Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Really Need Some Input on How to Handle This Woman

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I moved to a condo in a new state about one month ago. Many dog owners live here and you run into a lot of residents on the property walking their dogs. A few days after moving in, I met my neighbor who stays right down the hall from me while walking her dog. I have a very cute puppy, Riley, and she immediately went crazy over him wanting to pet him and every thing like many people do when I walk him. So now, every time I see here, I get this good vibe from her but I am not sure if it’s because of my dog or if she is actually interested in me.

Whenever I see her walking her dog, she seems to slow down so I will catch up with her. Last week I inquired about finding someone to let Riley out while I am at work. She immediately volunteered to do it for free even though I offered to pay her. She declined. During the conversation, she said she didn’t want to be nosey but asked if I had moved to this new state for a job. I told her yes but did not offer information on what I do for a living because once I tell someone what I do for a living it usually becomes the focus of a lot of the conversation because it is sort of a prestigious profession and I was enjoying our small talk whenever we ran into each other.

She told me that she works from home and that she is usually just home all day sitting around in sweats and a T-shirt. I usually dress the same when I am on the property. The following day, her and I were coming out of our respective apartments at the same time. She lives three doors down from me and her dog start pulling her towards me while on the lease. The dog is very small but she just let the dog pull her over to me and she began to ask me how was my weekend and just talking small talk as always. She is always upbeat and in a good mood when I see her and seems to be single and home most of the day.

Anyway, I started work at my new job a couple of days ago so I gave her a key to my place so she could go in and walk my dog which is pretty common practice in this condo complex that we live in. I was thinking how nice of her it is for her to walk my dog and clean up after him while walking him for free. Once I arrived home after my first day of work, I called her cellphone to ask her how it went but just got her voicemail. I left her a message thanking her for walking Riley and told her I hoped everything went okay at about 6pm. Once I hung up the phone, I noticed a note stuck under my door (was not sure if I missed it or if she just stuck it under the door while I was calling her). She told me that Riley was very good and that she walked him and would be available to do it the following day if I needed her. She never returned my call that night though. While in my home I figured she would find out what I did for a living because my diplomas are on the walls of my condo. I couldn’t help but to wonder if maybe she was now, somehow, intimidated by my status. It is no big deal for me but some women tend to think that I may have women throwing themselves all over me because I am in a lucrative profession but that is really not the case at all although I am an okay looking guy.

Well, today I picked up a Thank You card for her and slid it under her door. She called me to thank me for the card and sounded upbeat about it. She explained that she didn’t call me back yesterday because she didn’t get my message until 9:30pm and she didn’t want to call to late. She told me that it was no problem to walk Riley and it was a pleasure doing so. She then I said “well, I am sure I will be seeing you when we walk our dogs but have a great holiday weekend.” I wished her the same and hung up.

Now, I am wondering if I should just let things continue as this sort of neighborly thing and just see if it takes us anywhere or should I make a move and ask her out to lunch or something. The only thing I have to lose is that if she turns me down, she may then feel too uncomfortable to walk Riley while I am at work and then I would have to find another dog walker. On the other hand, she could be waiting for me to make a move and if I don’t, she could possibly give up on me and just become interested in someone else if she is interested in me. It is hard to tell if I am getting a vibe of interest from her or not or if she just has this really outgoing personality. I need some input.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have her walk Riley twice more to establish your connection with her a little more, then either invite her out for a decent dinner because you are " really grateful " to her, or invite her to your place for some home cooking..
THis situation sounds like a walk in the park ( for you as well as Riley )
SHe is making a lot of classic feminine moves to entice you to get a little closer.
Those diplomas are also working for you, doc.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would slow cook this one. It sounds like it *could* be something sometime, but don't move too fast. I guarantee if you made a move tomorrow, she would get all uppidy and then it would be weird between you.

Do like jophil said, just have fun and escalate accordingly.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Phantasy,
I agree with Jophils comments....lots of Women project their nurturing onto dogs and they see other Dog owners as"nice"people...Sounds like,you are in like Flynn,but think it through....If you start anything,there will be down side, whichever way it goes,she will be watching your every move,worse than being married.and she is home all the time,no more plate spinning....If it turns sour then it becomes unpleasant to go home....One of the very few scenarios where best thing is to stay friends.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. I think that somewhere you over compensted with your lack of success with women by work, and it hasn't worked becusae you are still very insecure. even though you go out of your "way to not talk about what you do for a living" you still somewhat expect your job to snagg tail. it's even every thing you've typed.

