Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Read the bible, did everything I can, but God and Fate is not with me..please help me

lost&confused

Reaction score
hi everyone, this is my first post and I am here to seek advice from the experienced members here. I am in a confused state on what to do:

Went out with girl I like to lunch and it went well during the lunch.

Later that night, she msged me on MSN and we chatted for a while. Because throughout the whole lunch thing, she didn't know my english name, and therefore she asked.

The crappy thing is that it turned out I have the same english name as her ex bf. I think that triggered some buried memories and suddenly reminded her of her ex bf. So she started telling me how sometimes she still misses him.

Of course, I am not her personal psychologist or emotional vent hole. So i tried to lead the conversation somewhere else which I did successfully but NOT before I asked how long she went out with him and when she broke up. It turned out that she went out with him for 2 years and broke up 4 months ago.

Should I wave her goodbye and forget about her now?

superman2k6

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol forget the fact that you have the same name, if it really is a problem then she can call u a pet name or nickname anyway

wat I'm wondering is whether you 2 went out on a DATE? because if not, then I think it's a problem because you just may well be in the friend zone because a girl who's interested in you will not talk about their ex or tell you that she misses them

who cares how long she went out with her ex for, and it's been FOUR months

you probably already know, but your biggest mistake was asking her how long she went out with him

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are going to going to get back on the rigth track you will have to put alot of effort in. First off stay away from that internet messaging stuff. If she calls you dont answer and call her back a couple of hours later. Small things like this will make her want you more,its all about availabilty. Make it somewhat of a pain for her to get ahold of you. Now most importantly you must bust her balls when you talk to her and are around her.
If any girl ever brings up her exboyfriend I say "(clear my throat) I dont want to hear about your boyfriend unless its me". They always stop and change to another subject. Just dont be rude when saying it and it will work.
Another one I use every once and awhile which I got off this board is "if I wanted to talk to your old bf I would be with him right now". Just remember your tone and actions make what they will think of what you say.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lost&confused

Should I wave her goodbye and forget about her now?
Yes. When a woman is interested, she doesn't ditch you for having the same name as her borefriend. You read the bible? Good, then you can get out there and start getting more girls. Good luck to ya.

G