean smile :-(

suggestions, someone???
how do i improve my blood circulation ?

kickman72

Don Juan
Reaction score
you should always brush you gums

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2xp
a dental surgeon once told me that maybe i have to brush my gums too... tried that for one week, but no result...really weird idea anyway.
I brushed my teeth for a week, but nothing happened, so I quit. :rolleyes: Let's look at the facts. An oral surgeon (who one would think probably has just an inkling of an idea of what he's talking about seeing as how he's spent about 11 years in college and dental school learning his profession..) told you that you should brush your gums. You tried it for a week before figuring that the guy is a witch-doctor and giving out 'really weird' advice. Might I suggest you do what the surgeon told you? That is, unless you know more than he does about your gums in which case I'll rescind my last statement in its entirety.

If you're still worried, why not talk to a dentist that specializes in gums? The field is called "periodontics".

2xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by kickman72
you should always brush you gums
I never me someone who brushes his/her gums. and i also know lot of people who do not brush anything (teeth or gum) who have perfect gums.

btw, the dental surgeon said that after one week, it should improve. saw nothing. that's why i stopped

and the fact that they studied 10 years+ doesn't mean they know everything. when i had acne for example, i saw 4 differents dermatologists who gave each 4 differents diagnoses and solutions. i took the medicine and none of them worked. guess what, a friend told me that the solution was in a simple product you can buy a the drugstore. since that time, i don't really trust 100% a doctor.

anyway, who really brushes his gum here ????

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2xp
and i also know lot of people who do not brush anything (teeth or gum) who have perfect gums.
Your friends really tell you that they never brush their teeth? I wouldn't want to be within 10 feet of someone like that. :rolleyes:

Sure, doctors don't know everything - they're only human. However, bear in mind that different people have different reactions to different drugs. I experimented with different stuff for my acne for nearly 2-3 years before finally getting on Accutane when it was in it's formulative years. Perhaps you have a gum disease that you should have a professional look at - since brushing your gums doesn't seem to help, medication might.

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
take it easy on him, he's french.

yea i brush my gums along with my tongue. not my teeth tho:rolleyes:

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's hard not to brush your gums if you're brushing your teeth... I mean, just go a little further up and down than you're used to. If it helps, it helps. If not, it sure can't hurt - neither can flossing. Also, it's a great idea to brush your tongue... I'm not sure if it's correct, but I've heard that's the source of bad breath.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had red gums and the dentist said the same thing you need to brush your gums and when you floss you need to floss harder. I did, my gums bled for a while until they toughened up and now they are healthy pink. :)