Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Reading Sci-Fi novels = Too AFC?

Demystify

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
how detrimental is reading sci-fi novels to getting girls?

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you like reading Sci-Fi novels? then keep doing it.
If you had to be exactly what a woman really wants, you'd be a walking penis, dont give up on reading.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demystify said:
how detrimental is reading sci-fi novels to getting girls?
It's not. It's who is doing the reading.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The key is this: Don't do or not do anything purely because of female opinion. This makes you come across as low value.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you chase after girls 24/7?
Didn't think so. So do what the hell you like in your free time!

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In all honesty making this thread=Too AFC. I read manga and watch anime but I still get girls. This one guy I know who gets a lot of girls chasing him isn't ashamed to let people know he reads Naruto, and he's those type of guys you wouldn't expect to read stuff like that.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
asking if it's AFC is AFC.

Doing it cos you god damn feel like it and ignoring everyone's opinion of it is DJ.

Reaction score
Actually it is AFC because it's something that mostly nerdy guys who don't care about guy things (like myself) are into and takes you into a world that you may actually hide your own insecurities in. For example, you may see yourself as a non-human entity, like an anderoid or robot to mask getting hurt or feeling vulnerable. Also it's puts you in a different frame of mind, say, compared to looking at a comedy or romantic stuff -- because of the intense and heavy nature of the program. If you are not good with girls, enjoy looking at that stuff, or looking at deep and intense things, then you are not going to have a relaxed and/or DJ frame of mind.

I can tell you, having a 'science fiction' indoctrination, where I liked watching doctor Who, Star Wars, X-files, UFO-files, UFO-hunters, definately has not helped my game, but has helped me get more detached from the world in an unhealthy way. Definately not recommended.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
An ex of mine reads "erotic science fiction."
Dude, they have that? Wow, my summer reading list just got way cooler.

Luke Skywalker said:
Actually it is AFC because it's something that mostly nerdy guys who don't care about guy things (like myself) are into and takes you into a world that you may actually hide your own insecurities in. For example, you may see yourself as a non-human entity, like an anderoid or robot to mask getting hurt or feeling vulnerable. Also it's puts you in a different frame of mind, say, compared to looking at a comedy or romantic stuff -- because of the intense and heavy nature of the program. If you are not good with girls, enjoy looking at that stuff, or looking at deep and intense things, then you are not going to have a relaxed and/or DJ frame of mind.
Only the individual who is unable to discern fantasy from reality will be subject to this problem. The "escapism" excuse, is just the voice of the weak. Some of the most thought provoking things I've ever seen have been cartoons. Ever watched Neo-Genesis Evangelion? BeBop? Just because its considered arcane or out-of-touch by society's measure, doesn't lessen its value to me, or any one else who reads/watches/enjoys it.

Luke Skywalker said:
I can tell you, having a 'science fiction' indoctrination, where I liked watching doctor Who, Star Wars, X-files, UFO-files, UFO-hunters, definately has not helped my game, but has helped me get more detached from the world in an unhealthy way. Definately not recommended.
Again, this speaks to the weakness of the individual. I live for sci-fi, regular fantasy, and all that groovy stuff. I don't really give two sh1ts whether they help or are detrimental to my dealings with women (but lets ignore the stupidity of that notion first) because I enjoy them.

If a women finds me to be any less of a man because of that, then the coochi ain't worth the effort. No single action, activity, emotion is AFC. It's when a man questions himself as to whether or not he conforms to society, that is AFC.

Reaction score
Rhoto said:
Only the individual who is unable to discern fantasy from reality will be subject to this problem. The "escapism" excuse, is just the voice of the weak.
Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself? You just like looking at sci-fi? What types of sci-fi do you look at? Do you think you have a balanced lifestyle or are you a sci-fi junkie?

I'm perfectly lucid and am able to discern fantasy from reality or obviously I wouldn't be a Real-Estate agent, however, those concepts do play around with your head due to exposure. It may not be obvious, but there could be some subconcious effect.

You see, I feel whatever you put into your head is going to come out in some way shape or form, it's called psychological conditioning. Certain mannerisms could surface on a subconcious level from that type of programming (the program's influence). So, I ask myself, is this programming my subconcious or unconcious in a productive way or counter-productive way to become a more socially confident person? I do not see how most sci-fi is going to program the sub-concious in a productive way.

Rhoto said:
If a women finds me to be any less of a man because of that, then the coochi ain't worth the effort. No single action, activity, emotion is AFC. It's when a man questions himself as to whether or not he conforms to society, that is AFC.
The point thrown across here is if sci-fi is helpful or not getting at girls, not about conforming to society. But, hey, the latest Doctor Who character, David Tennant, appears to be a Don Juan.

