Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Real Music

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I finally found a type of music that I love and I wanted to share this. First off I'm a guitarist. I consider music one of my only real talents. I'm the guy that you hear about who plays for hours and hours. Now I hate most modern music because it's completely unoriginal and for the most part unmoving and uninspiring and for long time I've been into some of the great guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, etc. The problem is that I really don't like the electric guitar that much. Now don't get me wrong there are some amazing songs out there on the electric, but I really don't like heavy stuff that much. So for a long time I've felt as though music hasn't been what it could be.

It seems as though I've finally found what I've been waiting for: folk music. This kind of music is everything I've wanted music to have:

1. A range of simple to complex acoustic guitar playing that is very melodic.

2. Simple poetic lyrics. I love poetry but I don't like it when a poem feels like the poet is trying to show off his mastery of techniques.

3.Meaningful lyrics, mostly in narrative form. I love songs that talk about subjects that the top executives and the blue-collar workers can relate to.

4.Love potrayed realistically. Regardless of what some of you may say I do believe in love. Not the obsession that you hear about in emo songs, but real, blood, sweat, and tears kind of love. The kind of love a man has for a woman who stuck by his side for 30 years.

Anyway, to make a long story short if anyone is interested in this genre here are some great artists:

Woody Guthrie
Bob Dylan (An obvious one I know)
Phil Ochs
Donovan
The Band
Grateful Dead
Doc Watson
Joan Baez
Gordon Lightfoot
Johnny Cash (His songs are folkish)
Arlo Guthrie
Pete Seeger
Judy Collins

If you know of any other great folk artists please let me know.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few obvious ones you missed:

America
Cat Stevens
Don McLean
Simon and Garfunkel

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick Drake. Nick Drake. Oh my god, I can't believe you don't about Nick Drake yet.

Check him out. Get his album "Pink Moon." It's going to blow your mind apart if you like folk.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Forms
Nick Drake. Nick Drake. Oh my god, I can't believe you don't about Nick Drake yet.

Check him out. Get his album "Pink Moon." It's going to blow your mind apart if you like folk.
It's also depressing as hell. Still really good, though.

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long to reply. I've been out of state for the past week.

I know about Nick Drake, Simon and Garfunkel, and Don Mclean. I'll have to check out America and Cat Stevens. James Taylor is another good artist. I meant to include him with the list but I forgot. Jack Johnson is good too, although I think he uses the same chords too much.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dave Matthews has some great accoustic music. Most of it is pretty much chords but you're switching them pretty fast and it's fairly challenging. I like the intro to the some Jimi Thing. Others are great too.