Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Recommended books?

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there any books you guys can recommend about weightlifting and nutrition?

I just ordered Starting Strength, I'm looking for an accompying book on nutrition. I know the information is available on the internet, but I do my best reading on the subway or toilet.

Thanks

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For nutrition, I'd say the best is Berardi's Precision Nutrition--it even comes with audio CDs (with mostly the info in the book presented in audio format so you can listen to it in your car or wherever) and some DVDs. By buying it, you also get to be a member of the PN forums where you can get advice from JB's team or The Man himself. Check out www.precisionnutrition.com

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks, ill check those out. im always hesitant to buy on my own, it seems the best products are rarely commercially popular. if ironaddict endorses it im sure its good.

while running various searches on amazon and google, i found a book called 'dweeb to adonis', thats apparently a great practical self-help book for males... written by a gay man. hmm.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fred, do you have any experience with 'Scrwany to Brawny' by Berardi? I found it for cheap on Amazon and am alreayd getting free shipping b/c of a bulk order.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have any first-hand experience, but I haven't heard anything negative about it. I probably would've tried it if I wasn't already big--I don't need or want to put on more mass; if anything I need to lose some. From what I understand it's mostly his PN principles coupled with exercise advice, so it can only be good.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
has anyone heard about or read the other Rippetoe book 'Practical Programming for Strength Training'?

Is it worth purhcasing both SS and this, or either/or?

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another decent book, mostly promoting the merits of abbreviated training, is Beyond Brawn by Stuart McRobert. The book is particularly useful to so-called hardgainers who can't handle much frequency and volume, but it's cool to read anyway.

-shaun

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My favorite all time book is called the Complete Keys To Progress which you can get at Ironmind.com Its the best book i've EVER owned. I also own some of Berardis stuff too, but the Complete Keys book is amazing, and 7yrs after I got it, I still read it, and would suggest it to everyone in the industry.