2. you are over analyzing. if you really want to impress her, and you like her, just ask her out. it's really, not that complicated. she is either going to say yes or she is going to say no. if she says no you can get on with your life and focus on datable women with interest in you. it's not the end of the world.

but with that said dont' go in EXPECTING her to say no. you are a catch. talk to her with the confidence of a guy who is a catch. that youa re doing her a favor that she is being considered to go on a date with you.

most of all be true to yourself. let's be real you dont' give a damn about her walking the dog. you want to walk her dog.

the more honest and direct you are with women, the more confident you become and the more confident you become the more attractive you appear.

yo don't thinks he alrady knows you have the hots for her?

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
1. I think that somewhere you over compensted with your lack of success with women by work, and it hasn't worked becusae you are still very insecure. even though you go out of your "way to not talk about what you do for a living" you still somewhat expect your job to snagg tail. it's even every thing you've typed.

2. you are over analyzing. if you really want to impress her, and you like her, just ask her out. it's really, not that complicated. she is either going to say yes or she is going to say no. if she says no you can get on with your life and focus on datable women with interest in you. it's not the end of the world.

but with that said dont' go in EXPECTING her to say no. you are a catch. talk to her with the confidence of a guy who is a catch. that youa re doing her a favor that she is being considered to go on a date with you.

most of all be true to yourself. let's be real you dont' give a damn about her walking the dog. you want to walk her dog.

the more honest and direct you are with women, the more confident you become and the more confident you become the more attractive you appear.

yo don't thinks he alrady knows you have the hots for her?
First off, I appreciate all the input here. There is really some good stuff here including the above post that I quoted but lets not over-analyze this. I don't want this to turn into the over-analytical thing where someone tries to get my whole psychological profile from two paragraphs. Humans are much more complicated than paragraphs and years of experience and life can't be summed up in two sentences. A psychiatrist cannot even do this.

This is simply a woman that has peaked my interest and I would like to advance. The complication is, also simply, that I am in a city in which I know no one except my coworkers and I have a nice neighbor who is willing to walk my dog which was my biggest concern while planning to move here. I was lucky to find someone to do it relatively easy. Don't say I don't give a damn about my dog, man. He is my little buddy whom I raised since he could lay in the palm of my hand. He is my family. I spent very much time with training him and take really good care of him and do not want him crapping and pissing his crate and getting used to living in filth while I work. I found someone to take care of him while I am away and so it IS a delicate situation because I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around me in case she is not interested in me and I start really coming on to her. If she backs out, then I have to search for someone else to do it who will be a complete stranger to me and I don't know how long it will take to find that person.

I didn't overcompensate for a lack of success with women with my work. If anything, I am overly ****y at times and actively go out of my way to tone things down. I was engaged to be married throughout much of my education and training and ended another engagement few months before I moved to this new place. In other words, I have never had a problem getting a woman or relationship. If I do have an insecurity, it is that I like to get feedback from others in certain areas. Not because I do not believe in myself but only because I know I can get sort of reckless at times and just charge ahead in situations without thinking them through. This is one situation I am glad I didn't because I like the responses that I got above advising me to let us feel a little bit more connected then make my move. After thinking this idea through, I really like it. It makes good sense and I feel it is appropriate for the situation.

Also, I got into my line of work from personal tragedy that occurred in my and some loved one lives so I dedicate my life to my field to help others who have been through what I have. I pour my heart into my work from a passion that I have gained through personal tragedy. There is no way anyone can realize that from what I typed above.

Please, please, lets not turn this into a construction of my psyche profile. That how so many great threads on this site with a lot of great input turn into. I am liking what I am read here and just don't want it to turn into that. Again, thanks for the good feedback here.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like this situation.

I've never liked the idea of getting involved with people in your apartment complex, specially when it involves someone that is walking your dog and even has a key to your apartment now.

I'd keep this one at a distance even if she's coming onto you strongly.

This situation just seems TOO easy for you, but with a HUGE downside if all goes sour.

Scaramouche's POV is the closest to mine. You're going to get bottle-necked into an exclusive relationship with her immediately, and should it turn into the most unfortunate of circumstances, you are left with a situation where there is a scorned woman with a key to your apartment that's at home all day.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be cautious about getting involved with neighbors. Like other's have pointed out, it could go badly with her watching your every move.

You've got a good situation building with this gal, she's walking your dog for you, you are new in town, don't really know many folks yet. Give it some time, get to know her better. I like the advise of letting her walk the dog a few times, then taking her to dinner to thank her. From what you've posted, she seems like a good gal.

My vote is to slow cook this one as well.

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks again for the feedback, guys. I really appreciate it and will keep it all in mind. I will slow cook it but I decided to lift things off of the ground.

I took Jophil's "I would have her walk Riley twice more to establish your connection with her a little more" literally. Today she walked Riley for the third time but this weekend, I bumped her and her mom while out shopping for furniture for my place. She was really upbeat again and seemed happy to see me. She introduced me to her mom who seemed pretty cool as well. I didn't see her again until today after that.

