Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Receding Hairline

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Despite the fact my grandfather was bald at 25, my father has had thin hair for the past 25 years and my one uncle is bald, I have always had a thick full head of hair. I thought the bald monsters forgot about me...

I am now 29, and think I noticed my front hairline pushed back a little further than it was about a year ago. I usually spike my hair up in the front and noticed I have a little less to work with.

Could this be normal do to my age and maybe not the start of male pattern baldness? I mean if it stays the way it is now, I would be happy...I just do not want it to go any further.

If I went bald I would go from like a 7 to a 4 on the looks scale. Shaving your head is only an option if you have a small refined nose.

DarkTrick

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel for you pal.

>>Could this be normal do to my age and maybe not the start of male pattern baldness?

I started loosing it earlier, so consider yourself lucky. If it's receding in front, sides or skull cap, you're prob looking at the onset of MPB. Is not the end of the world though.

>>I just do not want it to go any further.
Unfortunately, aint a hell of a lot you can do about it. Rogaine and Propecia can help, but genetics are working against you. I tried them, and after a while I just said Fk it.

>>If I went bald I would go from like a 7 to a 4 on the looks scale.
Nah, you'd be surprised.
I cut it down really short.

Sht man, I'm working in Toms River right now, small world.

sinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
At your age its natural to loose some hair. Can you post a photo or something, only them we can say if your actually going bald. And you can always get a hair transplant later

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My hairline is starting to get thinner in the front. I'm 22 years old...

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah my hairline is going the nicholas cage style but i play it off well. i'm 29 but i'm quite shocked that i have about 20 to 25 grey hairs showing up on the sides. soon i'm going to look like reed richards from the fantastic 4. it's all good though.
you'd be surprised how little people notice it. only the people jealous of you will try to make you focus on your new characteristics. the other day a aquaintence said looks like your going grey and my woman slapped me on the butt and said she thought it looked sexy. it backfired on him.

Macca

Don Juan
Reaction score
My brother started receeding at 24, my dad is really thin on top, but my mullet is still going strong at 31. My hair is thin, but there is a lot of it plus I have the pleasure of having a double crown...makes for interesting hairstyles!

I noticed at 27 that my hair seemed to thin at the front, but my hairdresser told me it was because of the spikey up hairstyles that barbers are dishing out. It makes you look reeceding as it exposes your complete forehead. So 6 months ago I changed my style to shortish spikey at the mid and back but a long fringe which is now down to my eyebrows - it's the longest it's ever been??? My is a real 80s new romantics look now, and I think it looks awesome and makes me appear younger too. Amazing how many years hiding your forehead can do!!!

So my advice to you is to ditch the spikey cut, grow some hair, and get it styled...don't show too much forehead...or slaphead!!!

On a different note, all those guys who thought they were cool some years ago are all receeding bad-style! This fvcking chump in my office - who thinks he looks like Tom Cruise (tw@t) - is receeding by the week...haha

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i was in my dads office and i looked at the cautions of using propecia and it tells women to stay far away from it. what does it do make their muff fall off?

Reaction score
First thing you should do is visit a doctor or dermatologist to confirm that you in fact have male pattern baldness, as opposed to a natural mature hairline forming. There are treatments that can slow, stop, or even reverse the process to some degree, but you should make sure there is a real problem first.

G0gL2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
theres somthing called the hairmax laser comb. Its supposed to work even better than rogain and propecia. Its a failry new thing using laser technology. Apparently it works well enough to warrent a news segment about it on my local news channel(which is how I heard about it). So its not a gimmick or scam like those miracle hair growth things you hear of. obviosly its not the magic bullet, but its supposedly better than propecia and rogaine and is an alternative to hair transplants.

anyone try this or know if it works good?