Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Recommend A Book on How to Develop Humour

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I really need to become alot more funnier they I already am it is this which will help improve my success with not just women but people in general.

Can anyone recommend a good book or maybe a website to learn how to be ****y and funny ?

KOSR

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have "Comedy Writing Secrets," haven't read it yet, but supposedly it's the best.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well when I buy a book I read it, just sort of makes sense to me.

Comedy writing secrets disects jokes and explains how they work and catogorises them.

I was a bit disconcerted by the example jokes being, well, not funny. It also gives you info on how to make some money with your creativity, but I wouldn't give up the day job.

I'd be interested in better books than this, but that's the only one I've seen.

I think what's a good idea, is just take more notice of your favourite comedies/comedians and try to work out what they are doing to be funny.

For instance, I like BlackAdder and Faulty towers, and guess what, I love sarcasm and irony. I also tend to use it alot.

My favourite comedian at the moment is Jimmy Carr. He's got an excellent video out at the moment and I'm nicking his jokes everyday (just like Jim Davison). Short punchy 2 liners, many excellent C&F material.

Use humour sparingly though, too much and I think you come across somewhat insecure, less is more.

octane_orphan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Peter Kay !! Booked it, packed it, f*cked off ... i have met loads of girls that love his material.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Orphan,

Saw his at the tower gig. But I really like Pheonix Nights. And the John Smith's ads of course.

And you're right the girls 'luv eeeeet'

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpine is right, watch some comedians and learn from them. My style of humor is pretty much based on watching:

1. Ali G
2. South Park
3. Family Guy
4. Billy Madison
5. Happy Gilmore

Some women don't get the jokes, but to me that's great since I know not to pursue them any longer.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do is to take a comedy improvisation class.

nw1512

Don Juan
Reaction score
Comedy Writing Secrets