I was walking down stairs with Riley to take him for his evening walk. At the bottom of the stairwell, there she was with her dog and two other women who also had their dog. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, they all started going crazy of Riley (This dog is just a magnet). After a couple of minutes of socializing, I said my goodnight to them all and as I was exiting through the door of the building, she gave me quick eye contact and I could just feel that she wanted to talk to me but probably held back since the other two females were there.

So after Riley and I finished the walk and made it back in to my place, I pulled out my phone and I noticed that she had called me and left a voice message. I listened to the voicemail and she was just basically telling me how she noticed a stain on Riley blanket in his crate and asked if I wanted her to change the blanket when she picked him up to walk him tomorrow. She also said that he noticed that he ran out of water and asked me if I wanted her to replace his water. Well, after I explained both of those findings I though to myself that it was crucial that I make a move at that moment. I then asked her out for dinner to show my "appreciation."

She told me again that it really was her pleasure to take care of Riley while I was at work and then she said "yeah, dinner would be great!" So we are going out to dinner in a couple of days. Now, I will still slow cook this thing but, again, I just wanted to move things a little bit further.

I really have to say again that I am thankful for the feedback here. It is very mature and sound.

Last edited:

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantasy said:
She told me again that it really was her pleasure to take care of Riley while I was at work and then she said "yeah, dinner would be great!" So we are going out to dinner in a couple of days. Now, I will still slow cook this thing but, again, I just wanted to move things a little bit further.

I really have to say again that I am thankful for the feedback here. It is very mature and sound.
Sounds to me as if she is 'ripe' and her 'gina is a'tingling. If I know women, she will be agonizing over her dinner outfit. I am betting on some stylist cleavage. Move slowly and keep doing what you are doing - it is working.

Oh, don't forget that the mancode requires you to submit a Field Report .

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Sounds to me as if she is 'ripe' and her 'gina is a'tingling. If I know women, she will be agonizing over her dinner outfit. I am betting on some stylist cleavage. Move slowly and keep doing what you are doing - it is working.

Oh, don't forget that the mancode requires you to submit a Field Report .

LOL. Will do!

BobMo'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Be on the alert for signs of why she's single and apparently very available.

I also agree with Scaramouche about the neighbor thing. Been there and done that.

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
BobMo' said:
Be on the alert for signs of why she's single and apparently very available.

I also agree with Scaramouche about the neighbor thing. Been there and done that.

What happened in your case?

Anyway, I am single and very available and there has to be someone out there to get with me or life would suck.

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, here is my field report. It is pretty straight forward. Basically, we had a great time. I almost didn’t think I was going to be able to keep my plan to slow cook things after the first glass of wine but I am glad I stuck to my guns though.

Since we only stay a few doors down from each other, we met outside in the hallway and took my car to the restaurant. She was, as always, upbeat and smiling a lot. Once we made it to my car, I opened the door for her and we drove off.

During the driving time it was a lot of small talk dealing with us just learning more about each other like the places in the world we visited, favorite vacations spots, etc,. I let her do most of the talking.

Once we reached the place, I opened the door for her. The place restaurant was a place one of my colleagues had recommended. I wanted a place that was romantic but not too upscale with a good menu. That placed was perfect for what I had in mind. It was casual dress so we came dressed for the occasion.

The hostess led us to our table which was outside in a garden just as I requested. The garden was beautiful with a nice pond and stream. I later found out once I ordered a trout that I was able to actually go to the pond and pick my trout out. Cool!

She sat down and noticed that the matchbooks on the table had her name printed on them and she was quite impressed by it and actually took them with her at the end of the evening (when I made the reservation, they asked me her name). Anyway, we talked and laughed and the conversation flowed smoothly and there was never an awkward moment. I told her that she looked nice tonight but was careful not to overdo the compliments so I just kept it at that. I told her that I loved Chinese foods and she tried to recall some great Chinese restaurants around town.

I found out that she was married before but I didn’t probe because I didn’t want to be probed (I know…“probed”). I told her I had a son. She seemed to not mind. She then said “should I dare ask” and then laughed. I knew she wanted to ask me my age. I told her that she was welcome to ask what she wanted to ask but I warned her that every question she asked was fair game to be reciprocated. So she asked and I told her my age. I found out that she is 3 years older than I and that our birthdays are in the same month and only 3 days apart.

We continued to learn more about each other and told stories but, again, I let her do most of the talking. As I said before, after that first glass of wine, I began to get a little horny and wasn’t sure if I would be able to resist becoming more physical.

