Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

realistic archetypes for a mature man - John Lock

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so i was thinking.... are there any real world archetypes for the mature man out there in the media.

i emphasize REAL WORLD, because much of what we see in hollywood would have 0% chance of existing in the real world.

we hold up guys like scarface as the representation of the alpha male, but in the real world most guys who tried to imitate that would end up in jail.

i was thinking John Locke from the tv show Lost is a really good example. when they started the show he was kind of an AFC male. negative thinking, bad luck in life, etc.

but as the show has gone on, he's become the type of male that i think is actually a really good role model. he's assertive, he rolls with the blows, he looks people in the eye with confidence, he follows his own path etc.

anyway, any other REALISTIC mature male media archetypes out there that you guys think are well rounded examples of how a man should be?

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bret "The Hitman" Hart has always been a hero of mine and has been a good role model for kids as well as standing up for yourself and overcoming tremendous odds be they in his real life or with his wrestling character.

The way he's carried himself throughout the years is a good example for anyone of how to be a man.

So I don't know if he counts but he's the best example I can think of.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually met the man who plays Locke, Terry O'Quinn. I was at the airport in Detroit flying to LA and he was on the same flight. We talked for an hour or so at the terminal, and for another 20 minutes or so waiting for the baggage after the flight. Very nice guy. Down to earth. Tried to ply some secrets from him as far as what will happen on Lost and it was a no go. I even asked him what the monster was and he just laughed. It turned out to be pretty ironic because on the last episode that was exactly what Locke asked Benjamin lol.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Michael Scoffield in Prison Break is pretty manly, although he has some mental issues also.

oops, wrong forum. oh well delete it if you want
Quoted so it can remain. :up:

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Benjamin Franklin, perhaps the greatest ladies man of all time.

An associate of Franklin, the London publisher William Strahan, wrote that "women, young and old, loved him because he took a keen interest in them, not merely as objects of desire, but as people with a different outlook, with their own contributions to make. He listened to them, he was not afraid of them, obvious principles of courtship too often lost sight of."

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
potato said:
Benjamin Franklin, perhaps the greatest ladies man of all time.
That guy was a fat-azz too!

Of course, I guess it helps when you found a nation.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Richard Branson - this guy never seems content with what he has achieved and he always looking for an adventure.

Tony Robbins - Self help guru, has his sh1t together and gives great advice on doing so yourself.