Reaction score
Cr1msonKing said:
Luke, all your statements, assumptions, theories are based on NO EXPERIENCE with the other gender. Why should anyone listen to you?
I have plenty of experience with the opposite gender, I know what doesn't work.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
I have plenty of experience with the opposite gender, I know what doesn't work.
It doesn't work because you don't know how to make it work.

Reaction score
armadon said:
It doesn't work because you don't know how to make it work.
Sure, why don't you tell us how watching how science fiction is going to get anyone laid or in a right frame of mind when dealing with chicks if you are so smart?

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Good point Luke, Han Solo is such a chump for not kissing Princesss Leia's ass like the princess she is. Science fiction is so AFC...now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to beat off to episodes of "Ice Road Truckers" on the History channel while eating a bag of nails and bench-pressing a Volkswagen.

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself? You just like looking at sci-fi? What types of sci-fi do you look at? Do you think you have a balanced lifestyle or are you a sci-fi junkie?
I have roughly 250 gigabytes of "Sci-Fi" Anime and Television Series, 100gigbytes of Action/Sci-Fi movies, 500 gigabytes of Trance Music. I don't own any collectibles, except the Guyver. I don't care for sci-fi any more than regular fantasy, I've ready about 50% (I think) of every available Dragonlance book, and took art classes just to be able to draw what was in my head.

I don't lead a balanced lifestyle at all. I don't think anyone does, or any one can. If you were balanced, what would be the point of living? If you're not in a struggle or lack a pursuit, then why bother taking the next breath?

If you mean, do I live a "socially normal" life, by all means, yes.

Luke Skywalker said:
I'm perfectly lucid and am able to discern fantasy from reality or obviously I wouldn't be a Real-Estate agent, however, those concepts do play around with your head due to exposure. It may not be obvious, but there could be some subconcious effect.
Yes its called your waking life. Every single thing you see, hear, smell, taste, feel, think and experience will all leave their mark on your psyche in some way or another. The degree to which this occurs solely rests upon the individual. Denial of this is to deny responsibility for your life and become the victim. (Mind you, there are exceptions to this, Schizophrenia, Post-Traumatic Stress, drug addiction etc. Such people cannot truly be helped.)

Luke Skywalker said:
You see, I feel whatever you put into your head is going to come out in some way shape or form, it's called psychological conditioning.
That sounds more like a lack of self-control, than social conditioning. Social conditioning has more influence over the individuals behavior and cognitive process, rather than expression.

Luke Skywalker said:
Certain mannerisms could surface on a subconcious level from that type of programming (the program's influence). So, I ask myself, is this programming my subconcious or unconcious in a productive way or counter-productive way to become a more socially confident person?
Luke Skywalker said:
I'm perfectly lucid and am able to discern fantasy from reality
Ya sure?

Luke Skywalker said:
I do not see how most sci-fi is going to program the sub-concious in a productive way.
Really? Then you must watch garbage. I've seen and read of characters that have some excellent traits and offered some very interesting views of the world, life and love. Just as all genres of fiction.

Luke Skywalker said:
The point thrown across here is if sci-fi is helpful or not getting at girls, not about conforming to society. But, hey, the latest Doctor Who character, David Tennant, appears to be a Don Juan.
Spending time on science-fiction is detrimental to your game. Just as much as action movies, the news, and any other activities that are not directly related to gaming chicks are. (See the futility in your argument yet?)

In my view, the men who embrace the abstract and arcane, tend to be very creative in their lives. They express this through their work, fashion, lifestyle. Mind you, I also know guys who live in crap ass apartments with computers that cost more than your car. So its all a matter of perspective.

The bottom line:

A female that feels or behaves negatively any way towards an aspect of your life that brings you happiness or joy, tell her to get da fvck out.

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
Sure, why don't you tell us how watching how science fiction is going to get anyone laid or in a right frame of mind when dealing with chicks if you are so smart?
You are ashamed of being a nerd so it projects through. You hide it like it's evil. Chicks can see that and assume you are the typical sci-fi nerd that lives with their parents and does crazy sh*t at night. Everyone knows I'm a nerd but since it doesn't bother me it's accepted with people. Sh*t this chick I'm seeing asked if my dungeons and dragons character died the other day because I'll make her laugh with the story. She hates video games and stuff like that but since I think it's cool she's interested and I'm not looked down upon.

The difference between you and me is you hate who you are and I love who I am.

Demystify

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and I saw a guy who looked muscular and confident browsing the Sci-Fi section. he didn't have a girl with him, but one would assume just by looking at him that he gets girls. So who knows.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just have to balance out your hobbies :p, If you like anime, sci-fi and heavy metal.. temper it with some MMA.