After the first glass of wine, the waitress asked if we wanted another glass of wine. She looked at her glass and seemed indecisive so after a few seconds of seeing her struggle with the decision I told the waitress “yes, WE will have another glass of wine.” She smiled and confessed that she was not a very decisive person. I smiled and told her that I was probably at the other end of the spectrum. She smiled.

Well, I could tell she was enjoying my company because she smiled a lot and said “cool” after she would learn more about me or after I told a story. To make a long story short, a moment after we finished our second drink and I noticed that the mosquitoes were attacking her, I raised from my chair and told her “lets go.” She followed me to the car and we drove back home. I didn’t want to drag the night on.

We laughed and continued to have an upbeat conversation on the return trip. I decided that if I was in the friend zone with this woman that I wouldn’t mind because she just seemed to be good people. Of course, I would rather bang her. That’s just the man in me.

On the elevator ride back up to the floor of our apartments, I told her I enjoyed myself and she said she did too. We reached my apartment first and the moment felt so right as we were approaching my apartment, I wasn’t sure if I would kiss her or not but I knew I would at least hug her. Once we reached my front door, the apartment door directly across from me cracked open but no one came out. “perfect!” I though sarcastically. She leaned over to peek at the door to see if anyone was coming out and just as she turned back around to face me, I stepped forward and just hugged her. We said our goodnights and she turned around and asked if I wanted her to walk Riley the next day. I told her “yes, if you don’t mind.” She smiled and said “okay.”

Today when I got home, there was a nice Thank You card slipped under my door. She wrote “Thank you for the dinner last night! It was really nice to get to know you better. It has also been fun to walk Riley. He is such a good dog :).” She drew a grand total of two smiley faces in the card. She also wrote her Chinese restaurant recommendations in the card. I called her to thank her for the card but got her voicemail. I left a message (because you always should leave a message if you call once or it will seem creepy and never call afterwards to ask if she got the first message, right?) I thanked her for the card and recommendations and told her she should come with me when I go and told her just to let me know when she was open to go. I wanted to leave the ball firmly in her court but felt I should have planned that message a little better but oh well, the older you get, the less you give a **** sometimes and I don’t want to overanalyze things too much.

So right now, I feel that I could be riding a thin line between friendzone or possibly turning this into something romantic. Hard to tell. This feel like a delicate bubble but I figure if I just keep doing what I am doing, I should be okay.

So I almost didn’t think I was going to be able to keep my plan to slow cook things after the first glass of wine but I am glad I stuck to my guns though.

Last edited:

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure you're at the right end of the spectrum when it comes to decisiveness?

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
Are you sure you're at the right end of the spectrum when it comes to decisiveness?

Somehow I thought you were making reference to the quote but I guess that is your sig. Anyway, right end of the spectrum? Not sure what you mean but I just tend to be very decisive because it is what I was trained to do in my profession... to make quick and confident decisions. I am comfortable with most of my decisions so I guess it is right enough for me.

Last edited:

ecko280

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantasy said:
Somehow I thought you were making reference to the quote but I guess that is your sig. Anyway, right end of the spectrum? Not sure what you mean but I just tend to be very decisive because it is what I was trained to do in my profession... to make quick and confident decisions. I am comfortable with most of my decisions so I guess it is right enough for me.
I think he is talking about you being indecisive with this girl...

Fantasy

Don Juan
Reaction score
ecko280 said:
I think he is talking about you being indecisive with this girl...
Yeah, good point. But if that was the question, it was like I said in my other post above that sometimes I can get sort of reckless and just charge into situations without thinking them through (too decisive). Most of the time, I am okay with the outcome but the of the ones I am not, I realize that if I just took some good time to think them through, I would have probably made a different decision. Some decisions have to be made on the fly and some have time to really be considered from all angles so you can make the best choice.

Anyway, I am not always decisive. Being on the other end of the spectrum doesn't mean I am never indecisive. Sometimes I am just plain indecisive when it comes to certain things.

ecko280

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can be direct with her. Tell her what is it that you want with her. This will stop wasting your and her time. No mind games or over thinking. The worst that can happen is you guys are still friends.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantasy said:
She also wrote her Chinese restaurant recommendations in the card. I called her to thank her for the card but got her voicemail. I left a message....

...left the ball firmly in her court but felt I should have planned that message a little better ....

Her writing the Chinese restaurants on the card was 'womanspeek' for "I want to go out with you again ." This woman has HIGH interest level judging by the contents of your FR.

Even though you made an SOP blunder by leaving the "ball in her court" . she will easily forgive this because her IL is so high. If fact this "mistake" may even work in your favor because she night interpret it as cool aloofness or indifference . She certainly sees you as somewhat of a challenge .

What's next, doc ?