Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Real life Alphas

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is NOT a thread to debate what a Real Alpha (tm) is. I'm curious to see examples of what people here would consider Alphas.

I'll go with Jay-Z. The dude came from pretty bad circumstances. I worked for a while in Bedford-Sty, where he grew up. It's a pretty **** area and it was even worse a couple decades ago. The guy isn't particularly good looking. He's now worth hundreds of millions and his wife is one of the most desirable women in America. "99 Problems" is pure Alpha. Love him or hate him, he's had some impressive achievements.

Scormus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He has the 6 foot plus height though which is far more important to being able to pull than being handsome but say 5 foot 9.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If i had to choose one it would be Schwarzenegger. I dont agree with his actions of cheating, but how he came from Germany poor as could be, set to goals in his head to achieve bodybuilding championships, be the top actor in America. Then went on to Governor and back to the movies is very impressive. Cant forget he was also a multi-millionaire before the movie from investing in Real Estate and his bodybuilding mail order catalog. All very impressive things to me.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are mentioning guys who have overcome odds to succeed. I don't think that's what an Alpha is. (which isn't what you asked).

I have no idea how Schwarzenegger or Jay-Z act around different people. They may act alpha in some situations, but absolute beta in others.

As for alpha movie characters (guys who hold their frame no matter what), I'd choose the following:

Sean Connery's James Bond

Hand Solo (I love you....I know)

Andy Garcia's character in Things To Do When Your Dead in Denver

Jack Reacher (the character, not the actor)

Captain Kirk (most of the time)

and on and on...

I know these are fictional characters, but the guys mentioned above, as much as we know them are fictional characters as well.

(Unless you usually hang with Jay-Z on the weekends.)

DonJuan_DeRosco

Don Juan
Reaction score
Clint Eastwood.

In film and apparently in life if his biographies are true to form.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gustavo Fring from Breaking Bad. Total calmness and control, thought of (almost) every contingency.

Walter White in later seasons, although I think his sociopathic tendencies and pathological lying preclude any admirable "alpha" status, IMO.

Robert Baratheon in the Song of Ice and Fire novel series. Tywin Lannister. Jon Snow becomes more alpha-like. Lots of good examples in those books.

Alpha is also contextual. Human beings have the most complex social structure of any animal, and it's never as simple as just being the biggest dog. An alpha in the clubs may get his as$ handed to him at jujitsu practice. An alpha in the office may go home with his tail between his legs to a domineering wife. The CEO of a large company may pay a professional S&M chick to spank him and step on his balls after work. Context.

In my view the alpha/beta labeling is mostly just a big circle-jerk we use to stroke our own egos and give hollow validity to our own views. Have you ever known a true charismatic confident Man to tell you how alpha he is? Or how beta you are? No, because guys like that don't bother with academic labeling and their confidence in their life and abilities precludes explanation. It's a lot like being the boss. If you feel the urge to tell your subordinates that you are in control, you probably aren't. Similarly, if a guy feels the need to puff his chest in the forums or blogs directly or indirectly about how "alpha" he is, he is insecure of his own actions and opinions. I think it has some good teaching applications, but in the manosphere it just amounts to a big imaginary d!ck-measuring contest.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Hand Solo (I love you....I know)
LOL, a concise description of many members' love life these days...

timmylivingalie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dasein said:
I don't subscribe to pack animal designations being applied to human beings. What are some examples of human alphas? or as close as humans can get? Just go to the nearest prison, packed with them. Alpha animals achieve social dominance by raw brute force, we spend billions of dollars housing and feeding "alpha" human beings in the process of keeping the rest of us safe from them.

In contemporary culture, reading Nietzsche's "Geneaology of Morals" reveals that what we mistake for "alpha" today is really just a democratically evolved expression of "priestly mentality," the highest level of functionary within today's decadent, resentment based culture. In nature, alphas set the rules, in human culture, a mob sets the rules, and whatever human the mob reveres in accordance with mob values is considered the apex. Rising within mob power is what a priest does, not what the noble does.

Let's take Michael Vick for example, when he plays football well and appeases the mob in that way, he is revered as a superior man, compensated as such. When he fights dogs and displeases mob values in that way, he is loathed. Alphas in nature are not subject to such mob vicissitudes. They rule as long as they dominate the mob, and are replaced when their power fails them and a new alpha usurps. Natural alphas are tyrants, not popularity contest winners or the beneficiaries of voluntary market transactions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buuC2IHqgCk

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad. Seriously, dude was fvcking girls since he was 11 or 12, his first gf he married at 17, the beauty queen of their hs at the time, had two boys, then divorces her cause she tries to push her religion on him, he enters the Marines after having been in dozens of street fights/bar fights whatever, one guy he claims ever beat his as5 when he was in his early 20s and the dude was in his 30s taking place at a swimming pool. All his friends were BAD, dope-smokin bikers, musicians, in the 70s. Just always doin crazy fvcked up sh!t. Cut his arm badly with a chainsaw drunk fvcking around the house with friends when I was a toddler, I remember that.

