Recipes for bulking?

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking to get my diet planned out here. Anyone got any good resourced for tasty recipes designed for bulking? I want HEALTHY meals as well, I can't afford to sacrifice my health for some muscle ;)

It will be good to come up with a bit of variety.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol sadly enough I got no good recipe at all. It's mostly oatmeal + water with banana + milk or rice with chicken with soy and 1 l milk.

This one is pretty tasty though to have at work or so when you get a few min to rest.

"#1 Here is the recipe:

16 ounces Natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
six scoops of Chocolate whey protein powder
1 cup of uncooked oatmeal

Mix the pb and honey in a bowl, microwave on full for 80 secs. Add the rest and mix together. Can add raisins/nuts etc to taste. Smooth into 13x9 tray and leave for 20 mins. Cut into 10 to 12 equal bars and wrap and store in fridge.

"This is a great tasting recipe that I modified from one I found on 'bolex

Now here is the breakdown on a batch of the goodies:

Protein: 254 grams
Carbohydrates: 282 grams
Fats: 236 grams

This batch gives you a whopping 4268 calories. Thats right, over 4000 Calories and 250+ grams of protein.

So, if you can't get your bulk on...I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT!!!!!!"

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure there'll be one on Stronglifts, had a look but couldn't find anything yet.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
make chili
throw in lots of beef
add beans tomatos onions and more :D

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicken salad with lots of olive oil, avocado, lemon juice/vinegar and feta cheese. Boiled eggs with curried centres also go well with salad.

Minced Beef/Kangaroo fried with onion, garlic. Serve with steamed veggies with olive oil and pumpkin.

Roast beef/ lamb with roast veggies like sweet potato, onion, parsnip, pumpkin and carrot.

Beef/rabbit or whatever stew with heaps of veggies. (Great for the really cheep, tough meat)

Scrambled eggs or omelette with diced tomato, zucchini, cheese and schollot. Mince or chicken is optional. diced broccoli is also good.

Stuffed capsicums. Stuffed with mince, half a finely chopped cauliflower, garlic and moroccan spice. Served with soup. Baked with cheese on top.

Meatloaf, cooked using oat flour (put oats in coffee grinder), onion, capsicum etc.

Chicken/beef schnitzel served with asparagus, field mushroom and a garden salad. Serve with mash sweet potato.

Deep sea fish, fried in butter with lemon, served with rice and salad. With pumpkin soup.

Chicken soups

Chunky beef soups

Fried lambs liver (very cheep, tasty and extremely nutritious) with onion and diced bacon, served on steamed garlic spinach and pumpkin.

Use side dishes like mashed sweet potato, broccoli soup, cauliflower soup, home made hummus, pesto, avocado dip etc.

Raw egg shakes with whey, ground flax seed, banana/berries, coco, macadamia nut oil or creme. Ground oats if you want the carbs.

I'm also making a home made yoghurt like thing called kefir which is easy and great for your stomach. Can be substituted for milk as it contains no lactose or casein protein. Heaps of good bacteria in this stuff, way more then yoghurt.

It may sound gorse but whenever I stem veggies I drink the pan water with a pinch of sea salt. Don't want to loose those precious nutrients. Plus it's tasty when hot.

When buying chicken, look for the darker meat like the thighs, they have more fat and cost less.

I am so hungry right now!

Last edited:

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is one I just started making:

Ingredients

Beef 250g-More if you are bigger. You can use double/triple or whatever and cook multiple meals if you want, this is what I do. It saves time. I have used mince and steak chunks. It was a lot better with the steak chunks. Based on how many calories you need at the meal, make the decision on what type of beef to get. IE, how much fat/calories is in 100g. In the last week I have seen a rough range of 110kcal to 320kcal.

An onion-I would probably use half the onion if it was only 250g.

Mixed herbs-This is mixed spices that you will usually get in a single container. If you can't get them use Thyme/Oregano/Basil. You can probably use other things too.

Bisto powder-I usually just put a few teaspoons of powder over the meat and then put maybe a half to a full glass off water over it.

Olive oil

How to make:

1. Make sure the meat is defrosted. I usually fry this by the way and the rest of this is based upon that. I also usually cook it on high heat and only for 15-20 minutes so as to save time. Put some olive oil in a pan so that it JUST coats the surface. Put the meat in. Mix it up and turn it and get it all to turn brown, this should take a few minutes.

2. Once the meat is browned, put in the onion (chopped). Then put a good amount of the mixed herbs over all of the meat. Then put a few teaspoons of bisto powder over the meat and add half a glass of water. The water usually comes to the just below the top of the meat when I do it, so adjust accordingly.

3. Cook for another 15 minutes or so. Add more water if neccasary. I maybe add water 1-2 times more. By the end of the cooking time any liquid should be thickened and not very runny, as most of the water will have boiled off.

4. That's it, pretty simple. I recommend you add in some green vegetables. Fibre is a crucuial component of the diet and a lot of people don't get enough.

5. Eat.

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire doesn't want to get big though so don't listen to him :D

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks heaps for this!

Lifeforce that's brilliant cheers.
"Make chilli", how? :p
Nice Wolf lots of ideas there.
Quagmire - sounds simple, simple is good!

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score