In his high school annual, you're looking across the page at all these BOYz class photos then you see my dad's sticks out VERY blatantly like um this is an adult MAN in high school, just looks the most mature outta all of them by far. He came from good stock, but he Always rejected authority and rebelled against ALL authority always, especially his own father who was always Harsh old school, kicking him out of the house because he got said 1st girlfriend/wife pregnant my papa, his dad, said "You're dead to me" I don't ever wanna see you again. Even in the Marines (while never discharged) got thrown in jail once and almost died due to a threat by the jailer with his foot on his neck, two others holding him down, saying that if he moved, he's dead. Also was arrested and thrown in jail for fighting a bit as well, and for getting on the wrong side of cops almost getting killed there too. He always escaped those bad situations cause a judge was in his favor due to whatever reason, just cause the judge liked him. It was different back in them times. Not sure if he knew the judge previously can't remember.
Also, in the Marines he'd get special treatment, I think, because of his stature or stock, and as well, didn't have to go to Vietnaum was given an out even though he wasn't ever drafted but was already in when the war started. They just gave him an out, because he was "favored" ("good ole boy network," I think, not sure).

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure I even know any real "alphas" in my life right now, not the type they talk about on this forum anyway. These are the closest two that come to my mind, but I'm not sure they qualify as truly alpha. Maybe the second guy. Both are married, with children:

Guy 1 is a young, tall, handsome guy in a position of some authority. Girls hover around him and flirt on pretty much a daily basis. I see this mainly as a function of looks though. I've seen this guy act pretty AFC, he got very whiney and subservient to his wife when they started to have some problems. The only reason I might consider him alpha is because he clearly attracts women and he is in a position of authority.

Guy 2 isn't in a position of authority, but he has a build like a linebacker and has always attracted women wherever he goes. He's a big, strong guy, and I think women feel safe around him. He is also considered good looking, and he likes to go out drinking. He will often show his dominance by roughing up other males when he gets drunk. I can't recall any instance where he has been beaten up or gotten in trouble for this. Part of this may be because he has a similarly tough brother who has his back.

I know a number of player types, but I don't consider them alpha, they just like to screw. Also, regarding Poonani Maker's post, I don't doubt that his dad is an alpha, but it brings this point to mind: I don't think that simply having a problem with authority makes you an alpha.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
President Obama.

I kinda said that as a joke. But seriously, I consider alpha nothing more than a leader in a particular situation. Here's the deal. In nature the males fight for top spots, and women go for the winners. Alphas to me are the winners. Doesn't matter how they act, or how they look, if they are king of their mountain, then they are king of their mountain.

That being said, I'm done trying to build up some other guy's mountain and I'm working at building my own. So I'm the realest alpha I know in real life. Say I'm not.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
I kinda said that as a joke. But seriously, I consider alpha nothing more than a leader in a particular situation. Here's the deal. In nature the males fight for top spots, and women go for the winners. Alphas to me are the winners. Doesn't matter how they act, or how they look, if they are king of their mountain, then they are king of their mountain.
I totally agree with all of that.

Warrior74 said:
That being said, I'm done trying to build up some other guy's mountain and I'm working at building my own. So I'm the realest alpha I know in real life. Say I'm not.
I know you're talking largely about starting your own business, but regardless that's still a good attitude to have.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe said:
..don't argue with fools ...
FAIL!

Just kidding, I agree with your post 100%. To emulate a so-called "Alpha" from La-La Land, U.S.A is to become a caricature and not an authentic man.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ultimate Real Alphas... Just watch Mountain Men.

Living off the land, totally self-reliant, couldn't give a sh!t about what anybody thinks, living close to nature and in-touch with the purest masculinity possible.

Most of these reality shows are scripted, but these guys seem to be the real deal.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:

I agree..in the END, women don't care How you got there, just that you got there. They swoon over me (most recently my next door neighbor's young wife grabbing me on the arm when I bumped into her accidentally where she works at a pizza parlor this week while on lunch). They., do. not. Care. what I say now or how I say it, it can be the stupidest thing or accent or whatever I say to them, they approve BECAUSE they Know that I am already top that I must have had to fight like a mutherfvcker to get to the top and of course, I did, but really it was short-term (a few years) pain for long-term not-much-fighting anymore really. I was MORE of a man During the tough fighting process lean and mean, She/the girls Should have desired me the Most back then, not now. I was more of a go-getter back then. But b!tches be stupid so, they just want your money and position, all I can say about that. They want to TELLllll their girlfriends that they are now with such n' such, their cousins their friends, their whatever, they want to Put to ear, their stoopid mutherfvckin phone and tell of how great they've gotten with this special guy. "Oh please, do tell"...eyelash blink eyelash blink, Gone with the Wind, there is true alpha Rhett Butler, he got all his riches through STEALING from the confederacy but woman Scarlet don't care, she just happy that HE IS capital IT doesn't matter how he got to where he got, just that he got. She wants his money, she wants the onlookers to be jealous period end of story. Women, most, are pretty fvckin stupid.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
Ultimate Real Alphas... Just watch Mountain Men.

Living off the land, totally self-reliant, couldn't give a sh!t about what anybody thinks, living close to nature and in-touch with the purest masculinity possible.

Most of these reality shows are scripted, but these guys seem to be the real deal.
Ya here's one of them I subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz-Z7uKbznA